Register now to get rid of these ads!

Houston HAMB - Galveston Reliability Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad S., May 4, 2008.

1. eliguzman

eliguzman

Since it is saturday and the wife works on saturdays i will probably bring my 6 yr old with me and leave the 1 1/2 yr old at the inlaws. Hell thats why i put seatbelts in the fairlane to begin with.

2. Brad S.

Brad S.

Bumping this back up.

Next Satuday.

3. 63_nova_ss

63_nova_ss

looks like lots of fun... all planned out.

damnit i cant wait till my car is on the road! hopefully next month i can make it out to meet up with you guys. chomping at the bit.

4. If anyone gets "Beered Out" or just wants to avoid a 50 mile late night drive home, I have a hide-a-bed and plenty of floor space, so bring a sleeping bag.

5. Brad S.

Brad S.

Have you talked to Louie or Bryan? I know they've been busy but I was hoping one of them could set up the band and mudbugs.

6. jleavesl

jleavesl
    from Houston

It runs... I'm definately there. (It really has more to do with the mudbugs... I'll push the damned car to Galveston for crawfish).

John

7. He's checking on it as we speak.

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

9. rev. munster

rev. munster
    from houston,tx

im down all i gotta do is tune the carb, bleed the brakes, mount the rims and tires (as soon as they come in from coker), mount the headers get the exhuast done fill the tank and im there .
    oh and wire the cooling fan

10. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Any updates????

11. I just spoke with Louie; they sell most brands of beer, but we need a head count if anyone wants Lone Star. Also, how many want crawfish, so he knows how much to get.

12. EL Diablo Blanco

EL Diablo Blanco

Count me in for the crawfish

13. jleavesl

jleavesl
    from Houston

Count me in for crawfish too.

14. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Ditto for crawfish

15. Brad S.

Brad S.

I'm sure we'll have more than 20 people but they need to chime in if that's the case.

16. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Crawfish and Lone Star here!

17. Brad S.

Brad S.

Alrighty then.

I have my Houston group list somewhere. I'll send out the PM invites tonight so we can try and get a head count.

18. BBobb

BBobb

Brad give me a call i got a real good hookup on the bugs.This is perfect timing,He owes me a favor and i just got off the phone with him.He said he could reserve me about a 100 lbs for the run and more depending on the final head count.Keep in mind that the cut off point is this wendsday

bryan
    832-309-0647

19. bigDrew

bigDrew

I'm in for the crawfish.

20. eliguzman

eliguzman

crawfish...fo sho!!!!

21. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Who is going to cook them MUD BUGS??

22. Most likely I will be in Galveston waiting on you guys. I will need some help cooking the crawfish, Louie has to work.

23. Louie finally spoke with the bait camp, he won't have his license back until next month, so cooking crawfish there is out. He wants to have a big bash with a band, fish fry, shrimp, etc. next month, we can do another run then. The Baja Club has great burgers, and there is a ton of parking(it's pretty much isolated except the bar and the bait camp), so we can pretty much carry on like we do at the Dark Horse, but with fewer transients(no Bumfights). Maybe someone can put a crawfish pot in the back of a truck and cook bugs anyway? So I guess everything else can go as planned.

24. bigec

bigec

sounds like a sweet ride im down!

25. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

26. BBobb

BBobb

i will cook them with a little help of coarse.I can cook a bug that will make your toe's wiggle lolol

27. BBobb

BBobb

I talked with Brad early today. Look's like i am going to run down in the morning and find a mudbug,beer drinking,very kid friendly place to hang out and play in the water while those hot radiators cool off

28. skyrodder

skyrodder

I'd love to make it, but working for at&t i have to work every saturday... it sux.. you guys have fun....

29. Brad S.

Brad S.

Alright..

Bryan has the crawdads and is heading to Galveston tomorrow to talk to the Baja Bar & Grill across from the Bait Camp. If you remember one of my earlier threads, its where Shaun and I hung out on the test run and stared at breastusus....boats and water and beach people....all afternoon. Very nice place and we still have the same parking area.

He needs a head count for crawfish though...

So far I got these guys on the list:

Me
    Andrew & Date
    Terry
    Bill & Friend
    Fred
    Danny - I think. Will double check.
    Ryan
    Wyatt and Wyatts Dad!
    Drew
    Bryan
    Richard
    Kathy
    Dave

Ok guys I either "just" met or haven't met yet that are going...bad with names here so here we go...

EL Diablo Blanco
    Suicide-D and wife and son possibly.
    RichardW
    eliguzman
    jleavesl
    derangedfcker
    bigec
    HotRodTodd & Wife

I have a few more phone calls to make to see. Now...I'm bring the wife and kids so that's 4 more. If you guys are bringing somebody...please let us know. My kids are 13, 13, and 7 by the way if you need an age comparison.

Tentative on Doc and his wife.

THIRTY ONEso far.

30. cadillac64coupe

cadillac64coupe

man would wish i could get off.... love those bugs... but some one has too save the world...lol i need to make it to a meet soon..