Register now to get rid of these ads!

How about we all go in a buy this ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Dad, Apr 9, 2008.

1. I meant it as a question ????

ITS SNOWING AT MY HOUSE TOO...

2. Nitro Crewchief

Nitro Crewchief
    from Illinois

That has always been my dream to own a drag strip, now if I could just talk the wife into moving away from the grand daughter.

3. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Sign me up for a share!

4. ....It would be best to just re-title this one and stick it at the top. You're right, probably tons of people haven't even opened it thinking it's a joke.

The more I've been thinking about it, all the possibilities and activities that could be put up there, it's fantastic idea. There are a lot of possibilities.

One good race event or Bowling Green type show would pay the expenses for 6mo or maybe the year. Best thing might be to have a "main" spring and fall show.

Another hobby I know done this, people get to know each other & develop new friendships then can't wait to get back again just 6mo. later. It's worldwide now and there are regularly film crews from Japan, Europe and Austrailia there. It started from just a few guys getting together at an old Naval test range. All the hotels within 50 miles are booked up years in advance now. They have camping also, but it fills up in no time. It's been on Discovery Channel, Documentary Channel, etc.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2212559685971790593

It would be "thee" premier hot rod event of the Nation from the get go. Especially due to an outlaw track.

Being self employed I can definately spend time off and on each day being a partner doing leg & phone work staying in touch and am dead serious about seeing if it might pan out. All it will take is one other serious sincere person to help pick the ball up and we're off. I'm going to call a couple of people who would have some ideas. Anyone that has the time, skills, knowledge and interest, PM me.

5. tomslik

tomslik

i wonder if the "shares " were more like 200 bucks, you might get more investors...

god, don't ask me how to set this all up...

6. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I'm in for a grand.
    I can also provide computer equipment, software and support.
    I'd go for more but I just used my 10grand for a house here in St. Louis.

Glenn

7. Adopt a Dragway???

There's a new and interesting concept...

I like it!

8. I just sent an email to the broker asking for a survey of the property. Utility info, easements, etc... I'll see what kind of reply I get and follow up on Monday.

If I can get that drawing, it won't take much to do a little site study. Look at the grades. Maybe see where there is unused land, best access, etc... Handling water and sewage could be an issue. Just like any other development with a dragstrip in the middle of it.

Dan

9. flynstone

flynstone

it could work, how about a trailer park with your own space for 10 k use anytime you want ????????? get it for 400 k still get 50 partners 100 k for trailer park...............honey ill be rite back tune up run......he he he ...........

10. I thought it was a master plan to lure skinny chicks in string bikinis?:rolleyes:

11. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

If you build it, chicks in string bikinis will come! :D. I hope!

Mcqueen, wow I thinkyoure right on the money. I kinda forget about it but one of the HAMBs assets is the ability to get press/public attention. If I heard about a bulletproof type show held at an outlaw dragstrip community in a little town
    down south somewhere that was held once or twice a year, well, I'd really want to go. There's nothing like scarcity to make people want something. How many people have slept in their car to go to paso? MIGHT even get the community to cut us some slack here and there if we bring dollars in.

When I spent time in Tyler I remember seeing a surprising number of hotrods there.

12. Brewton

Brewton

I used to live in Longview, TX and ran my street car at Hallsville. It was a great little track at one time and had a NHRA sportsman points race there every spring. Fast cars (7 second and less) didn't like it too much - it had a bump at the time traps at the end of the quarter. I saw a few alcohol funnycars lose it at the lights. The pits are nice and shady, but mostly gravel and dirt. I moved from Longview in '99 so I don't know what happened to it after that. I do know that the same people who used to run it (the Halls) are running Red River Raceway outside of Shreveport, LA.
    There are several Dragstrips in East Texas and West LA, so I don't know if it would have a good draw, since there are more tracks now.

13. seems that brewery/ spring water bottling plant has been leftoff the list ..

any body come up with the aerial map yet?

14. Bash'n'Weld

Bash'n'Weld

You had me at "skinny chicks in string bikinis"!

I'm already planning my next holiday..........oh yeah,.............where do I send the money?

15. Abomination

Abomination

Don't forget the spring & fall swap meets/shows that could be had on the grounds surrounding the track, not to mention a whole new bi-annual HAMB event that could be held there!

~Jason

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

If I win Powerball tonight who knows what might happen...

17. 067chevy

067chevy

lets quit fuckin around an go for it. I'm tired 3 hrs sleep 4 hr. drive to K.C. swap meet, six hrs walking and shit I'm finally home. I thought maybe something more got done on this today. Like I said before, somebody needs to take the lead with this deal. Who's got the experience to draw up the business plan and get it going. I' serious about this and want to be a part of it.

18. 067chevy

067chevy

How many times have you guys blown a grand on something you didn't need. 1000.00 really isn't alot of money

19. tomslik

tomslik

i guess things in grand island are a hellovalot better than they are here...
    i'me having problems coming up with lunch money lately...

btw, i grew up in hastings...

20. 067chevy

067chevy

Hey sorry didn't mean any disrespect or anything. maybe people would go for five hundred. Sell a couple things on ebay to raise that much.

21. tomslik

tomslik

funny you should say that....

spent the better part of yesterday doing that (dial-up);)

naw, i just thought that a hun or two MIGHT get a few more people involved

HEY!!!
    does the strip come with timing stuff?
    anybody know?
    how outdated is it if it does?

22. hmmm
    after each member has run 1000 times they earn points for profit sharing/propery rights?

23. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

Robert Gilbert dorsn't have a bad idea. People live on golf cources, why not a dragstrip. I'm in for 1,000!!

24. I'm in!...What a great idea...the airstrip stuff woks well...why not a hotrod/dragstrip community?...This is do-able...I just talked with my ole man (he's semi retiring in 5yrs) and we'd be in for at least 10K and maybe up to 25K, depending on how much dirt we could get and where at...just sold our private lake lots...why not some dragstrip spots...

25. Brad S.

Brad S.

If this things gets legs count me for a grand.

I love that area and would love an excuse to go up a few times a year.

26. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

im down for $1000... and i dont even have a fast car!

27. gas pumper

gas pumper

A ways back Big Dad had this at 90+ acres.
    I just was reading about the new strip at Charlotte, it's on 40+ acres. And thats gonna be hizoot big show.
    This place is big.

Frank

28. Abomination

Abomination

Like I said before, I'm willing to help out. You don't even need to give me a freebie share if'n you don't want to. :)

The first order of business is to start a company and setup a PayPal account and/or bank account (interest bearing). That way we'd have a way for the serious folks to get money to us, and a place to build up funds. If it doesn't happen, folks could get their money back. Of course, the business would have to have a lawyer do up the paperwork that goes along with each share sold to guarantee this.

While that's happening, the City Council will need to be contacted locally, as well as the City Hall for ordinances, codes, zoning, etc to see if this can happen, as well as a local realtor to work on our behalf as a buyer's agent.

Well, of course, the actual depositing of the monies and selling of shares should be done after the initial fact finding and/or setting up of any deals with the land owner.

I have the gist of what needs to be done, but a local party would probably be a wiser choice for part of this...

29. Nudist colony!!!!! NO FAT CHICKS>>>>.