Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rambler gasser??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54chevy4door, Apr 13, 2008.

1. 54chevy4door

54chevy4door

my dads buddy has a 1962 rambler american and i was thinkin it would be a sweet gasser project. Wondering if any body can do a photoshop for me. No radius wheelwells just some average sized slicks on the back and im open to ideas for the front. Any help is appreciated! thanks

[​IMG]

2. autoartistry

autoartistry

I own one of these also.Been thinking about a drop and chop.Maybe using a 383 or 440 mopar engine and a major overhaul of interior.Seen a few of these done and looked pretty cool considering how ugly they are in stock form.
    Mike

3. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

You have to make that into a Gasser, it would be great. That car will look great with a straight axle. it looks light any idea on the weight? Keep me us posted on this.

Jon

4. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Thats a cool little car.
    Where in Ont are you from?

Norton

5. Heh heh...I've got a little 'sperience with those bombs. Behold!

Attached Files:

6. Hey...I was cleaning out my junk today and came across a '60s American grille with a few teeth knocked out. Would make a great one to mount a Moon tank in. I was planning to toss it out tomorrow [got it loaded up in my van to toss] and would be happy to ship it to you for shipping costs if you want it. It's already boxed up.

7. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I always thought it would be kool to do one of these into a gasser style car. SO I say do it or sell it to me. lol

8. 62rambler

62rambler
    from indiana

I think a gasser would fit these little cars well. They don't look bad hammered either. My little V6 '62 runs great.

[​IMG]

blowby likes this.
  9. Here

Attached Files:

10. Ruiner

Ruiner

If it's a unit-body car I wouldn't bother trying to do a drag car out of it without subframe connectors and a 'cage...faux gassers are lame...

11. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Rocky, I really like that "Ramblero" pic. It really looks balanced. That poor little pathetic roof line on the stocker definitely needs help.

12. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Sleeper would be cooler than a faux gasser. Killer drivetrain, stock hubcaps, quiet mufflers. The opponents would never suspect a thing until it was too late.

13. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

[​IMG]

That's a prospector holding a gold nugget on the back quarter. I'm partial to gold gassers.

[​IMG]

14. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Altered wheel base!

15. 54chevy4door

54chevy4door

The cars weigh in just over 2500 pounds. Iv got a a pile of parts for the car from my 54 which is at a stand still right now and my dads workin on sellin his car so when he does we will most likely pick this up as a kinda cheap father son project. I love the gold nugget hahaha. Thanks for all the help, and im from guelph ont. 27kid

16. juhap

juhap
    from Finland

Rambler Gasser?

Oh, yeah... Here is one. My American Gasser project. Unfortunately it is a sleeping one. :(

[​IMG]

17. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Great looking little car.....DO IT!!!!!!!:D

18. Dick...after witnessing Kenny's 58 chevy "elCamino" he crafted from a 4 door wagon, I saw the little American was a natural. The c-pillar and back glass are perfect for an "ElCachero" rambler project. I'd really like to do this some day...maybe I should get my red American back from Fatasswhitewalls and make my photoshop work a reality.

Attached Files:

19. Dirty2

Dirty2

Do you have more pictures of this ?

20. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yeah, more pics!!! wow!!!!

21. in 73 I installed 425 Buick in 64 Rambler American the car was faster than a Scrambler.
    A friend had a blown 401 Scrambler that was really fast, nice light cars

22. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

What motor do you plan on using? The stance looks perfect.

-Lee
    Atomic Radio
    www.atomicpinup.com

23. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

Might want to speak with Bobby Ince of Ince's scrap yard in Kewanee, IL.

He had a vintage rambler gasser he raced ~15 years ago as a 14 year old, if I recall correctly it was a staright axle car.

The car was retired, I spoke to Bobby about a month ago, he said the car is still sitting at his place.

24. Wow. Such potential...

Build up a sweet 401... I wonder if a straight axle outta a mail jeep would fit... keep it all AMC...

I wish I had more cash, and time.

Jay

25. Algon

Algon

There was a local one for sale in Wadsworth Ohio, that looked like the top picture even the same color. It was a street racer with a glass hood with a teardrop scoop on it, radius rear wells, slots with slicks, big engine set back, running a tunnel ram 327 and a M22. Cool car built in the late 60's-early 70's.

26. juhap

juhap
    from Finland

Have not been here for some months now... sorry...

There is a chromed straight axle with Volvo Duett leafs! Frame is made of 2"x3", with some Rambler details.

Here is the motor for my Gasser Ramb. An AMC 360 with (dummy?) blower and injection...

[​IMG]

You noticed that clutch in that pic... now it´s gonna be a (jeep) th400 automatic tranny.

27. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Here is a Rambler Gasser I saw at the Ohio Valley Street Survivors car show at Ogelbay Park Wheeling, WV yesterday (Friday the 22nd Aug.).:cool:

Attached Files:

28. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    Hemi powered

RRanchero Rick likes this.
  29. racer604

racer604

[​IMG] 66 Rambler American

30. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

'64 American

BTW the white in process American is really neat!!! Are you going the gasser route or the AFX route??? Either way me likey!!! I always thought I might go AFX on mine.

Attached Files: