Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bad News

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldspeed, Apr 12, 2008.

1. oldspeed

oldspeed
    from Upstate NY

I would like to let our freinds on the HAMB know that my wife and best friend of 35 years passed away Friday morning after a long battle with cancer. She will be missed so much. I take comfort in the fact that some of the best times she had was attending the events across the country and the parking lot activities that usally followed. She was a great person devoting her time to working with disabled kids and suppoprting me and our two kids in all we wished to do. I need to take care of a few things so I will be busy over the next few days, I just wanted to let all those great folks that made our travels so much fun. Jon

2. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

I am so sorry for your loss. May God bless you and your Wife . Till we meet again at Gods feet.
    Dave

3. storm king

storm king

My prayers are with you, oldspeed. I lost my wife to cancer when she was just 32 years old. We had already been married 15 years; and were really just started to get established in our professions and with our kids. We had twin girls, one of whom died a few years later at just fifteen, so I know somewhat of the pain you may be feeling. Godspeed to your wife.

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I am so sorry for your loss ...

I cannot imagine the grief and loss. My wife and I have been married 34 years ... after dating for 8 years. I would be totally lost in your situation

5. Man, I'm sorry for your loss. Every now and then the thought pops into my head ...what would I do if my wife were to die? It's got to be a real trial. God bless you, and be strong.

6. Oldspeed, when yer out doin' what you guys did.... just look to your right, she'll still be with ya. The best of regards to you and yours.
    Howard

7. so sorry to hear this Jon,
    May she rest in peace
    God grants strength to those who seek it.

8. chad

chad

I am so sorry for your loss

9. I am very sorry to hear about the passing of your wife . . . wish I had an opportunity to know you folks, you definitely had something special.

This seems to be a difficult week for some reason -- one of my best friends lost his Father in Law on Thursday, his Dad had bypass surgery on Monday. Another friend had a stroke at just 47 years old and will probably never practice his trade again . . . and one of my engineer's father is in really bad shape with cancer.

Life is short, wonderful and fragile . . . make the best of every moment you have on this earth.

God Bless you and your wife . . . may she rest in peace and comfort.

10. So Sorry For Your Loss

11. Harms Way

Harms Way

You'll be in my prayers,......

1 Corinthians 2:9
    But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

12. Gman0046

Gman0046

My prayers are with you.

13. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

Sorry for your loss.Our prayers are with you .

14. My wife is a worthy adversary,LOL! She can battle with the best of them. She keeps me grounded. I wouldn't know what to do without her. Sorry for your loss. Sounds like she was a great gal...

15. jdubbya

jdubbya

May she rest in Peace. My thoughts are with you. -Joe

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So very sorry to hear the news. I remember meeting her in the parking lot of a hotel in Syracuse a few years ago. She was very friendly and outgoing. My condolences to you, your family and friends.

17. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Sorry to hear the bad news. Good bless. Man, I don't know what I would do without my wife. She is everything to me.

18. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Jon, I am very sorry to hear of this loss. Prayers sent for you and your family.

19. tomslik

tomslik

:(

at least she doesn't have to deal with cancer anymore..

20. Wildfire

Wildfire

So sorry for your loss.

21. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jon,
    Our thoughts & prayers are with you. I can only imagine your pain and sense of loss. I've had 42 years with my wife and best friend and although I'd never let on, I'd be devastated if I lost here. If you ever need to talk, please feel free.
    -Bob

22. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Hey..
    Hang in there my friend.. It may not seem to be a great thought right now but do try and recall all of the good times you & her had together...It will not ease the pain for sure but it may give you comford know'n you were/are her best friend..
    Take care
    Pontiac Slim

23. olskool53

olskool53
    from CT

Sorry to hear that man! Hang in there and stay strong!!

24. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

So sorry for your loss. I cannot say they we ever met but she sounds as if she was a wonderful woman. May you take comfort in having her in your life as long as you have.

25. seadevil

seadevil

Wish you the best in getting through this. My Mother passed going on 5 years ago and not a day goes by that I dont think about her. 35 years with her, she must have been very special indeed. God Bless you and your family.

26. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

My wife and I want to send our condolences to your wife, you and your family. You will be in my prayers tonight.

27. Tragic. Find some comfort in the time you had.

28. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am so sorry for your loss. Just remember that you had 35 great years together. She will be watching over you. Be strong. I will be thinking of you.
    Gasser Girl

29. JamesG

JamesG

So very sorry about your lose. My prayer's are with you and your family. Be strong.

30. May God guide your path and give you strength. I lost my mother yesterday so understand your heart is heavy . May God bless you and your family. Gary