Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Navy Pickup Sighting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30 Buford, May 10, 2008.

1. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Today at the Great Woods / Tweeter Center swap meet in the Car corral I spotted a former Old Navy early 50s Chevy pickup for sale . It was one of the ones the had on display inside their stores.I saw a thread on them here a while back.The F/S sign stated there are 8 more available. I took a pic of the sign w/my cell phone and I only got the last four digits of the phone #. the meet is held tommorow also, in case anyone is looking for one. There was no price on the sign.

2. chebby

chebby

they've been popping up on ebay a lot recently.

3. Vorhese

Vorhese

From what I've been reading they've been gutted pretty well.

4. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

buyers beware. the market has been flooded with these rolling pieces of crap...

5. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

I'm just curious, what are these going for and what year are they?

6. jimmyv

jimmyv

From what I have seen and heard they have new chrome bumpers and grill which is the best part on them. No drivetrain, lots of bondo.

7. Stizzealth

Stizzealth

Word of mouth (I have no knowledge on the subject) says that the frames have been all hacked to hell and bolted together.

8. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

I saw one leaving the Gateway swap meet in Madison, Ill a few weeks ago. They just painted light blue over the old navy logo. Never saw a price on it though.

9. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

They are so heavily torch cut / butchered along the inside of the chassis..... that you would have to have a hard on for Old Navy to even think of buying one....because there are plenty of good complete Chevy trucks around that are buildable.

10. Stizzealth

Stizzealth

Why the hell did they go through the extra work to butcher them? What changed were made and why?

11. Abomination

Abomination

May be good for an S-10 swap...

12. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Torch cut all the extra weight out so girlie employees could move them around. Torch cut out the engine, trans, etc etc etc

13. Stizzealth

Stizzealth

Wow, that's a really half-ass job- but you're right, the last time I went into an Old Navy the male employees were ALL wearing makeup.

14. this is listed in the local newspaper,,,

1948-1954 CHEVY OLD NAVY clothing store display trucks, no motor or transmissions,good bodies,great for restoration or street rod. MUST SEE!
    $3,200.00 each

call (706)498-2781 or 706-498-3336.

This is all the ad has listed word for word.,,,,HRP

15. john56h

john56h

Might have had to cut them into sections to be able to get them into and out of stores not meant to have vehicles driven around inside. Or, maybe the weight needed to be reduced to meet building codes....floors are designed to handle a certain pounds per square foot.

16. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

My buddy nailheadroadster on the HAMB picked up one for $1000 and it is in pretty good shape. No motor or trans as stated but all the brightwork is new, all glass is good (its a 5 window) and there appears to be very little rust, rot or bondo.