Register now to get rid of these ads!

Youtube: Galveston Reliability Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad S., May 19, 2008.

1. Brad S.

Brad S.

Good times.
    Have to go work now but will post more on this later.

From Houston down to Surfside and then across the island.

2. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Awesome Video. F'n Rocks!

3. Dig the video, Thanks for sharing. Who's the Band? Frank

4. KICKASS looked like a damn good time!!!! We should be makin it out there a couple of times this summer for the monthly ritual :)

will

5. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

Hell Ya! Cool video, looks like it was fun trip.

6. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Thanks Brad..lets do it again

7. Good video Brad.

8. BBobb

BBobb

Very....cooooooooooooooool!!!!!!

9. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

BAD ASS!!!!!!!!! Loved the video and music. Who is the band? When is the next run?

10. Suicide-D

Suicide-D
    from Texas

11. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

holy shit,...that video rocks.

great job!!!

12. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

OMG that video rocks! DAMN Brad you got some edit skills. I love the double time speed of the trip. WOW!

3:09 my lil fishtail
    3:29 drifting the rear in the sand (Damn you did a good job catching that!)

I actually never realized how low that thing is when I drive it. Surprised I dont drag more.

13. houtex63

houtex63
    from houston

badass video...

14. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

Cool vid of what looked like good times, sorry I missed it. Brad I need ta git you to help me edit all my Texas Mile vids.

The band is Clutch for everybody asking.

15. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Brad may be the next Steven Spielberg

16. damn that roadster rides smooth....great video!!!

17. Von Franco

Von Franco

Great vidieo and it looks like a great time was had by all.Gonna try to make thart one next time........................

18. 65 impala

65 impala

looks like a gas

19. Brad S.

Brad S.

Man you guys know how to inflate an ego. All I did was post a map. :D

We've been discussing this trip for a while. I'm glad it went as well as it did. Thank heavens Bryan could step in with the save when Louie had to work. We owe him big time.

Lucky Strike and Jabber deserve credit for a lot of this since they got the ball rolling with our once a month meets. Houston has a large Hot Rod community and I would certainly like to see more annual events here for this hobby. I know somebody had said we could do this twice a year, once in the spring and once again in the fall. We can talk about that later. I'm up for a separate run or two actually.

Changes to next time? We should setup a more defined break area near the Hammerhead. I know the owner wanted to participate somehow but I neglected to call him when we changed dates.

Woody's is definately on the stop list now. It was the right spot at the right time. Next time I'll try to get some coordination with them as well.

The Strand? Only if we have enough cars to warrant a some parade police or something. A camera car in the back or middle of the pack to catch the people and cars would be cool. I kept hearing the "oooos" and "ahhhhsss" but I couldn't see anything and couldn't figure out where to stop to film it. I would actually like to see a car show on or near the Strand at some point.

The dash camera is a very inexpensive Flip Video Ultra at $169 when I got it. It's my sons and I've been asked to go buy my own. :D
    You get 640 x 480 only and more than decent resolution. Of my expensive HDD/DVD camera and the Flip you can tell which one I used more.

The band is Clutch as Kool Kat pointed out. Songs were "The Devil & Me" and "Electric Worry". This is not their typical music by the way so if you pick up anythig other than the "From Beale Street to Oblivion" you may be disappointed. Of course...you may dig it...search out "Burning Beard" on youtube.

I appreciate the positive feedback on the trip and the video. Much appreciated. If you double click on the video you can also find the link to the High Definition version right below the "View" counter.

Thanks guys.

20. It should be better next time when the bait camp is open, no TABC beer restrictions, we can roam around the parking lot and look at the cars intead of passing oil tankers. Not that I don't like oil tankers. There was also some decent looking tail that stopped to gawk at the cars and leave, without coming into the bar. As such, they missed an opportunity to hook up with me, poor girls.

21. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Richard did any one take you up on chili dogs and your hide-a-bed??

22. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Agree, there was a solid pile of people in the BAJA parking lot looking and taking pics. But we were all out back starving and sucking crawdaddy heads.

23. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

UMMMM....dem som big ole mud bugs!! Ow bout dat drivin in da sand? Great job on the video.

24. customcory

customcory

I watched this thing at lunch and thought about it all day. It made me want to go to the coast! Neat video!:D

25. EL Diablo Blanco

EL Diablo Blanco

Sweet ass video.... We need to do it again sooner than later

26. Maybe next time.:(

27. HOLY shit chili dogs and hide a bed?? WTF? are you doing now Richard????? It was good to see your crazy ass at the round up. We will be up there a few times this summer I hope I get to hang out with you guys again..

Will

28. xtralow 60

xtralow 60
    from houston

You guys suck ! I had to miss this one. I hope everyone can get together and do it again. Im not missing the next one.

29. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

And then we cant talk about ya, damn. Dave you were missed and yeah we talked about ya, but it was good stuff according to richard.......

30. hotrodtodd

hotrodtodd
    Member Emeritus
    from Houston

Brad you are the man, Great video. I don't know about you guys but a trip up north would be fun as well. I try to drive the beast 3-4 times a week, if anyone is up for a trip lets go. Some of you may know that there is a pretty fun cruise night car show every Saturday at Spring Cypress and Champians forest. There is usally between 200 and 400 cars. Well keep us in mind if your out.

Todd
    281-850-9485