Register now to get rid of these ads!

LowRider Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by No_Respect, May 7, 2008.

1. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

what was the the accessorie lights called that mounted under the dash and changed colors to the music. it was famous bolt on back in the 60's and 70's

2. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

3. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

I still have one, mines called a "musicolor"

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I saw them back in 1970's and are super rare and hard to find . It was a disco light that changed colors with the music from your radio or 8-track . Good luck finding one of those ! Might find one at a disco collectors show ?!?

5. BigChief

BigChief

"Trip" lights. DatDirtyRat here has been watching out for them for quite a while now. Some NOS stuff still in packages when for stupid money on E-Gay not too long ago. If you can find them and they work they're at least worth flipping over for hot rod parts money if your not going to use them in your shagg'n wagg'n.

-Bigchief

6. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

7. BadLuck

BadLuck

At www.truckandcarshop.com in their 1949-1957 catalog, they have a Bowman colorbar,12 volt listed for $133 each.:confused: Has anyone purchased one of these?

8. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I tried to search it and it wouldnt come up. Do you have a pic of it?? I cant believe it would be the same thing were talking about esp for that price....Seriously, They havent been around for years..

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have thought about getting one of these for my 57

10. I remember you could make one in Electrical Shop for extra credit, when I was in High School. We made the boxes in Wood Shop, then put all the guts in them in elec. shop. They actually worked too!!!

11. dlamerton

dlamerton
    from plymouth

V. cool guys! There must be a modern equivalent now surely, but with a retro look.

12. Yeah, I would think with LED technology, it would be easier, take up less space, and make more rainbowy colors :D

13. i got one in my chevy it works alright just needs a better lense. there is also a brand called COLOR BAR that comes in chrome looks really good truck shop carries it aswell

14. carwish

carwish
    from New Mexico

The ones that I built were for the house. They hooked up to both electricty and
    your stero. They were called color organ's. They could be built in 3 to 5 channels,
    each channel controlled a different color. You could by the kits at Radio Shack

15. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston