Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the coolest thing you found in an old car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kentucky, Aug 20, 2004.

1. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

a 44 mag with a 12"barrel and a few bullets wrapped up in an old stained pillow case . it was tucked into the seat back springs in a 66 chevy pick up i bought in the early 90's . had it for a few months before i found it and didnt see it untill i took the seat out to paint the inside of the cab......the seat didnt fold forward because gas tank was back there

2. Doug B

Doug B

I bought a $50 Dodge van for parts and I found a nice old Buck 110 folding knife in perfect shape under the mattress in the back. 20 years ago and I still have it. (not the mattress....)

3. Finktim

Finktim

I have sitting here laughing my ass off at these posts!

I had to take the door panel off my 72' Chevelle because the power window was working badly. I found about 30 used sanding disks and a shop rag clogging up the works. The previous "bodyman" used it for a garbage can then sealed the door up. Asshole.

The "bee story" reminded me of a few years ago, Elden Titus was at Starbirds place and thought it would be funny to sit in a fibreglass Batmobile shell that is sitting behind Starbirds shop and get his picture taken. He was only in it a few seconds when he discovered it had a huge hornets nest inside of it!!

4. About 15 years ago I bought a VW Squareback From some dude in a trailer for 25 bucks. In the trunk was something intensely creepy-a pair of hip waders with bloodstains all around the crotch/penis area. Not exactly cool, but sorta, in a really odd way. At least I have a story.

5. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

6. 65 impala

65 impala

Found A Really Nice Gold Ring With Tiger Eye Gem In It Really Nice Piece In The Trunk Of A 69 Chevelle.

7. BangerMatt

BangerMatt

First project my father and I undertook was a 1947 Ford Pickup. While cleaning out some of the interior we found 6 or 7 Bic lighters tucked in the rounded bottom of the dash on the passenger side.

8. Quickponey

Quickponey

Not only kool, but extremely valuable. The build sheet for my 67 Mustang S Code 4spd FB. 1 of 1 according to Kevin Marti.
    Taped in a bundle to the wiring harness behind the speedo. Steamed it open and it is perfect.

9. geekspeed

geekspeed

So far in the 62 caddy - i have found: numerous "conversation hearts" candy in the trunk...the right side rear tire cover (the left side was on and in tact), a key that opens nothing, a few burnt out coils (upon further investigation I have come to conclude the previous owner was NOT an automotive electrician), and up front -- a picture of jesus taped to the dash. Funny thing was -- when the wife picked it out at the yard -- it was overcast...and getting ready to rain -- until we walked over to the caddy, and the sun broke through and shone right on it...The wife saw the picture of jesus and had to have it...we named her Grace.

10. zephyr41

zephyr41

A plastic baggy filled with an unknown white powder in the door of a van we were customizing. Of course, we immediately turned it in to the police.

And a 1963 Toledo newspaper with an article about JFK in the trunk of my '61 Lincoln Continental convertible.

11. Drive Em

Drive Em

I found a 3/8" air ratchet behind the left rear interior quarter panel on my '73 Torino. It was behind the glued on paper dust shield, so it had to have been left there at the factory. On my '64 falcon wagon, there is a very large blood stain on the white headliner that looks like someone could have lost their brains in there.

12. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

A 1948 penny in a '54 Ford Vicky when I pulled the original floor mat out.

Keven

13. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

In about 1976 or so I bought a beater 60 El Camino complete with Grateful Dead bumper stickers and orange shag carpet. About a week or two after I bought it I noticed little green things sprouting out of the orange shag carpet. Upon further examination it became evident there were about 100 little pot plants sprouting from the carpet. conclusion: Dirty shag carpet, lotsa seeds, + moisture = rolling plantation.

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  14. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

There are two things I am affraid of: fire & snakes. Brought home a 1923 Buick and was digging through the interior and found cool parts and pieces, and also a SNAKE! Which of course dropped out of the car into the car port.
    I spent the next hour or more cleaning everything out of the car port trying to find it so I could kill it. If I didn't find it and kill it I'd have to move. LOL It was big, fat and I'm told a bad snake. I did find it and killed it at least 3 times dead. Did I tell you I'm affraid of snakes. LOL

15. I found my mother in-laws comb from 1959 between the dash and windshield on our Model A.

Attached Files:

16. The neighbor girls virginity!! Damn I miss that neighborhood>>>>.

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  17. Hey, at least it wasn't a snake that shot fire out its mouth when it hissed. That could have been REALLY traumatizing for you.

18. brandon

brandon

nothing of real value....but i thought it was pretty neat that the previous owner of my anglia worked at nickey chevrolet.....the hp capitol of the midwest....and this guy is driving a 10hp car....:eek: the other thing with this car was in it ....but rather on it.... after having it media blasted , one door still had a ink stamp from the steel company in england..... richardson steel....got a pic of it on my old computer somewhere..... brandon:D

19. a box of pictures and personal items and went to the effort to track down one of the relatives to return it. they returned the favor by letting me haul off 2 55' chevy belairs,a 60' impala 2dr and a 64' pontiac catalina convertable that they had been fighting over. the grandaughter felt this was the only way to end the fighting. the pictures in the box had all the relatives standing next to said cars in the past at one time. still get a calls from the granddaughter thanking me for the picks and it's been over 25 years ago.

20. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

During teardown of our long time family owned rod I found:

1. A crucifix shaped Easter Sunday bookmark from my parents church.

2. A serial number tag from a new gun with my Dad's last name handwritten on it.

21. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

Also, my Grandpa told me he used to let one of his buddies keep naked polaroids of chicks he had banged hidden in one of the headlight buckets of our Panel truck.

Must have been a sentimental guy (or serial killer).

vetteguy402 likes this.
  22. Rockettruck

Rockettruck

Back in '93 or '94, I bought a '67 Olds Cutlass from a good friend who had already taken the engine and trans out. The remaining hulk cost me $20 and I planned to part it out. I was pulling out the carpeting (shot) from around the legs of the front seat and I saw a flash of silver!

I guess that sometime back in the late sixties, someone had bought a roll of dimes to use for parking meter money and I had found the remainder of the roll, under the edge of the carpet! They were all silver dimes, 28 or 29 coins in all and roughly half of them were the older "Mercury" dimes.

I still razz my buddy about that from time to time!

Rockettruck

23. This goes way back when my dad bought a '64 Ford off a guy who was stumped with a noise he had in the car since it was new; every time he would turn right there would be a clunking noise from the backon the right side, but he could never figure it out! Soon after we bought it, I was sitting in the back seat and as we rounded the corner,I heard the noise coming from the back door. Dad pops the interior panel off and reveals a 1/2 in. wrench on a string tied at an angle so it would slide side to side with a note saying," Ha ha, I got you!" Dad figuered it was done by someone on the assembly line! I still have the wrench(Gray Ind.)

24. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

I found a 1939 owners card in the glove box of my 37 Terraplane that I bought in 85.

25. kustomkat50

kustomkat50

I had 4 black widows in my trunk!

26. Found over a dozen G-spots, vintage mid-1950s to mid 1960s in a 1957 Studebaker President four door I had in the early '80s.

27. sailin

sailin
    from iowa

Today I was telling my mom about this thread and she told me something I couldnt believe... Back in the late 70's my dad and friend were looking at a car at an auction house, they sold furniture and all kinds of stuff and once in a while a car. My dad and his buddy found $20,000. in the glove box of that car!! They turned it into the auction house. My dad's gone now but mom is still pissed at him about that! Amazing!

28. Tin Indian

Tin Indian

When I got around to cleaning out the trunk of an old tbird I just bought, I found a bottle of Jack daniels wedged inbetween the back seat and trunk floor. That was a happy hour.

29. mac762

mac762

I looked at a early 80's Z-28 Camaro that was sitting around without the T tops for what looked like years. There were a few little pot plants growning out of the carpet. The whole damn car was covered in moss too.

30. DrJ

DrJ

Years ago, back in "The age of Aquarius," as I was driving up Pacific Coast Highway I opened up the glove box of one of my sports cars one and there was a pair of Red & Black lace panties in it.
    I had no idea, (or memory,) of how they got there...and my passenger didn't recognize them either...