Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whitewalls out..a change due

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOWLIDX50, May 19, 2008.

1. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

My car has looked the same on the outside since it was painted back in '96 with the exception of fender skirt removal.(they wont fit since the chassis swap in ,02). So Sunday I ground my BFGoodriches whitewalls and turned them out. I like the results and have more changes in mind, like flaking the painted portion of the side trim and possibly flaking the roof or a new grill treatment. Whada you think change is good? Lowlidx50

[​IMG]

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

That setup looks good on that car. 1964 is pushing it alittle with wide whites but I think it looks great.

3. belair

belair

Looks good. REAL good.

4. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

here is one from the past.

[​IMG]

5. The BIG cars of the early sixties can support the look of wide whites I like the look ya got goin` on there

6. Old Gold

Old Gold

Looks real nice with the whites. Looks even better when it had the skirts. Make em' fit again.

7. belair

belair

WOW!!

8. ChrisMejia

ChrisMejia

I personally like the whites better.

9. 65 impala

65 impala

skirts look good

10. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Skinny whites, double pinners, or gold lines. NIce ride...

11. AstroMonkey

AstroMonkey

I like it better without the skirts.

What did you use when you "ground" the whites? I've played around with this a little but it can be a messy pain.

12. The WWW are a nice change...I would like to see the front bumper back to chrome...

I like the purple...would look even better with a flake roof, maybe some subtle accents (scallops?) in the same color...

BRT

13. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

I don't like the skirts. Makes the car unbalanced or something. Looks cool as is.

14. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Looks good in the new setup.

15. THE ONE

THE ONE
    from PHOENIX AZ

I really like the new look with the wide whites, and without the skirts. Bitchin ride.

16. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Looks killer man! What kind of Goodrich? Radial T/A? I always thought those would cut up nice, any close ups?

And yeah no skirts. That car went from 80s to bitchin IMO with that one simple thing.

17. MOCO559

MOCO559

sick ride man!! love it! it seems like your after a 60's look, chrome wheels would really fit your style, keep the wide whites. I got a 62 bel air and just added some bellflowers, it really brought it out and have been getting a lot of compliments. something to ponder....

18. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

wide whites always look good in my opinion,,,,
    i never liked skinny whites,,even on a 60 style car,,just a personal thing i guess,,,
    if i had a car back in the 60s,,i still would have run wide whites,,i wouldnt have cared what the trend was,,,,your car looks great,,the flake idea sounds great too...

19. WrazedWrong

WrazedWrong

Thats nice I like the wide whites

20. dannyego

dannyego

looks great! Im a fan of skirts but not on this car. Definately keep the wide whites!

21. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

I sat her out front today took a lot of hard looks and pics ......and why did I wait so long to do this, I love it ,the white walls are gona stay. I also ordered up some deep purple flake today,definatley going to flake the side molding recess...possibly the roof later this summer....the skirts are not a big concern right now,dont want to hide the whites.......The tires are BFGoodrich Excintia all season:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

22. weez

weez

How bout polished wheels and chrome front bumper? I don't like skirts on later customs. As-cast finish 5 spokes are more comp than custom. Nice car overall.

23. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

The wide whites work well on that car .

24. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

I think it needs unchopped, a straight axle up front, a 66 ford truck grill, and a blown 4.3 V6 chevy, with a 6 spd. and strip it to bare metal, and spray it with WD40. LOL :)