Register now to get rid of these ads!

How about we all go in a buy this ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Dad, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

A HAMB dragstrip? F$cking A I'm down for a grand.

2. Gigantor

Gigantor

That reminds me ... found out yesterday that family owned Unity Raceway in Unity Maine (Oval Track) has shut down for the first time in decades ... it's open for rent, lease or purchase, but the owners blame lack of attendance, rising costs of fuel, etc.

What a bummer... Too bad I don't have bottomless pockets to throw at that and the dragstrip.

3. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

I would think 50 guys @10 grand would be more workable and down the road sell time shares for use not ownership of property that would get ya working capital and could be done on payment plan still lot's of legal hassles to get thru first put me down for 1 share
    Ken

4. I'm in for a grand,this made my day,now I have someting to day dream about to get through the day.

5. Couldn't you just short circuit all that by stating what you get for what dollar amount in a contract ? i.e - For $XXXX you get use of the track, and this and that, etc....you agree you have no right or say in any other matters.

Not to mention, I think that something like this, where everyone has the same deep rooted interest and understanding cars & hot rods are the root of it all. I don't think anyone would be a dick to another car guy or do anything to upset the situation. No one's getting any younger and probably none of us are into bitchin about anything anyone wants to do. I'm a live & let live, individual rights type of guy., As long as you don't kill me, I could care less what anyone does or is into. I'd help a guy build a building or a house and never look back or expect anything.

I'd be in for a 10K deal or whatever.....

6. JimSwann

JimSwann

I grew up near there, been there many times when it was active. They have airport communities so why not drag racing communities. Im in!

7. I Drag

I Drag

I would be interested in shares worth $10,000 or 1/50th ownership.

8. Searcher

Searcher

We could drill for our own oil :D I can see it now, bitchen drag strip with a background full of Pumpjacks.
    The oil pays for everthing and we all retire and drag race. I'm in.

9. Then we'd have to build our own refinery to make our own gas.....

Hey....

10. Searcher

Searcher

11. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Im in. Id love to have a share, and would pitch in more than a grand.

12. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Just thinking out loud, taxes would be around what, 15 grand a year if its taxed at 3% like a house would be? Then maint and whatnot...I understand paving costs a ton and its not a sure thing the track will be smoother afterwards...I know the texas sun is brutal on asphalt, I've seen my share of jackstands sink into the melting tar!!

With no mortgage to pay, what would you need, maybe 1? weekend a month for public racing? or sell yearly memberships or something?
    Famous last words, but it doens't *LOOK* like it needs all that much upgrading. And if the return road sucks, well don't drive so fast! :D

And don't run into my house, please! :D

And no reason why we can't shoot skeet in the back 40, right?! Outdoor firing range too?! Nice!!!!!

13. They just dropped it to 465K. It could prob. be bought for 400.

(I had shooting range in one of my first posts, but figured that might scare some non-gunnies;):), ps: private NFA (machine gun) ownership is legal in TX., also CCW., another reason I've been thinking of moving there)

There has to be some real estate & lawyer types here ?

14. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I used to go there when Ken Hall ran it, AND I-20 Dragway in Tyler. It's been a long time ago! They used to have the Texas Funnycar Championship races there. The shut down area is a bit rough, and the further down you go, the rougher it gets. And, it's HOT!!! And, MUGGY!!! It sure needs a lot of work now. Saw a Jet Dragster there once, burned up a tree behind the start line, knocked down the fence, and a fella driving by, when it happened, ran off the road and into a ditch. What's also interesting, is that the "old" Hallsville Drag Strip is just up the road a ways; a really old strip that ran downhill. This is the "new" Hallsville Drag Strip, if you can call it that. There really has to be some serious investors involved in something like this to make it work.

15. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

OOoooh yeah you have a good point. I live in CA but I'm from Texas. I think everybody I know in Texas has a gun or 3, its no big deal. In CA, people get real nervous about that subject.

Yeah I was thinking around 400 sounds about right! 25 people at 20 grand each?! Have a nice reserve for repairs, and hopefullly race weekends/memberships/etc will make enough so won't have to have yearly assesments like a condo!

How many lots could you get on there?

16. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I would be in for it.

17. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

18. bottom feeder

bottom feeder

I would be in for a portion. I don't want to take the lead but I am a lawyer and could put together the paperwork for shared ownership. I just need someone who is going to take the lead and to talk through how you want it structured.
    Dan

19. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Exactly where is this place located? Is it near Hattesville? Don't forget there is a strip about 10 miles east of San Antonio in Marion, Texas. It's a new strip that was built when they shut down Alamo Raceway. If it's near Hattesville then you're going to get a lot of competition from them. The Marion strip is very nice and we've been there a couple times from Corpus. That's a long trip to the races. A lot of people from out of state don't realize how far things are here. From Corpus I have to drive to SA (150 miles) or Beaumont (300 miles away to see top notch racing. Dallas is just too far at over 650 miles. These mileage figures are just one way. You're going to have to have something at the track that no one else has and that makes it worth driving 300-750 miles to attend. I think we need a track in South Texas. Some places down here in the desert are selling land at $750 an acre but it's very primitive. Well, I hope you can pull it off. Right now all my extra money is going towards the Model A so I won't be able to donate $1000 or I would. Good luck, I hope this happens.:)

20. It's north of Hallsville, east of Longview. Used to run there some in college. Good times.

21. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

now this would be the most interesting way to do it...if every member would drop say $15.then we could have the HAMB drags at the HAMB owned drag strip.....

22. any body map quest this ..
    sounds like a plan
    a dragstrip
    , part time air strip(nites)
    OILWELLS AND FUEL STORAGE,
    trailer park ,
    AIR CONDITIONED indoor junkyard ,where all old race cars and hotrods /parts are sent when a member dies,
    car event location,
    holding facility for illegal aliens,
    winter vacation spot(for us from sno country),
    big three test track,
    home for orphaned horses , cattle ,sheep,(plowboy pays double)rattlesnakes.
    bikini and sunscreen test areas.............
    did i forget nuclear waste storage..

HAMB MEMBERS ALL IN FOR 5-10 BUCKS AYEAR?

23. Don't forget staffing, insurance, maint, etc. Sounds like it'd be cool but I bet the final bill would scare folks. Besides, I like Carl and his track for the HAMB Drags.

24. RacerRick

RacerRick

If I could get an acre or two to build on I might go 10K. I understand that houses in texas don't need most of the stuff that us northerners get to install to battle the cold and snow.

However, I don't know if they will still be letting in canadians. You guys seem to let in tons of mexicans, but are trying to keep out us canuks.

25. buy stock in the HAMB community.. :)
    Qaulity dividends,
    self governing body (we all see eye to eye on everything now don't we?)
    this could grow into a multi state/divisional HAMB run entity
    all be worked out right here on the net
    even if the poligimy part has some current trouble in TEXAS

din't ol HENRY FORD and the HERSHEY GUY TRY THIS?

26. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

27. hmmm
    our own traditional hotrod gated community..
    see rules for entry...????

28. 067chevy

067chevy

I just checked it out on google earth and there is a few houses to the west. I say invite the nieghbors over for a good time.Maybe theres a couple of hotrodders in the neighborhood

29. Big Dad

Big Dad

30. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Okay, I just did an approxamate count so far we have a Lawyer and an Archetect and about $55K in stock or promisaries. So we're short about $410K or $300K for the Amarillo one but that one is only 60 acres which would limit revenues.

Ain't it grand to dream.