Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jefferson Wi swap meet next weekend ,who's all going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carguy365-24-7, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

Yes, that time of year again .Time for big bars and old cars.Who's all going? I'll be there on Saturday.
    I do have a question though ....How wet are the fairgrounds and parking area?We have had a moderate amount of rain in the Fox valley and can't imagine it being any drier down there...PAUL

2. fuzzface

fuzzface

Just a heads up. They have Hwy. 18 (Racine st.) ripped out east of Hwy. 26(Main st.). I wouldn't bring a show car in this way.

3. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

Ill be there......rain or shine................or snow!!!

ROB

4. Hardy

Hardy

Im going to be there on saturday, hopefully the rain will stop so it can dry up. Not much fun walking around in mud or snow

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I am from Jefferson. We are about two feet over flood stage. Fairgrounds and parking will be okay unless we have recent heavy rains. All HAMB dudes are welcome to contact me for info and possible trailer parking arrangements. I will help if at all possible. PM is best.

6. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

ill be there in whatever weather comes.

7. phat rat

phat rat

I'll be there. Does anyone remember a few years ago when they had water pumps going all day on Fri. trying to dry things out a bit? By Sat afternoon it wasn't to bad in the south end and the north end was fine. Seems like that was the same year all the guys that were mud bogging in the parking field?

8. ....I'll be goin to try to find all the good deals before you guys!....and get a big bar.
    ...be sure to get your big bar at the "Scrap Drive" show/swap in Belvidere, Illinois on June 7th!

9. We'll be there on Sat...meet n greet at the same place noon at the grand stands ? Stick shift I'll bring your louvered cooler panel there! and i have a louvered toilet seat cover just for SHITS and grins!

10. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

man.... i wanna go, but idk... its always a dissapointment except for a big bar and sayin hi to marcy when she shows up

i may sneak in a lil early to try to steal a deal or two

louverdude will be there, it would be cool to meet you man...

11. I am planning on going down Friday morning. Plan is to have two cars in the corral for sale. Will sit with them til they sell.
    (920)540-4576 cell.

I am camping out in the field to the west of the grounds like always. Look for a white F350 short bus.

12. fuzzface

fuzzface

Im still debating. There is two auctions I would like to go to this weekend also. I always hit the one auction every year and do quite well at but this is the first time it landed on the same day as Jefferson. I can do two of the three but don't know which two. Also the wife is leaving Sunday for a few days and I'm suppose to be around Sat. Like that is going to happen.

13. noon at the grandstands?

14. skoh73

skoh73

Hey Paul, Yeah I'll be there on Sat. a.m. When I went in spring last year it was fairly dry, not any probs (as far as the parking area goes). When I went in fall it was a bloody mess! It had rained the day before and the overflow parking area (most of the parking) is in a cornfield. People were getting stuck in the mud all over the place--if I hadn't had 4wheel drive I would have been one of those guys. I can say that it seems to be pretty dry around here right now, no rain since last Thursday I believe (and I live about ten miles from the fairgrounds), but from what I hear it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow and that may make things a little interesting. I'm looking 4 a '50 Ford down there. Lemme know if you know of anyone selling one? Have fun, good luck. Scott

15. roadsterman32

roadsterman32
    from wi

I will be there for sure on sat. to sell my daughters 71 chev pickup. I look forward to meeting some hambers at noon. Maybe one of youse guys will buy the truck by then, white all over. Suppose to be clear and 54 on sat. Some rain on friday and sunday.

16. jonnycola

jonnycola

What are you bringing?

I should be there.... hopefully I get the same vending spot we always have in that building.

17. studematt

studematt

Jonny, selling anything good? I will look in the building for ya.

18. AND WIND
    tk

19. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

we'll be there on friday see ya there

20. phat rat

phat rat

I'll be there Fri. & Sat, then headed west looking for more parts

21. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

I'll be there all weekend. For the first time in about 25 years I'm getting a swap space. Lot's of misc "stuff" that's accumulated over the years. I think our space is NNR-111, or something like that. It's behind the main building, along the fence. If I have anything you need, be sure to ask for the HAMB discount! I hope the weather's decent.

22. rodderski

rodderski

I'm there Sat. c ya there.

23. ChevyII

ChevyII

Yeah hopefully we will get lucky this year and all the rain will stay SOUTH of us lol

24. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I'll be there with three cars to sell, plenty more at my lot just South of town on 26. All HAMBers are more than welcome. My cars will be in the front row facing the grandstand. 56 Belair, 67 Cutlass, 70 Lemans. Stop and say hello. Stay warm and dry! If anybody needs help or local info, stop or call 920-723-7304. Bob

25. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I will be there friday walking through the mud for no other reason then it is my first swap for the year. I bought enough stuff tuesday and thursday nites I should not go. ha ha ha
    I will probably be going on saturday to meet up with Louver Dude and meet some other HAMBers. Comedy act at noon. :)

26. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

We'll see you guys at noon on Saturday!! PAUL

27. chuck fahr

chuck fahr
    from s.w. wis.

Well guys its Friday morn. Its been raining here in SW. Wi. two days now. I cant imagine the place being very dry.Anyone there today that could give us an update? I know how bad it can be. Im planning on leaving early Sat. morn.Just wondering if we should tie planks to our feet.Have a great time hope to see you at noon.

28. My kid and I will be there Sat. He's selling a nice 30-40 ft trailer, holds snowmobiles, bikes, etc. I'll be looking for parts for that '41 Poncho of mine. Bring your shit kickers, it's going to be wet.

29. blown41

blown41

Courtesy of the national weather service. We might need pontoons!

SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TODAY AND THIS EVENING.
    THERE IS A SLIGHT RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON AND
    EARLY THIS EVENING ACROSS ALL OF SOUTHERN WISCONSIN. THE SEVERE
    THUNDERSTORMS COULD PRODUCE DAMAGING WINDS...LARGE HAIL AND
    ISOLATED TORNADOES.

30. jonnycola

jonnycola

I just got back from buying some spots... (G 13-14-15) and I left right before the storms hit...

It was pretty swampy... and I dont see it getting any better today.... but tomorow is supposed to be decent.