Register now to get rid of these ads!

AMC Guys !!! Whip em out, Let's see what you got!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ttop88, Apr 5, 2008.

1. ttop88

ttop88
    from indiana

I have been lookin for an off beat car for a couple years. I dig the amc's. I was lookin for a Gremlin or even a Pacer to do a gasser build. (Yeah, I know that i'm eat up.) I recently ran across a 65 Rambler American. It is damn solid. It's been swapped to a 406 sbc and its got a 8.8 ford rear. This is a 2500lb car!!!! Its a 11 second car. Other than draglites it looks bone stock. I want to see what you guys have or even have pic's of. I could go sleeper, gasser, or even two tone and drop it. Hell if you got pic's of bitchen gremlins post them too. I'm a car lover. I can respect a pinto if it done up right.

2. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

3. John Denich

John Denich

Spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums world wide... Gremlin's Pacers and Ramblers not quite a Hotrod or Custom!!!!

4. Spedley

Spedley

Wheres that HemiGremmie dude?????????

5. Actually the American sorta fits in. At the 1st HAMB Drags we had the great RamblerRumble. Rocky and Tuck both had Kelvinators, Rockys was a 62 I think and Tucks was a 64 or 5. They made 12000 passes that day until the cigarette fix on Rockys Rad let loose.

6. ttop88

ttop88
    from indiana

I'm getting a Rambler. It is as much a Hot Rod as a Falcon, and there are a shit load of those on here. 64 and 65 ramblers are pretty much the same car. Yeah, it has a small block Chevy that didn't come in it from factory but so do about 25% of the cars on this site. I just thought maybe you guys would show some love for the orphan car that doesn't fit in anywhere else.

7. Hard pushing a rope isn't it? Chill out and enjoy your car.

8. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

There's nothing to keep them from being a hotrod, not traditional by any means but all hotrods are not Model A's nor 32's..

CC

9. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I've posted this before, but since you asked....

Don't expect much love for the Orphans here - 'just the way it is.

Attached Files:

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

well, you find me a pre 65 gremlin and or pacer, and ill take it off your hands! that is what they call a prototype! and you are just being a dink;):p! the idea of someone turning a 64 american into a gasser or custom, is by far cooler then doin it to a falcon or chev 2 if you ask me! try gettin parts cheap for a amc!

11. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Early Ramblers YES! But Gremlins and Pacers?
    What site do you think your on?
    We do Traditional early Hot Rods and later Customs...with a smidgen of Gasser and off brands thrown in for interest.

Sure I'd build a Gremlin as an offbeat street vehicle...but its not a machine for here! Why isn't this obvious to some people?

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yeah....what bill said!:);)

13. storm king

storm king

How about this? Snobs on the HAMB! I got news for ya, kiddies, a bunch of this so-called "traditional" stuff y'all are building is nothing like rods of the past. I'd call traditional a rear drive american car, period.
    Nice Hemi Rambler American, by the way!

14. Actually the HAMB has always been about innovative hard core old school hoodlums. Snobs as you call us. We pretty much have a '64 cutoff date, do a search and figure out why cause if I got to explain it to ya its lost on deaf ears.

I've been catching an awful lot of 70s street scene stuff filtering through here lately and quite frankly it frosts my ass. But don't let that deter ya, call me a snob if you like.

I don't recall anyone ever thinking that a Rambler was hot rod fodder. I do recall a rodded Rambler or two, but no one ever respected 'em. Hell I remember a guy that had a '57 Ambassador with a souped 327 in it when I was in high school, no one thought it was cool at all. It was fast but no one thought it was cool.

Anyway I guess that makes me a snob. Yea f#*k you and the horse you road in on.

15. Don't forget that Rocky's Rambler was on the bottle!

16. 62rambler

62rambler
    from indiana

LOL i have an orphan too. Its a driver thats for sure. Dont tell anyone but i'm running a 60* F.I. V6. Tuns of power and great on gas. Yes i'm losing the getto wheels and going with something a little more traditional. enjoy. lol

[​IMG]

17. I agree with you and think one could make a cool sleeper or gasser. Some do look dorky, though. I did a quick search and I like the Marlins.
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Kurt

18. ttop88

ttop88
    from indiana

Cool ride. Wheels look like turbo PT Cruiser wheels.

19. 62rambler

62rambler
    from indiana

Thanks,Yeah they are eagle alloy copies. They just overpower the look of the car. I had them off of a mustang and thought it was the look i was after. I was wrong. In the process of painting some 15" steelies with trim rings.

20. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

I'm NOT a snob!
    There has to be some basic rules to follow. How would you feel if people started posting about SMART cars, modern RV's or DONKS?

I have a theory:
    If I go to a steak house I must want steak and all the trimmings...your type would have us continuously eating meatloaf and hash no matter where we went!

HEMI's Rambler is absolutely AWESOME!
    But he doesn't pass it off as his main connection to this site.
    His interest in TRAD Hot Rods IS what brings him here.

21. ttop88

ttop88
    from indiana

The rambler ain't my only connection to this site. I may have registered recently but I have been reading on this board for at least five years. My family owns a resto and custom shop. I have a 31 ford full fender 5 window. The old lady and I have 6 cars as is and she recently decided that she liked the old stuff as well. We are looking at selling off two of our mustangs and doing up a 50 Chevy truck to her liking. I go to the trad shows that are within a few hours drive of me and help support the clubs that sponsor the shows. I just thought it would be cool to have a car that everyone else on here doesn't.

22. storm king

storm king

Well, I though I might get a reaction about Ramblers, but I didn't expect to get certain folks panties all in a wad over my post. I appologize for offending a couple of you guy's delicate sensibilities.
    The guy is building a '65 American, not a Donk or RV. I know it crosses the '64 line, but so do others here.
    Two points I'll mention, one; I don't need to make statements using #'s and *'s to cover vulcar, crude language because I can make a point civily without them. Two, I would forward the notion that the people who want only the type cars they are used to seeing here, are the ones who would make us all eat meatloaf and hash. I think a Hemi American is pretty "steak and trimmings" myself, and I think tri fives are pretty well hashed.

23. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

If he had posted this as his first post he would have had no problems at all...

"I recently ran across a 65 Rambler American. It is damn solid. It's been swapped to a 406 sbc and its got a 8.8 ford rear. This is a 2500lb car!!!! Its a 11 second car. Other than draglites it looks bone stock. I want to see what you guys have or even have pic's of. I could go sleeper, gasser, or even two tone and drop it."

It was all the talk of 70's AMC econoboxes that got him in trouble.

Stormking...I'm a dumbass who can't seem to make himself clear.
    You've totally missed the point I was trying to make, and for that I'm sorry.

I'm simply saying that if I want to see late model vehicles, hot Rods, 4x4's...trikes...they all have exclusive sites to find them. This one happens to be about Trad Hot Rods.
    If there were no separation between the Internet sites...imagine what a pain in the butt it would be to focus on what you like. The HAMB line is as grey as it needs to be...but Gremlins and Pacers are clearly outside of it.

I'm not saying one type of car is a T-bone and another is soggy potatoes...

24. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

No...actually Pacers pretty much ARE automotive soggy potatoes! :D

25. ttop88

ttop88
    from indiana

No debating this:D I have not seen a Pacer on the streets in 20 years and its been at least 15 for the Gremlin. That was the attraction. I would love to do a 59-62 GM(any of them, Prefer the olds.)long roof but the old lady says the garage will burn if one shows up in it:eek: And she is crazy enough to do it.;)

26. storm king

storm king

Nah, Hackerbill; sometimes it's hard to make the point you're trying to make on these forums clear, or at least to get the intent across properly. That's why I usually don't make posts like I did here; but let myself slip last night.
    I happens; but that's also why I don't use foul language disguised with symbols...it forces me to make my point based on itself rather than letting anger or ignorance get into it. I probably could have made things better if I went advanced and added some smiley faces to my first post!

27. yeah I'd take a Pacer for sure.

BUT..... I wouldnt take myself seriously in it and I wouldnt talk about it on this board....

28. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Wow...Bitchfest Nationals 2008....
    Here's my AMC powered tradtional -let's do burnouts and dirt donuts til the banjo rear breaks roadster hot rod.....

29. tomslik

tomslik

as a 2 rambler owner, fuck you guys :)