Register now to get rid of these ads!

Indiana Convoy to the Rust Revival 08!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lindross, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Ok, so nothing set in stone yet as we're still checking to see if our scheduling is going to allow us to go BUT, we're sitting about 90% sure that we can make this. I really just want to know who all from the Indy or surrounding area is planning on going or who would like to get together and make the drive up. I think me, my wife and son are planning on it and would leave out Friday late morning, early afternoon (May 30th). I always feel better making trips like this in a group just to plan for the unexpected. I can build and wire from bumper to bumper, but that don't make me a mechanic. :eek::D

So, let's hear it!

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

LOVE to travel with you, your a hoot BUT heading to Indy first for me is way outta the way. I'll be leaving Detroit about 9am on Friday. It's about 525 miles for me, about 9 hours with stops and I'd like to make it there early evening as to not miss any of the "Hold my beer and watch this" action.:D

I'll see you there. Regarding your PM, I've got my confirmation number for a motel there but neglected to write down which motel. I'll PM you as soon as I make a few phone calls.:rolleyes:

3. Plowboy

Plowboy

I may jump on in if I am off of work. I think you have to go right by my place on I-72 to get there.

4. Totally understand that! Yeah, you'll have to let me know where your stayin. We were plannin Keokuk but have made not definitive plans. You and Megan would love my wife. She's a lot of fun, we just never get free to travel together that often.

Rock on. We were plannin on taking 74 thru Champaign and hopping onto 136 the rest of the scenic way. Also knocks off about 50-60 miles of the trip. :cool:

5. Alright tis official now. We're going to the Rust Revival. Got 2 rooms reserved, one for me and the Mrs and another for our buddy Mike that's planning on going. We're staying at the Super 8 in Keokuk, IA so get your rooms if you're planning on going. I'm not made of money ya know. :D

We'll post up meeting times and such as we get closer but we will be heading out Friday, May 30th at some point in the day. Late morning I'm guessing.

6. BTT.

Time is gettin closer. We'll be gathering Friday May 30th at Bubba's at a decent hour in the morning and making a nice relaxed drive over to the show. We'll figure out a time as we get a bit closer but if you're wanting to go with us you better snag ya a room and hop along the Bubba's convoy.

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If I drove down to Indy on Thursday night can I sleep at your place or Bubba's that night then head out with you guys in the morning?:D

8. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Ever spent the night in a tear drop trailer, ??
    I can make that happen..
    Bubbas trailer park.... br549-trailer

9. LEECOUNTYRODS

LEECOUNTYRODS
    from Dixon, IL

What route is everyone going?

10. Looking at Mr. Google, looks like we'll take 74 out of Indy thru Champaign hopefully picking up Plowboy somewhere along the way and hitting 136 the rest of the scenic way into Keokuk for the night. :)

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No I haven't but it sounds like FUN! Count me in please:D

12. msuguydon

msuguydon

Would you let a guy with a shiny 58 join the caravan?

13. BinderRod

BinderRod

I bet you could hit some mud holes along the way.

14. LEECOUNTYRODS

LEECOUNTYRODS
    from Dixon, IL

I will decide last minute and wondered if I could at least use someones shower on the trip? Heck I would sleep in my ride, or pitch a tent!!!

15. LEECOUNTYRODS

LEECOUNTYRODS
    from Dixon, IL

I could catch all of you in Macomb.

16. Sounds good. We'll hook up as we get our times ironed out the event gets a bit closer. :cool:

17. Only if you throw some mud on it first. :p:D We'll be heading out 74 so you're more than welcome to join along. :cool:

18. 38pickup

38pickup

I'll see you all in keokuk :D ....

19. BTT. Getting closer. :)

20. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

tudor jeff lives in macomb....maybe you could follow him and his trailer to see it parts come off his sedan!!! the slackass! :)

21. Trailer?! What are these evil words you speak of? :D

22. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

jeff thought it was more important to go to texas to visit his and his wifes familys for 2 weeks...ohh can catch the roundup while he was at it! for shame! ;) a kropduster spendin time with family and goin to other shows????thats just crazy talk!!!! lol

23. Two weeks!! Meet at Bubba's at 9:00AM and we'll hit the road around 9:30ish. After looking at the map I believe we're going to do 136 the whole trip. Looks like a really fun route to take.

24. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Just to help out the poor, Bubbas will be open for Indy "Long's Bakery Donuts,coffee and juice " Diner will open at 7:30, come on by..just think we can now have a sign that says Denise slept here.........;)

:D

25. Yup, she (as well as Megan) needs to sign Bubba's world famous pin up calendar in the rest room too. :cool:;)

26. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Keep your eyes peeled once you get west of Macomb heading to Wayland. There's some interesting tin along the side of the road and I'm not talking about the parts that are gonna fly off my sedan. hehe. -Jeff

27. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

It's almost time, is the caravan still a go? Is the campground open?:rolleyes::D

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

GREAT! I've been meaning to ask, is it ok if Megan and I bring our sleeping bags and crash on the shop floor Thursday night? We won't be any trouble, just lock us in Thursday night and let us out Friday morning.....you do have a potty inside right? We promise your moonpies and spam will be there in the morning.:D

Us girls gotta save money somehow;)

29. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Glad to have ya both!
    WOW the most famous hamb girls ever....staying at Bubbas..:D
    See pm for more options...

30. Wow, Longs Doughnuts tomorrow morning! We'll be getting there around 9:00AM and hope there are some left. Looking forward to hanging out with our buds Denise and Megan to hear about how there night at Bubba's was. We'll plan on heading out between 9:30-10:00 for Wayland. Looks like we might have our Swiss compadre Timmy (eagletucky) almost talked into going with us too. See yall tomorrow morning!