Register now to get rid of these ads!

i can change my sig, got my first cool car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jlouie, Apr 8, 2008.

1. DirtyDan

DirtyDan

Pretty sure he was joking!

I wouldn't do a thing to that car except get it safe and road worthy, then like Monsterflake said... cut a coil to a coil and 1/2 out of the it all the way around and just cruise it (add new shocks while you're at it). Or if you really want to strut, buy a air bag kit from Kustombuilder on here and lay that thing out. The lower to the ground a Caddy gets, the better it looks. I even dig the stock hubcaps. Might try a wide white on it (a caddy is about the only 60's car that a wide white works on). I love supremes and bellflowers, but I just dont think they look right on 4dr Cadillacs.

2. Adam D.

Adam D.

since im on the hamb.... im probbly kidding.... i spell rods with an s.....

3. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I'd sport that puppy just like it is. Just gass'er up and go.

Doc.

4. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Jason, That's a great looking Cadi man, check your brakes real good and fix that tranny leak, top off the fluids and your good to go and enjoy it. I love that color. Make sure you join the National Cadillac LaSalle club for tips and parts that you might need. I learned a lot about my car and Cadillac in general from there web-site and there monthy Magazine. GOOD LUCK !
    And as far as lowering your Cadi I use two 75lb bags of sand, two tool boxes and sometimes a ez-up ! Those huge trunks are very handy.
    60'
    Hers my girl:
    [​IMG]

5. jlouie

jlouie

thanks guys. she's in my garage now and getting work done little by little. i just changed the 20+yr old oil out of it the other day:mad:, man that was some nasty stuff. she's purring like a kitten, but still puking tranny and brake fluid. i found the brake leak so that should be done soon, then i'll have her towed to a tranny shop and get the seals replaced. regarding everything else, there are new shocks on it so that's cool, and i like the cheap method of filling the trunk to drop the rear. i think a coil would do the trick. i'm gonna keep the wheels as is for now and just get some miles on it to keep working out the bugs. i need nothing on the inside as the interior is spotless. here's a couple pics of it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Congrats. I had a 1961 like that, thing was good looking from about fifty feet, but still it was a good car, I drove her everywhere, she ended up in Switzerland.

7. Smooth and that color is the shizzzzzz>>>>.

8. thads31

thads31

Soooo nice and clean. A mighty fine find.

9. Yeah Please dont do what I did to my barn find crusier that had origional paint and paperwork in the box.... Dont cut it up and paint it primer!!

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yup!^^^^^
    ohh and that things is beggin, beggin i tells ya for PINSTRIPES!
    that blue is perfect, and stripes would sure class it up!
    great score man! damn missourians get all the kool stuff!:(:p;)

11. Abomination

Abomination

A Scarebird Disc Brake conversion would be nice...

~Jason

12. Abomination

Abomination

Nice!

Sienna Rose?

~Jason

13. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Jlouie, Jason S. told me that there is a radio volume controled by your foot in that jem! That is neat.

14. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Close Jason, But it's PERSIAN SAND and about 70% is the original paint. It looks great from 30 feet.
    60'

15. Abomination

Abomination

AH yes. Looked on the pinkish side, rather than the purple side in the pics.

Believe it or not, Color 98 (paint code) was Persian Sand in '59, but in '60 Color 98 was Sienna Rose (Persian Sand was Color 48 in '60!)!

Weird, huh?

I have a '60 built from several different cars... each a different color! :)

~Jason

16. jlouie

jlouie

actually it's for the station presets. i hit the button on accident on the trip home and the damn station changed. it took me about 5 minutes to figure out what i did. the needle in the radio even moves:eek:. it is just too cool. guess the safety nazi's couldn't put buttons on the steering wheel back then.:D