Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lone Star Round Up 2009 !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Jefe, May 9, 2008.

1. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

What you all have been waiting for............the dates for the Round Up in 2009. After looking back at 2008 and trying to iron out any problems we had, one thang that continued to be repeated was the amount of traffic and problems in Austin due to too many activities on the same weekend we had the LSRU. Although I was not directly affected, it really bummed me out that some of you ran into a lot of problems in traffic and at your hotels w/ all the extracurricular activities going on. So we did some checking and moved our original date so we would NOT conflict w/ the Texas Relays, The Urban Music Fest, The Swamp Romp, Easter, and any other big events in Austin. The NEW official dates for The Lone Star Round Up 2009 is April 17-19. And while you are thinking about what your gonna wear next year to the LSRU feast your eyes on some of this action from LSRU 2008 at http://www.lonestarroundup.com/Galleries/2008

2. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Some of my favorites from 2008. Especially like "Weez under Glass". My Merc looks pretty dang good too after a very very long hiatus...........Thanks G Howard. And check the reflective shot of two of Jimmie V's customs. Sweeeeeeet.

Attached Files:

3. Right on, Steve. Now we know it's the best show in Texas.

Great job, man. See you all out there & can only hope to talk with Weesner again. Maybe Jesse, too, along with all of the other great people I finally got to meet this year. Like Denise, Megan, Malcolm, Rusty,Molly, Danny& Danielle Paul, Jim, Skot & all the other kustom lovin', Deuce droolin', wrench turnin', Flathead goosin', rearend tweakin', burnout havin' folks thatI happened to run into over the whole weekend.

Can't wait to see you all again. Thanks again, Steve, for the Round Update.

Dear Lord, I apologize for ramblin' on this thread & for each & every one of them pygmies down in New Guinea...

4. Ornery37

Ornery37
    from Texas

Cool! I can now plan for vacation also. Thanks!

5. Marcy

Marcy

Way cool!

Thanks Steve!

Marcy

6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

7. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Hell you ought to make everbody else change their dates! But thanks for making the best even better.

8. Big Tony

Big Tony

That will be much appreciated... it was a huge hassle, but thats Austin, something is always going on. The RU wouldn't be RU anywhere else. See ya in mid April

9. Anderson

Anderson

Thank you very much Steve and the Kontinentals. This is great news.

10. Rusty

Rusty

Too cool, but I still aint going to OKC street rod nats. ROUNDUP BOUND IN 09

11. jerry

jerry

I can hardly wait!

jerry

12. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

More time to finish shit up too! The only bonus I saw with the relays being the same weekend was the HUGE lack of cops on Congress. They had their hands FULL downtown all weekend, so Congress was kind of an after thought. Other than that, you're right. It was 100% insane downtown, and I had a lot of out of towners asking if Austin was like this every weekend. NO! :eek:

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Booking my flight as I type this! :D

14. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

good deal,
    I will try to get my newest project finished by then....

15. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

See ya there - Thanks, Steve!

Malcolm

16. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

Booked my room today. Nothing like planning ahead!

17. eliguzman

eliguzman

cant wait!!! thanks man!

18. Elrod

Elrod

April 19 is my Birthday!! No better way to spend it!! :D

Seeing this made my day!!

[​IMG]

19. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

What? Traffic problems in Austin.....come on...hell, that's every day isn't it? We'll be there for sure.

20. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Now I can plan on this one now that my truck will be ready for the 09' show...
    Any tips for hotels for us 1st timers???

21. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Made my hotel reservations today! Been X-ing off the days on my big calendar already, looking forward to RoundUp 09!

22. scrape

scrape

thanks sooo much for the date change......

23. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

Right in the middle of everything:
    The Austin
    The San Jose

Walking distance and reasonably priced:
    Homestead Suites on 1st Street

The Austin and the San Jose are always wait-listed, so it's not a bad idea to get a reservation somewhere else and then try back later to get one of those rooms. I believe the Austin doesn't accept reservation for the Roundup until January. You can book the Homestead online now for about $130 a night. I've stayed at the Homestead for the last five years and have no complaints.

24. Hotel reserved and ready. Maybe my truck will actually be done NEXT year!

25. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Glad you worked it out Steve- you were WAYYY bummed out when I talked to you Thursday night on Congress. That relay crap was worse than the hippies and free hugs on Congress. Glad there is a better weekend where things are a little slower like the earlier events. That's the beauty of it.
    Is anyone going to save the BITCHIN' auto motel court on the other end of Congress?

26. Thanks for the early posting....
    Skot

27. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Will be there in April.

28. mayej

mayej
    from Tok, AK

Guys, currently I live in Dallas due to work, but am moving soon to Austin as my fiance has lived there for over 20yrs. If you need any hotel/motel names or restaurant recommendations, just holler.

Jef

29. seatex

seatex

That is great news, Jefe. My hat is off to you and the Kontinentals for making just one more reason Austin is the center of the known universe. It's been great to watch the evolution of this show/event/kruse from the stadium off Lamar to one, if not THE, best events in the whole damn country.
    See 'ya in April!

30. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Cool. Now I have two more weeks to procrastinate on my car :- /

It is true, even if I do live a few miles from Austin, it's the best show in America. And I'd drive three days to get there if I had to. The cars, the music, the ladies - ahhh!

Thanks for thinkin' of the attendees first!