Register now to get rid of these ads!

WTF Is This Thing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FoMoCoPower, May 21, 2008.

1. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I found these pictures in a listing for an upcoming auction.

They have it listed as a Kit Dragster.......I doubt it was ever even intended to be functional. Might look kool as yard art though...think my neighbors would see it as just a flower pot?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

probably for a kid? small displacement engine?
    how big is it? hard to tell in the picture.
    any engine?

3. bartikus

bartikus

maybe it's a really big pedal car.

4. jonny o

jonny o

Holy quads.

5. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like it's one of those "Junior Dragster" things, given that it's got bicycle wheels on the front.....

6. Mojo

Mojo

this is a strange request, I know... but can I see some more pictures of those rear tires? I remember seeing them in late 60's and early 70's magazines. Some pics of the tread, and anything on the sidewalls? I really appreciate it, thanks!

7. rockabillybus

rockabillybus

I say buy it and start your own downhill drag rail derby!:D Looks more fun than a soap box car. I always wanted one but they are useless here in South FL.:(

8. nexxussian

nexxussian

Looks like the shiny strip in the middle of the cockpit leading up to the driver's seat is a chain guard. RIGHT NEXT TO BIG JOHN AND THE TWINS:eek::eek:.

9. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

sorry,all i have is pretty much what you see....i have not seen it in person yet

10. 73RR

73RR

I'm not seeing a place for an engine..maybe a giant soap box derby car?:D
    Probably as mentioned, a junior dragster with Briggs-Stratton power.

11. I don't know WTF it is but I want it!!! I have the perfect engine for it. By the way how fast can you go on bicycle rims and tires??>>>>.

12. Sniper

Sniper

By the cockpit picture, it looks like it's a chaindrive unit. Wouldn't want the ol nads falling out of the pantleg of your shorts would ya!

13. I think you're right or close, but in my case it would be little john and the triplets.:D

Maybe an early junior dragster. The only thing that would nix that thought is the size of the tires, I'm pretty sure a souped up lawnmower motor wouldn't turn those meats.

14. nexxussian

nexxussian

They'd only do it once:eek:.

15. jonny o

jonny o

C'mon bro! You can do about 100mph with those things on there, just make sure you got the motor to lift 'em off the ground for the entire run!

16. invizibletouch

invizibletouch
    from Mobile, AL

Sweet! Looks Jr Dragster as already stated above.

17. No problem if it's a 100 you say it's a 100 we'll do. And lifting the front end will be no problem!! And about that nads thing,if your shits draggin that low you need a tuck job>>>>.

18. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

I know the perfect setup for it. A friend of mine has developed a craving for the old 900-1000cc Kawasaki motor cycles and has one with a shaft drive. Put that big 4 cylinder motor in it and convert it to the driveshaft like the little round de round cars. I think they're called Legend car...the ones with the 30-40s style bodies in about 1/3 size. Take it to the strip and let her rip. Hell, you may even start something big here. A mini, old school, front engine dragster for the kids to race. You could do some wild stuff with those four carbs on it along with some crazy exhaust pipes like the Zoomies. Very cool.

19. phat rat

phat rat

It's not a Jr. dragster. Here is what they look like. Thought I had pics of my grandsons car on the putor but I must have lost them in the crash last fall.

Attached Files:

20. Deadhead

Deadhead
    from N,E,Texas

I think a dragster go cart the hole on the
    side(driver right) is just right for a pull rope.

21. Hey MOJO, they look like GOOD YEAR BLUE STREAKS to me. My buddy has a set on the back of his 37 chevy. Mike

22. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

I used to have a set of mickey thompson bias ply 195-50-15's that had the EXACT same tread pattern. They were the hot setup with the parking lot racers back in the mid 80's.

23. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I did 55 MPH downhill on my roadbike once.

24. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

That spot in the middle of the axel could be for a break cause i don't see any . Maybe the sproket [ if it has one ] doubles as a disc break? Looks like a canidate for a gsxr 1000 motor.

25. Movie or business prop.

26. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

copy that, I vote prop

27. Mojo

Mojo

that's what I was thinking! I've always liked them, grew up seeing them in old car magazines dad had laying around. Do you know if they are "sports car specials"?