Register now to get rid of these ads!

50's/60's International pickups anyone brave enough to build one ?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Big Dad, May 15, 2008.

1. Big Dad

Big Dad

My gramps drove nothing but International pickups ..

Anyone ever built one, is there a website dedicated to them ?
    I know there was one that was real slick about 1965 gold/white and lots of chrome .

Show me whats out there .. Thanks !

Wurger likes this.
  2. chaddilac

chaddilac

someone on here has a 62 or so travel all... I did a photochop on it.

I've always thought a early 70s ihc pickup would look good with the bed shortened and lowered.

3. i am working on a 57 a-120 for a customer,check out ol ihc.org?(or .com) its not so easy getting parts for them,pm me with any qeustions, i have done a lot of homework on ihcs during this project

4. Big Dad

Big Dad

website's no good

5. Abomination

Abomination

Here's some boards:

http://www.binderbulletin.org/

http://www.oldihc.org/

These guys are about the end-all, be-all.

~Jason

6. Terraizer

Terraizer

The web page is www.oldihc.org. I have a 1954 R-100, 1955 S-100 and a 1966 Travelall Panel that are future projects after my 1935 C-1, 1936 C-1, 1937 D-15 and 1942 K-2 are finished.

7. olskool_37

olskool_37
    from Michigan

Here is mine I built a year ago. It is a 1951 IHC. Flipped front axle with dearched springs and a flipped rear end with homemade lowering blocks. It has a SBC with a tunnel ram and 2 rochester 4GCs on it. It ran a two speed power glide and the stock interior. It had the sweet hood that opened from both sides or you could unlatch both sides and take it right off. All in all a pretty cool truck.[​IMG]

exterminator likes this.
  8. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Kinda strange this thread would pop up. I haven't been on here in a long time and I just got back from a buddy of mine's garage. We're gettin ready to hop up a 51 international. Droppin a 360 mopar in it. I can keep the progress posted when there is some to post.

Anybody know where I could get 51 grill?

9. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Damn! this is pretty much what we're building

10. BadLuck

BadLuck

"Loco Louie" here on the HAMB is building one right now....

11. olskool_37

olskool_37
    from Michigan

Thanks, I found it in a field, pulled it home, it ran and drove when I got it. I touched up the brakes, changed the drivetrain and through some paint on it and drove the hell out of it. Then I got broke and sold it, some guy in wisconsin got it. So if you have seen it or heard of it let me know wouldn't mind seein the old girl again.

12. Big Dad

Big Dad

Yep, grandpa had one like that ..then a 60 ish one that had those
    upright oval lights ..I like em

Hope more pictures get posted !

13. towaholic

towaholic
    from Rogers, mn

I have a 54 I am working on. Although I stole the 350\350 out of it last week for a roadster project.

Mines clipped with a s-10 front and I used a 4X4 s-10 rear on the original leaves in the back with a c-notch.

I was going to get the front clip on it this weekend and see if I could sell it.

14. Fingers

Fingers

I have a '59 or '60 (not sure) AA110 (same as a B110) step side.
    I plan on warming up the original 240 cube 6 or maybe swapping in a 282, with twin carbs and split headers.

15. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

Man I love old international trucks. My dad had a mid 60's one when I was growing up. He picked it up at a swap meet for 300 bucks. We drove that thing back and forth from AZ to Fla so many times. Would love to get a hold of one.

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

One day we'll get around to painting it....

[​IMG]

17. R Pope

R Pope

My brother had a red '52, we stuffed a 354 Firepower in it. Wild!

18. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

hell yes! heres my '50 L110, now undergoing total drivetrain replacement, A arm front end w/disc brakes, 350/350 eng and trans, 12 bolt posi rear w/ disc brakes. could'nt drive it stock anymore, was just a POS, all shakey and wobbley, fuck that, want it to be a DD. i plan on drivin' the shit out of it when she's done!
    [​IMG]

19. Hey Guys, those are some really cool trucks.
    Let's see some more.

Cooter

20. Big Dad

Big Dad

That looks awesome .. good job !!

zman, I love that year range .. what year is that ?

I searched the topic before this, I did not really see anythng on them
    which,suprised me ..

MORE PHOTOS!!!

please ?

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

it's a '60... more photos ... it's been sitting waiting for paint for a while now... it's funny how life gets in the way of finishing things...

22. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I like the old binders too. This one is sitting at my dad's place...I keep thinking I should do something with it.

Bill

Attached Files:

23. Flea

Flea

I've got a 57 s-120 and my father in-law has a couple of 54's, both are flatbeds. I think they are pretty cool for being old farm trucks.

24. Big Dad

Big Dad

My neighbor as a kid (Lived on a farm)
    Had a double throw down super spit shine gold/white one

I seem to remember something about golden jubilee or something
    More than like he still has it , he babied even then and he is still alive and collects IH tractors

Hey, how come ol' Brandy has not snuck in here and gave us some facts yet ..Shes a red lover

25. not so hotrod

not so hotrod
    from MA

Got a 53 r130 that i shortened to 1/2 ton length and reduced leafs all around. Should be done soon.

26. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Mine from 15 years or so ago. Was pretty neat, pulled leaves out 'til it sat right, then we put in a 350/350. Sad, but I forgot if it was a '55 or 6, single back glass, not the 2 piece. Anyway, this is, by far, the most substantial truck I have ever seen or owned. When I bought it, it had concrete encrusted Reebok foot prints over all the top surfaces, it was being used as scaffolding for a house addition. Straight body, no dents anywhere, steel bed floor. I remember the 6 had a glass bowl Holley. Drove nice, not so much around hard corners though, as the headers drug on the tie rod! haha

[​IMG]

27. Here's my '56....currently stock, but in the process of an "altitude adjustment" and rear end swap for more highway friendly speeds...

These trucks are built like tanks and very simple to work on.

[​IMG]

Damn...my neck hurts lookin' at that...gotta get some better pics this weekend....

28. I'm building a '56 short box, mounted on an S-10 chassis, (I know, that's not too popular with some people around here) the original frame and steering was badly butchered by someone trying to install a small block. I don't have any pics on my work computer but i'll try and post some tonight when I get home.

Darren

29. Cornbiner Josh

Cornbiner Josh
    from TN

Here is my '47. Drive it every day.

yellow truck 009.jpg

exterminator likes this.
  30. Big Dad

Big Dad

Those 47's have nice lines too ..should be more popular really ?

But, I really like that 60 era ,,Didn't SKYKING or someone have one on a tv show in the early 60's ?