Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all Canadians

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by canadianzed, Jan 30, 2008.

1. screwball

screwball

piston I am a member of the Coasters and I know where Brighton is I will be at Sterling not sure of a spot yet. Im the only Coaster with long hair my son builds low rider bicycles and vintage banana seat bikes. I hope to have a car done for this year. At the Coasters im also known as Ugley.

2. bct

bct

shameless plug....cuz i know my fellow canadians are too polite to flame me....CAM JAMMERS rod run...july 12 13 , LUMBY bc ..camping and beer..50$....PM me

3. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

Hey screwball (and everyone else), you should look us up at Stirling. We will be in the same spot as last year, couple of rows right behind the arena. Look for the running 8ba in the "model A" front end, and hopfully there will be a big sign there for the "FLAT OUT WEEKEND/09". Stop in for a coffee and shoot the sh!t with us.

4. RacerRick

RacerRick

Is there a link for sterling? I wouldn't mind taking my 57' Poncho and need some of that info. I still have my shop in alliston, but I am probably moving to a more private one on the same property :p

5. rendog

rendog

calgary alberta. Originally form Nova Scotia. transplanted as a kid so I didn't have much choice. Miss the ocean, but now I can't live without the mountains. Vancouver hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

if it weren't for some of the people around here though... I'd be gone to parts unknown. That and the lease on my shop...

6. canadianzed

canadianzed

Never would have guessed this would be closing in on 500 posts- and the cruising season has just begun (in my part of Canada) thanks to all the replies.

7. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

So many posts that your original question got lost , you know - cars somethin' ...somethin'...? :)

8. I can't believe how many people are from Calgary! You guys need to have a H.A.M.B. meet or somthing![​IMG]

Anyway, as for me, born in Brockville, Ont, then moved to Ottawa, and finally, settled here in Langley, B.C. There is no snow.....I have been in shorts scince February.[​IMG]

Here is my toilet:
    [​IMG]

9. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I remember my Dad had a 1968 Meteor Rideau 500. I wish I had the car today. It could be made into a cool mild custom...

10. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

and that right there is why I want to move out of Alberta haha

11. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

Racer Rick, I don't know about a link to Stirling but it is the 2nd to the 4th of May in the great town of Stirling Ontario. Stirling is located on the east side of the Trent River north of Frankford. If your are coming from either direction you will need to take the Glen Miller off ramp at Trenton (the one with the jet next to the Holiday inn) travel north from the 401, through Frankford and continue on until you see the Stirling town sign. From there you just follow the line up of people and signs to the swap meet. Maybe someone could post a link through map quest?

12. restoroddin

restoroddin

There is a show coming up in Airdrie soon. It used to be hosted by "hotrods and cool cars" They did a name change and now are Hotrods Inc. Good people. Hope to see some of us HAMBERS there!
    HOTRODS INC Open House & Show and Shine

Saturday, May 17, 2008
    here is the link: http://www.hotrods.ca/

13. kbee fed

kbee fed

Canedian here, from Sherbrooke Quebec, close to Montreal saying: '' fa fret, sti ''
    Building a front engine dragster, correct 1960 style, 160'' with 283 lookalike and a glide.

Rene Gagner, kbee fed
    gagnermotor.com

14. RacerRick

RacerRick

I am going to see if I can make it. My engine for my 57 was supposed to be done by now but really slow shipping and being screwed by guy I bought the pistons off of didn't help.

15. screwball

screwball

piston I will look for you at Sterling Im the short bastard with the long hair. Kinda a long hared red neck.

16. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

We'll be there. Had the flatty running yesterday, and our show sign should be done this week as well. See you all there!!!

17. tommystoy

tommystoy
    from ont,can

penetanguishene, ont . ya! i know , how the !!!! do you spell that!. but ! it's on georgian bay, land of the 60 + ib musky.i don't really know if my 1948 plymouth coupe is canadianized, or americanized, since it had no i.d tag's on it when i bought it 15 yr's ago.the one thing about winter is, your local law,& township shure luv us hot rodder's, with the amount of fine's racke'd up , first rip out , after a long cold canadian winter! .:)

18. biscaynes

biscaynes

the same prize as #501. :(
    signing in from kettleby ont.

19. screwball

screwball

Did six months of schooling up in Midland Georgian Collage over the last three winters up there you guys have way to much snow for me.

20. email a pick of yer essex, i have a 29 essex coupe
    Harry at [email protected]

21. hello
    Im from Airdrie Alberta just up the road from Calgary
    Got a 50 Meteor coupe, its Canadian eh
    will have it at Hot Rods Inc on May 17 see if you can make it, was great last year
    Regards
    Harry Svingen

22. Hey Screwball!!! You coulda came up a bit further and helped me out....one night it snowed over 2 1/2 feet. I even had to plow my own street to get back home!!!!!

23. RacerRick

RacerRick

My shop is up in alliston ontario and the snow wasa 3/4 of the way up the door after one weeked of snow.

24. Roughshod Rod

Roughshod Rod

Calgary.
    1954 Pontiac Chieftain.
    Anybody know any good flat6 speed part dealers?
    Best place to buy windshields?

25. screwball

screwball

I was on the road comming back from a garage bash in Stouville doring the snow took 2 hrs to get from Barrie to Midland. But there was no snow from Stouville to Barrie.

26. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

Hey Screwball, did you see your pic in the Stirling swap meet and hamb company post? I put it up a couple days ago, thought you might like to know.

27. AngleGrinder

AngleGrinder

Stogy likes this.
  28. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

AngleGrinder, that's some cool looking stuff there!!!! Welcome to the club.

29. fast Ed

fast Ed

Figured I throw this in here, from another message board:

54 YEAR OLD WRECKING yard is crushing out the end of May. Some vehicles have been there for over 40 years. The years range from 1924-2008. The owners do not want to see them crushed. Perhaps your next project or hard to find part is there. Yard is located in Wainwright, AB. Call Dave at 780-842-3784 Wainwright. Tel: 780-842-3784

cheers
    Ed N.

30. Hey Canadians;
    Saw a primered black late 40's sedan driving down the Don Valley parkway yesterday morning..had red wheels.look cool..
    Wondered if it was a "Hamb" car?

1939fiat