Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mt. Vernon, Wa. Swapmeet Saturday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old beet, Apr 17, 2008.

1. old beet

old beet

Everyone going?

2. rainh8r

rainh8r

If it doesn't snow too much. If the vendors get set up Friday, they won't be able to get out before we get there.

3. moses

moses

yea ill be there rain snow or whatever the weather does it is also a motercycle swapmeet mabey even see the tulip fields ..jeffrey

4. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

I'll be there...What time does it open?
    Pat

5. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I'm going tonight, plan to sleep in my truck right by the entrance. I just need one trim ring to make a set and figure this is the only way I'm going to get it. I sure hope the weather cooperates.

6. k-member

k-member

Glad to see that you are still alive Dug, see you Saturday.

7. opens to the public at 8am.

stop by the swindlers' booth on the grass behind the buildings....we'll be there.

8. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

just got out of the hospital after seven days. This thing kicked my ass but they finally figured it out. I'm ready to wrestle for that trim ring now so you better watch it. As far as those Swindlers go, they're all punks and I'm ready to rumble!

9. We'll take it easy on you....wouldn't want to put you BACK in the hospital just yet...

10. old beet

old beet

I'd be careful around Dug, I heard he just got a .32 and knows how to use it!

11. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

It'll be great to see you guys.

12. as in "gun" or as in "ford" ??? perhaps both?

13. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

14. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Eric, I'll kick your ass too!................reminds me of the old joke: (first guy) "I'm making a list of everybody's ass I can kick, what's your name?" (second guy) "You can't kick my ass." (first guy) "then I won't put your name on the list."

15. Where is it being held? I'm kinda sorta familiar with M.V. Wife drags me to LaConner all the time. This isn't the Tulip Run weekend is it?

16. old beet

old beet

West of I-5, South of downtown. Can't miss it. At the Fairgrounds........OLDBEET

17. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

now I'm never gunna get that trim ring, damn!

18. what exit number is the fairgrounds coming from the south on i-5? fuck! its hailing like hell here right now. don't put those snowmobiles away yet. how does this meet compare to monroe?

19. exit 225. there's always signs to the fairgrounds after you exit.

it's much smaller than monroe.

20. k-member

k-member

Hail Hell, it's full on snowing and damn, it's April 18th WTF?

21. It's just west of Mt Vernon Radiator Service.

22. moses

moses

hope it isnt a fair weather swat ive got 2" plus on the ground in mountlake terrace damn...
    jeffrey

23. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

how late is the meet running 'til?

24. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I was going to go, but with this snow 5" deep in Everett (so far), I'm probably going to pass. I've lived in this state most of my life, and today we experienced something I have NEVER seen before. It was snowing AND thundering at the same time (?)! And, I really wanted to go. What does Nostrodamus (sp) have to say? Freaky weather.

25. sure would have been nice to meet some local hamb members. hope you guys have fun building a h.a.m.b. snowman! you can name it frosty balls!

26. who's winning the snowball fight? this fucking weather is nuts. i'm pissed because i need my voodoo doughnut!

27. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Well, We had a nice Ferry ride, a long snowy ride up I-5, WTF? Snow? middle of April? Anyways, things were cold and muddy and White, The meet was small for sure, But hey, it was a "Car thing" man! And we're Damn glad to be there! Good to see some of the guys and a few parts. Didn't see you Beet or Dug. Had a Doughnut and Cruzed out. Went lookin for that musclecar joint out of town (motorcity something) and what a JOKE! shit, a 30k 60' chevy Thirty footer and it just got worse. So we headed back for the boat via Kompact Kar Korner. Had A great day and Home by 2.00pm. A car and Beer day. I LIKE IT! B

28. Old Rod

Old Rod
    from Brazil, IN

Sorry to hear about your hospital stay, not much fun! I have a bunch of 16" trim rings,
    if you can't locate one let me know. Bob