Register now to get rid of these ads!

MidAmerica Nats Springfield, Mo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toms37gmc, May 14, 2008.

1. toms37gmc

toms37gmc

Making my first trip from Minnesota to the MidAm Nats in Springfield Mo. next week. Any other Hambers going to be there? Is there any plan for a meet-and-greet?
    Also any advice as far as getting in and out of the event, tips on places to eat, places to visit, travel advice (roads, detours) etc.
    I'll be staying at the Krystal Aire on the north end of Glenstone Ave.

2. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

BBQ at Buckinghams by Bass Pro or the good and true Crosstown Barbecue at 1331 E Division....love that place.

3. Actually there is a Buckinghams next to the host hotel. Bass Pro Shops also has a good retaurant. Lamberts in Ozark is also good but there is always a long wait. Access to the show grounds is always on the north side of the fair grounds. Most of the motels are on Glenstone ave- go north on Glenstone to Norton road and go west to Grant street, turn right and go around the fairgrounds.

4. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

Crosstown can't be beat.

5. phat rat

phat rat

I'll second the recommdation of Lamberts. It's a neat place with great food.

6. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

I'll be there somewhere!

7. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

I'll be there.

8. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

We will be there. Last year ate at "Springfield Brewing Co" was very good. Mexican food at "Tres Amigos" is very good also. Steak and Ale there is as good as it gets for steak.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Like I told the kid,"Your music not too loud it just sucks!"

9. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I will be there with the red 32 roadster. It will probably be parked with my brother (MO JUNK). His truck is easier to notice now. It says, "Junk Brothers Auto Electric" on the doors.

John

10. turdytoo

turdytoo

I'll be there, but when and where on the meet and greet?

11. Wildfire

Wildfire

Planning on it for Saturday.

12. BinderRod

BinderRod

I have to agree with Crosstown BBQ. There is also a cool Brazillian place to eat at the intersection of Battlefield and Hwy 65 south. They give you a hald red and green block of wood. There are about 10 servers circleing the tables with all kinds of food on skewers. When you want more food turn the block green side up. When you are coasting turn the red side up and they skip your table. The price is 20.00 for all you can eat. A real neat place! And my fav Mexican joint is Mexican Villa on National.

If you need a speed shop while your there there are 2 of them in Nixa. Nixa is on Hwy 160 heading south out Campbell. Campbell is the street that Bass Pro is on.

If you get lucky enough you could hit a shop in Nixa where they build all the props that go in all the Bass Pro shops.

13. MILNR

MILNR

I'll be there with the AG coupe clone...just got it finished. Going down Friday am from KC. There is typically cruisin on Fri and Sat night on Glenstone also....I'll plan to do that as well. Hope to see you all there and hope the weather is decent!

14. TexasDart

TexasDart

Hmmm....I'll be at the Lake of the Ozarks on Friday...where is this meet? May need to do a slight detour.

15. 41woodie

41woodie

I'll be there with some of the guys from Tulsa

Attached Files:

16. atch

atch

springfield, missouri

from the kansas expressway exit (exit 77) on I-44 go one block north & about a half mile east. that'll put you along the south edge of the fairgrounds and where (i assume) that spectators can enter.

if you're in your hot rod registration is at the corner of glenstone & kearney; about a mile south of I-44 on glenstone (exit 80).

17. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

I'm taking off from Wisconsin on Thurs. I never been there before but i will be showing up in the Sin Wag'n.

[​IMG]

18. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

I will be there fri-sun, look for a rust covered 37 willys with a blower peaking through the hood, that will be me, hard to miss.

19. atch

atch

if ya see clarence (the white ford panel truck in my avitar) stop me and say hi...

20. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Or a black and rusty '48 Dodge sedan.

21. visor

visor
    Member Emeritus
    from Missouri

Boy you guys are up early!
    Hey Atch....
    Hey Ben, did ya get-r-wired?
    We will be parked up on the hill in the trees by the swamp meet.
    Come by and say hi. That means you to Rick in the piss yellow Deuce coupe.
    Mike
    ---------------------------------------
    Opossum Benders
    Missouri

22. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Going to get the last batch of parts right now and should have fire (or at least smoke) this afternoon.

23. 37 BILL

37 BILL
    from Bristol CT

I will be there....stop by the Borgeson Booth and say hi...

24. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

I grew up in Springfield. We used to cruise Kearney, right on Kansas, right on Norton (past the fargrounds) and right on Glenstone. Last I was over there they were cracking down on cruising because of the squirrelly ricers, but I have a feeling that traditional rods will be very welcome. What is the schedule? We won't have a car there, 2007 Focus, but I bet my wife would enjoy it. There is an Old Steak and Shake we gathered rods at when I was a kid, on the corner of S. National and St Louis street. My dad and uncle and all kinds off hooligans used to gather there, all kinds of rods around in those days.

Back in the '70's The Kearney circuit was really hot. We used to park in the Consumers market parking lot across from McDonalds and A&W and sit on the concrete wall and watch the cars go by.

Memories.

25. Home of the thrown rolls, the one near Sikeston has a nice mural of a chopped merc up on the wall. This place is good eaten with food brought to your table served right out of the pot, you will not be hungry when you leave there.

26. 55chevyfreak

55chevyfreak
    from SWMissouri

Just to let u guys know, MoSpeed in Nixa has closed. They got too far in debt is the story.....anyway, there is another shop around the corner from them called AutoPros. They are good guys. Their number is 4177259203 if anyone needs them. I'll be there at the show. Hope to get to meet a few of you guys. My 55 is in the shop. I'm job less right now so no $$$ to work on it ......sucks. Anyway just let'n ya all know.

27. gonmad

gonmad

Lamberts is good, just a long wait. But it is 2 miles from my house! Bass Pro is always good for visitors. There is quite a few good resteraunts downtown by the square now. Several to choose from. And it is safe for you and your car, unlike some downtowns! Crosstown BBQ is good. Hedden's automotive is a good old time shop if you need parts on the north side (just S of Kearney). If you want a good steak, there is Doe's Place on Trafficway and National, which is not cheap, but has about the best steak I have ever had, and you DON'T go away hungry, or have to dress up, it is a hole in the wall style place, but franchised off the original one in Greenville, MS. Hmmm, what else!??! A nice dragstrip East of Rogersville if you please too! Lots of roundy round dirt races around on the weekends too.
    I will prolly be lurking around in the Wagon some that weekend!

28. A Boner

A Boner

Mike, I like the black tires and wheels! :)
    -Dennis

29. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

Thanks Dennis i was ready for a new look and ride on the car.

30. weeds

weeds

we will be there thursday around the swap meet ..