Register now to get rid of these ads!

This younger generation "thinks" they know EVERYTHING.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frank, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Frank

Frank

Some times you want to work and you don't necessarily want any advice. So last night I finally get some garage time and my daughter decides she is going to supervise. I happened to be working on something and standing near the steering box when she comes over, picks up a wrench, starts blabbering something about the steering box then proceeds to PUSH me out of the way to "fix" the problem. I told her there wasn't anything wrong with it, but she insisted those loose bolts had to be tightened up. She didn't think dear-old Dad could handle it so she took over. Notice the smug look. Just can't tell em nothin these days!

But I wouldn't trade this kind of help. :D

Attached Files:

2. Really cute! Are you going to teach her to swear in French now?

3. Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

Phil, in the first picture I think she's telling you to piss off. LOL.

You can't get enough shots of those younger years!

4. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Hooooo-weeee,,, what a little cutie! You my friend are going to have your hands FULL in about 12 years. :D

Enjoy it. They grow up WAY too fast. :(

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

they are so serious at that age arnt they?
    better start cleaning that gun now ..just to get into practice..
    im only a few years away from having to load the one ive been cleaning.
    get em involved young...My daughter loves the old cars..big time.
    it gives me hope for the new generation.

6. DRD57

DRD57

priceless!

7. Frank

Frank

My wife mentioned something about some new vocabulary she has picked up since helping me in the garage. Nothing too embarrasing.

I was more concerned that she started spitting on the floor when see saw me chewing tobacco. I gotta keep her a lady. A princess with wrenches.

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Just don't lettem help with camshaft R&R til they can count to 16...
    And don't lettem use the air wrench til they are heavier than it is.

9. No respect for thier elders, nowadays.-MIKE:eek::D

10. Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

That story reminds me of when I was preparing to build a deck in back of my house a couple of years ago. I placed 1"x 2" stakes in the ground where the posts would eventually go.

After the stakes were placed, my 5 year-old daughter quietly looked the site over for a few minutes, then turned to me and said,

"Daddy, I don't think those posts are strong enough to hold up much of a deck."

Her delivery was hilarious... she didn't know how to break the bad news to me.

11. BJR

BJR

Boy are you going to have your hands full in about 13 more years. Ask me how I know!

12. 53burb

53burb

We do know everything being that the older generation taught us everything!!!!!!!!! KNUX!

13. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

That is great. I can't wait untill my boy can join me out in the garage like that.

14. 30roadster

30roadster

Great Pic's!!! You will love looking back at them... my son is now 8...big changes!

Attached Files:

15. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

I have a nephew just like that!

16. yesterday my two year old was in the shop with me. I was making a dash insert, fit, grind, fit, grind. Every time I picked up the grinder he would say "ready--- HOT" I just about couldn't do it!!!

17. Kingpin

Kingpin

I have a 2 yr old girl and a 4 yr old boy that seem to think the same way. In their mind, they can rebuild a flathead with a roll of tinfoil, a tampon and 2 paperclips. Just ask em........

18. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

I don't know anything really. I just call rusted bolts dirty whores and nod really nicely and pretend to know what people are talking about?
    That's a pretty nice sparkmaker you got there, man. But I got two hangin' under my car.

19. so.ill.

so.ill.

I can't walk out the door anymore without my little girl, she asks me "You going to work on the hot wrod daddy." she no longer picks candy for a prize for behaving in the store since she found the Hot Wheels cars at the register.:D She told my wife Wednesday she didn't want to got to dance class today she was too busy helping daddy with the sparkely new grill.

[​IMG]

20. Psychobilly351w

Psychobilly351w
    from 732- NJ

Haha, this is awsome Great pics man!! Shes to cute!!

21. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

great pics. what a cutie !!!!

22. My son used to "help" a lot when he was that age...wasn't until a few years ago that he started wantin' to help dad again...he's 15 now.

IF I ever have a daughter, she's gonna know how to use both a rather large knife and a torque wrench with equal skill, just in case ol' dad leaves this world a bit too early.;)

23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man, that could be a poster for cool kids! Awesome!

24. Cshabang

Cshabang

My ex girlfriend has 2 sons. The 2 year old (well, three next week) would come sit with me and look at the "hot wods" Didn't matter what kind of car mag I was looking at. We went to a get together and he wanted to sit in every hot rod there. So I told him he had to ask the owners. Well don't you know, he walked right up to a bunch of my friends and asked. I musta carted him around to nearly every car there...His older brother (8) was interested in cars as well, loved going cruising with me. God I still miss those boys....

25. so.ill.

so.ill.

I hear ya!! I got two of them. My two year old, and her little sister who is 9 months old. Thats why i got rid of my f-100 and i'm starting on my new 59 fairlane. I can't keep my 2yr old out of it, but thats why i got it. The local drive-in closes for good at the end of the summer so i hope to have the seat belts in soon so we can go a few more times befor it gone.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

26. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Had my 4 yr old daughter (she is now 25 and happily married) trying to help me put an automatic trans in years ago. She had to raise and lower the handle on the floor jack. Wasn't strong enough then, but was willing to try.

She did however help me again about 10 yrs later doing the same job but could operate the jack fine. Talk about helping. Thank God she helped.

27. Brad B

Brad B
    from Nor Cal

Frank,
    Nice, i let my 6 year old daughter and my 7 year old help all the time. I had the kids welding last weekend.
    As for the language, i just tell them that is what we call "Garage Talk" only to be used in the garage.
    Keep it up, it is the best.

28. Most cool.

My youngest daughter liked to hang out in the garage.
    By 6 she knew the names of all the tools and where they were.

She was really a help getting stuff when I was under the car.

Here she is at 14.
    She could ride the XR pretty good, but really preferred my mildly built TT500.
    [​IMG]

Granddaughter at 18 driving the 32.
    She did like the HP aspect of the car.
    [​IMG]

29. 53 boy

53 boy

everyone knows it takes at least 2 tampons to fix a flathead! kids.

30. diggers4life

diggers4life

Kids are a blast. Here's my three year old "helping" me on the A last fall.

Attached Files: