Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown a few weeks out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, Apr 29, 2008.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

The churning nerves in my stomach tells me we are just a few weeks out from the Jalopy Showdown! We are really trying to build the FREE Friday night deal because we get so many people from out of town show up and camp. So stop by Friday any time, from about 5-6 o'clock on we will have a band, some of the vendors will be setting up their swap spots (so swoop on some deals early), the museum will be open, our pal from Jersey shooting 30 foot high flames from his Impala, and this year movies on the infield! Camping is free as always. The only rules are clean up after yourself and shut the hell up after midnight, I dont need to hear the neighbors bitch...I WONT hear the neighbors bitch!!! I'm too old and grumpy to put up with wanna-be rockerbilly drunken B.S. so dont make me toss you out because you thought it would be cool to fire up the car at 3 AM for no reason other than rev it up.
    Curt is STILL doing great art for the show. I send him a sketch and he figures out what the hell it is!! Here is this years poster.
    [​IMG]
    and this years stickers and back of the shirt
    [​IMG]
    I will do a HAMB auction or two once I get all the stuff in.
    Saturday is the usual, track time, BIG swap, metal shaping demos, rocket rides :) museum is open all day, bands, and LOTS of cars. We are going to have to limit the number of cars on the infield this year to 600. Lulabelle, Skate Fink, Big John, and Jr will be working the gate watching to make sure only the "right stuff" gets to the infield. Saturday is still $10 a person, under 16 free. NO PETS! and profit goes to the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing...be sure to actually GO to the museum while you are here! It is the reason for the show!! We will be there rain or shine, dont be a sissy if it rains, you WILL have fun no matter how wet it is!! If you asked me to help, find me at the show, we'll find something for you to do. See everyone on the 16th and 17th.

2. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

My stomach is thinking to.....is that Burrito guy gonna be there?

3. I've got the front end chopped up on the Buick. Hope I can get it somewhat done. Either way, I wouldn't miss this Larry... unless I was covered in dirt. lol, Frank

4. scarylarry

scarylarry

he-he nope

5. AstroMonkey

AstroMonkey

I can't wait. I think I'm planning to come out Friday and camp this year.

6. Plowboy

Plowboy

We are wayyy far behind in the field these days.....I probably won't make it, as usual.

7. i am so pissed i have to work!!

8. scarylarry

scarylarry

Come on, work is so overrated! We've had a couple guys dump weddings to show up...right Skate Fink? :)

9. AstroMonkey

AstroMonkey

That sucks man. The Showdown is probably my favorite show of the year.

10. AstroMonkey

AstroMonkey

A buddy of mine actually quit his job one year to make our BBQ/Car Show.

11. i would have no problem dumping a wedding for the showdown

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

God... I so wish I could go to this show just once.

13. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Larry...you want me to bring the louver press?

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We'll be there on Friday with bells on!

15. Tony

Tony

Bells? Where? ahh, nevermind :D:D

16. scarylarry

scarylarry

You're an independent type, pack up the brood and go for a ride! We'd love to have ya!

17. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Gonna try...
    Work might screw me up for this 'un...

18. will be there vending
    hope i have an easier time findin it this year
    THE place to be!

19. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I'll be there Friday sometime. I'm really looking forward to seeing the museum. Yippee!

20. I'm gonna try and make it. I'm staying in West Chester for a year and really want to go this year with my new toy

21. I am pretty excited to go. Going to the Drags added another must do show to my already hectic summer, this one should put me over the top. Still dont know what to bring.....

Fly into Cleveland, I will split the airfair with you.

Don

22. Packing the truck with all the goodies we scored over the winter and some left over parts off the 31 Coupe.

Come by and BUY!!!

23. Oh!! Oh!!! Oh!!!

And we still have some NOS Trans Adapters from the Speed Shop we bought out. Drop me an email if you need something. We will bring it to the show!

24. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Not going to make it this year but I can honestly say that last years trip to the Showdown was a blast.

The museum, the track time, going to Williams grove for the first time, and great cars and friends. I will make it back over there for sure.

25. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

;)----ROADSTER----;)

26. sxdxmike

sxdxmike

wouldn't miss it...

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I agree....nothing like blasting around that track in a roadster.

28. Spike!

Spike!

Damn hair appointment....

Spike

29. 19LaidBack37

19LaidBack37

I'll be there with the 37 and a camera for some good footage. Really looking forward to friday night and getting an early start on the swap meet.

30. hoof

hoof

I got a PA inspection on Brookie. Now as long as she looks "right" and I get into the infield I am set.
    CHAZ