Register now to get rid of these ads!

Getting the Rebel Reaper ready to play!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, May 2, 2008.

1. Have to do a couple updates on the Rebel Reaper to get ready to play this summer....I am replacing the king pins as I had some excessive play in them. I am trying the speedway needle bearing kingpins. Anybody ever use them? I pulled the pan down and check out the bearings etc, the amc is looking like new still. I took out the trans again and had the trans guy (Mike Karis) install a 4 pinion planetary for added strength. While it was out, I sent the convertor back to Turbo Action to have them re-flash the convertor. When I ordered the convertor, I wanted a 5000k stall....when running the car I could not get the engine to rev above 4200. Also, when I got about 50 foot out the car would plant me in the seat. I would think I should not feel the car 'come on' So I am guessing the convertor was part of the problem. After talking to the tech at Turbo Action, he blamed the zoomies for a lack of torque at the bottom. Well, I was not gonna take them off cause I love the sound of the car. So we changed the stall on the convertor. When I called to find out what was happening, the girl said that they were done and gave me the bill....I wanted to know what they did, she said they took the 3800 and made it a 4600. I gave them all the info on the car, so we will see....I really don't care about the et or mph, just like to go out and have a good time. I do, however like the hard launches where the fronts come off the ground. Thanks to Rod and Kulture, I need to do it now, hehhee. I also got some new slicks. I gave the old ones to Curly to aid in his Pontiac gasser build. I may take it out on a wed night to make a couple passes if Littleman gets his truck running. Otherwise, First event of the summer is The Gasser Reunion at Thompson May 30- June1. It is not the same weekend as Billet Proof, so lets see if some of the Detroit folks can come out and play...then it is off to Bowling Green.....Don

[​IMG]

2. cruisinkruty

cruisinkruty

I cant wait ta see ya run again at Thompson...

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

Don's Car Is Spot On.

4. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I am so going to spank the fur right off your back.................he he he...play my ass.....you will be better off playing dead.......should be fun if I get get my buggy done in time.... Littleman

Don your car should do better with the converter change...

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Looking forward to seeing the new and improved Rebel Reaper make some passes this summer Don!

6. Haha, you and your buggy can spank all you want, I am gonna kick your ankle bighter:D

Too bad not many Hambers will bring their cars out to play......Weather permitting, Thompson puts on a great show, and if the rain does f things up, they will give you a partial refund for the next show! Sides if it does rain, you can come and hang out with the Slick Devils and Pistons! We camp right at the track and have a great time!

Don

7. Da Injun

Da Injun

Everytime I have been to Thompson the weather is beyond horrible. I want to see the car run, but will have to wait to see it at Bowling Green.

8. bad ass ride man..

9. Got the trans back in today and tested it out in the drive way.....my neighbors gotta love me:D Anyhow, no problem reving it up to 5000 rpm with the trans brake, so I am looking good for launching harder, or braking the weekest link. Now to put a bumper on the back to see if I can set the car on it!

Don

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hey Don, would you have a better shot of those ladder bars?

11. Rusty

Rusty

I love watching this car run. See you in Kentucky

Rusty

12. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

When this buggy, and the ankle biter go at it; it's gonna be a good show, can't wait. The best part of this is watching Dave talk shit though. It's cute!!! hehe

13. Dirty2

Dirty2

Cant wait to see yall in Bowling green ..

14. mike's last name is spelled KARAS .
    he's greek, not latvian.

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Cool....sorry I am late on the response.