Register now to get rid of these ads!

More Gasser look

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Shocker, Apr 27, 2008.

1. vince-305

vince-305
    from london uk

i totally agree and have spent many hours pondering exactly the same thought over my own and once pandoras box is open theres no closing man im stuck on whether to radius the rear arches or not and i havent even thought of a name yet as for the tyres i personly think pie crusts look the nuts but here in the uk slicks are not allowed on the street
    and fenderwells will fitted later

Attached Files:

2. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Nice white gloss paint!!!:D

3. Judd

Judd

Nice white gloss paint!!!
    Yes I like this one also! LOL!

Attached Files:

4. The Shocker

The Shocker

It looked good from a distance in white but had lots of scrapes and scratches .Plus it was too plain in my opinion and white is my least favorite color.You guys have to remember that this is my daily with the slicks thing .When i had those slicks on it in that pic it looked great but it was like driving on owlshit in the rain and if you were to get in a wreck with them on the car in the rain the judge would put you under the jail.As far as the MSD box and wires ,its fun to get the flavor of an old Gasser but its not 1965 anymore .When i started this thread i meant things that could be improved visually ,not mechanically .I need to have a compromise of performance and drivability on the street and looks ...

5. 4speedman

4speedman

if u want to pull off the gasser look with any authority u will neeed a tunnel ram at leat (we all know it will run brtter with a single 4 but ....well u know...)

6. senior fried

senior fried

Hey Daniel, Its looking good, Get some more wheelie and you will be there !!!

Attached Files:

7. The Shocker

The Shocker

Thanks man ...

8. The Shocker

The Shocker

I have a T-ram on it ,and your right .I did the swap to the T-ram for looks mainly cuz its a little moody in the mornings (which i heard that it would be )when you start it at 25 degrees .It does how ever run a little better at high rpm with it over the low rise intake ,but it was a compramise i could live with for the looks ,unlike slicks in the rain ...

9. scrape

scrape

;)
    just so every on can see my old 55, with the "camaro bucket seats"
    and t5 trans....... man that overdrive sure did help to let me drive it with those 5.57 gears........:eek:
    [​IMG]

10. 2 set of slots, one stickies and one streets.
    and some nice shiney white paint.

11. Lose the flames.

Bias Plys up front.

Put S/S caps on the front wheels.

Ditch the scoop.

Sam.

12. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

I would leave it like it is. But I would move that distributor to the back. Or wait for Dirty 31 to chaim in, he is always there to help! hehe.

13. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

I ran in gas class from 1971 to 1974 my car was level had no tube front end. It was red primer with a tear drop scoop with the opening faceing forward,1964 nova with a 396. Can post a pic of it .

14. Clark Kustoms

Clark Kustoms
    from las vegas

This is the one i want to build. I have a crusty 60 ranchero and a desoto hemi. I'll most likely make a injection cover over the stock carb...3.55 a gallon. I will put the motor in the cab for sure. It never would have been built that way back then , but its extreme and wild. The tinted lexan colored windows will help for sure on yours.

Attached Files:

15. The Shocker

The Shocker

You kill me Robert .I dont think someone wants to talk to me anymore ,but you can bet him and someone else read this thread and laughed out loud...

16. The Shocker

The Shocker

Man , i would love to see a pic of it ...

17. up in the great north in the 70's gassers had flames level stance wrinkle wall slicks , candy paint no primer the nose bleed cars were street freaks

18. How about keeping the Cragars for street duty, and steelies with slicks for the track?

19. scoop scoop scoop, wrong wrong wrong. those flames look retarded.

20. Rusty

Rusty

I really like the white i was at first.

I say loose the flames and raise the rear or lower the front a tad. Never had been a supporter of the scoop either. Chrome old 60style hoop need to be be added in the car. Black spark plug wires for sure. Definately puts some fender well headers when headed to the races but since you drive it to work the ones you have on it now will probably have to stay put. I kinda like some polished slots better than the cragars but cragars are always cool.

I would comment on the SBC that Robert started but we have beat that pony to death.

If you want to drive it and win= SBS
    If you want to drive it and sell for the most money = SBF

I have had a few falcons. Without a ford in them you just cant get your money back, Those falcon guys are die hard SBF guys

Rusty

21. I'd lower the front a bit, Cragar 15x4s front, black steelies with a small stripe whitewall piecrust. Lime green metalflake paint, darkgreen metalflake interior, white front towbrackets, chrome rear tube bumper. 514 BBF crate, heads and all blue, white fenderwell headers.

22. racer32

racer32

23. ratso575

ratso575

the car looks good !

put " JUS FALCON AROUND " on the rear 1/4 panel , fenderwell headers , clear plexi scoop and colored windows ..........

24. JHhj0978

JHhj0978
    from Youngstown

fenderwell headers
    lose the flame paint..although it doesnt look bad, just doesnt scream gasser IMO
    name on the doors
    stickers of the brands you use on the fenders/quarters
    id like to see the front a lil lower if you could, but its fine as is
    different wheels/tires, cheaters slicks on back and mismatched rims maybe? just a idea
    goodluck
    Jimmy

25. cooljunk

cooljunk

Mine is the red one, white one is HAMBer Falcon gasser

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. abone1930

abone1930

27. What size tires in back, 28's? They look short with that front end so high.

Your ride looks like early 70's + the flat paint job and flames... so call it early 70's meets rat rod. There is nothing wrong with having influences from more than one scene, I'd paint the truck a gloss color and lose the scoop if you want a true 60's feel.

At least your truck doesn't look like my Merc (but I'm repainting it), '51 chopped Merc meets 1990 Chevy street rod and a Hot Wheels car, while having dinner at McDonalds.

28. I didn't say get rid of the MSD box, just hide it. And you are trying to compromise too much between driver and gasser. You can really pull of one or the other. The tunnel ram with a single four is stupid. The yellow wires are also stupid. The flames are not gasser. It should either be a single solid color with a sponsor name on the bed, or panel painted, maybe some lace and fade. Chrome slots 15x4's in the front, steelies in the back.

29. abone1930

abone1930

Fenderwall headers, moon tank, depends on the ERA your lookin for?
    I like the cragars.:D

Attached Files:

30. Anderson

Anderson

Even if you don't step up to some cheater slicks, the rear tires need a LOT more sidewall. There's something about the wheel and tire combination on that never clicked for me....I know the wheels are fairly correct, but something just doesn't work. It may be the tires. Maybe swap the rears for some painted or chrome steelies, or swap the fronts for some narrow aluminum slots.