Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Model A Truck will soon Scream under new Power

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 15, 2007.

1. jonny o

jonny o

Wow, I'm glad I found this thread. Great looking rig man, I'm really really interested in a traditional/drag truck. I'll be looking for an original build thread.

Wish I could make it to Thompson to hear her run, guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed to meet you at 42?

Best of luck.

I have heard the same thing about those heads... I ended up with the Pro Actions, but along with the patriots they are some of the smoothest "out of the box" castings I have ever seen and will lend well to more work later if you wish.

If those an lines start to bug you, Summit makes all their fittings in black as well. I believe you can also find black line as well.

2. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I plan to attend the Rock and Race at 42...........The AN colors do not bother me...I had alot of the stuff laying around including the line already....so using it was cheaper..I did consider the black fittings and lines thou...not to mention I have only done all this work just to have fun this summer....come winter I will rebuild the 327 that was pulled out and run my black rubber lines again..........I am running the AN and braided line to pass tech for the tech guys that really do their job.....Thanks ,Littleman

3. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I started a while back to fab up some 36ish type rear bones/traction bars from scratch..I have no hopes of my vintage 36's hanging w/ the new extra HP..hope to end up with something that will survive the DragStrip.I still have alot more chips to make till their done........Littleman

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Those are solid blocks of steel.....lots more chips! Cant wait till thompson. Heard it run today after the swap meet....Sounds really good....I might have to get used to looking at the bed of that truck....

Don

5. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

It sounds great, Dave, you should start writing messages on that toolbox in the back for Don. Something like "Sorry you're so slow, better luck next time Don"

6. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Ha ha Dan..........but I cannot do that......It will be awhile before I have the carbs dialed in for the new engine...until then I expect a close race......unless I get the tune up on kill quickly, then who knows?..We both have made some changes so they are both unknown and should perform different from last year....Littleman

7. It sounds absolutely great! I think you'll have to learn how to drive this thing all over again......But now that I saw that Steel Topolino body......Think Dave, think........

Attached Files:

8. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Rear bones starting to take some shape..Littleman

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Littleman, I was telling my buddy Art (a regular at Thompson) about you redoing the truck. He's having his Olds motor redone by Ross down in Niles but want's to line up against you for a photo opt. at the upcoming event. I think he'll have about three days to get the car back together before the event..lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

If he gets it together It should not be a problem.......I wish him luck....Littleman

11. LabRat

LabRat

Gettin closer , where's the vid . Always a pleasure to see your work Littleman .

12. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Still making chips with the rear DragBones....Littleman

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

A Dragrace version of 36 rear bones..They are fully welded and rosetted...I am going to weigh one....I could have carved them more to make them lighter....but adding weight on the rear axle on the Truck I think will be a good thing...Littleman

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Thanks wingnutz................not many people interested w/ go fast hotrods..I will stop posting updates, I am close to being done.....Thompson is in a couple weeks...Littleman

15. jonnycola

jonnycola

Those look fantastic!

16. beatnik

beatnik

Were watching Dave, I've been waiting to hear it fire up. I'm hoping to hear it at Thompson, if I get my wagon back together in time.

17. Paul Y

Paul Y

Littleman,

Keep posting! I sometimes miss your updates as the HAMB just moves so fast but always enjnoy them and feel slightly envious at how so much skill and talent can be packaged into such a small container....

Look forward to seeing the end product.

P.

18. drflex

drflex

man you do some NICE work!!!

19. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Dude, those bottom links look killer.. You are a machining fool!! Do you have an upper link to? or is it just the bottom links. Good luck man!! It is looking killer!!
    Jimmy White

20. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

holy crap look at those welds.
    very nice!!

(got my Littleman shirt in the mail the other day - thanks)

21. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Jimmy ,I am only going to run what you see..had thoughts of running a upper bar...but the main lower tube is 4 1/2'' into the block I machined..That tube is 1 1/2 DOM with a 1 1/4'' DOM that was turned down on the lathe to a press fit into the 1 1/2'', so its double walled and rosette welded its full length....so I am thinking it should do the job....stiffer than the stock 36 bones.....I could have done alot more machining on the main blocks like radius all the corners and such, but really liked the idea that they are heavy and the location of the weight.............Thanks everyone....I soon will test them!.....The metal scrappers could have made some money with all the chips that were made.....Littleman...I will add a upper bar if thats what it tells me I need....have to spank these first....

22. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

J-Bird ''Jeremy Lockard'' from Ohio came over and painted my Tuck designed logo onto my Model A Pickup doors.........I think they came out great...Thanks, Jeremy!!! ''J-Bird here on the Hamb''........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

J-Bird 330 550-3430

23. jonny o

jonny o

Man, oh man.
    Between the shirts and the shop truck, you really do have a tease going. Unless I missed a thread about you going into business. Last I read you were jonesing to be able to do this all day. I'll take one DDS style rolling chassis please.

That's gorgeous man. It's very crisp, and somewhat more "proper" than I'm used to seeing, but it fits the truck with the wrinkle walls and shiny motorvation.

24. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Dave, don't stop updating us on your ride. I know I'm not the only one around here that likes a scary-fast HOT rod. That thing is rad.. can't wait to see you kick its ass on the track.

25. Well if your going to spank them first, I say let's run this little bitch Saturday night at Thompson's. Dial in a few things, tweak a few things. Let's get Don to bring the Willys out too. Between now and the Gasser Reunion both cars need to be run to find out what bugs have been introduced into the works...and enough time to get rid of them too! We can get a crew together to help with filming the suspensions, a guy at the top of the track to pull plugs and read them, blah blah.....It's time to mash the loud pedal holmes!

PS.... ordered up front and midplates for the Tin Indian. I'm having fun now!

26. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Your correct Curly...I need to do my best to get it out for a shakedown before Thompson!!...Littleman

27. tmacracin

tmacracin

Looks Good Littleman!!!!!!

28. Glen

Glen

Can I get a tire size check on Aisle 12 please.......what size are those? I have been looking and measuring M/T's and Hoosier slicks.

[​IMG]

29. They are 29.5-10.5-15 I believe...Cant go saturday night, promised to go to the Motor Phycos show at the SAC....guess I will just have to run the shit out of it at the Gasser Reunion next weekend....You (Calling out all HAMB) going??????

Don

30. Glen

Glen

Thanks, Im trying to stay above 31" but under 10" wide and the best I found was a hoosier at 30x9x15