Register now to get rid of these ads!

SBF Triples adaptor PIX!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by X38, May 1, 2007.

1. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

You know what, X38, I think you can safely tell Lance that he has absolutely nothing to worry about.

-KK

2. This had become such a great weekend soap opera over an intake adapter, I'm sure early speed shops got in to these matches in the 50's-60's also.

Some note for you all..

You must file a world wide patent aside from your US patent.

Get over your invention. Everyone else usually has the same idea about the same time, it's called parallel development. shit happens.

There are tons of intake designs, all of them are some small design change over another. When your granted your patent. The info will be seen then anyone, anyone with money can read the claim, then develop something that is more unique that what is cited within the claim and patent and sell it, legally. Just got to find a loop.
    It's not worth fight someone of over a few "potential" thousand dollars which were somehow yours. Everyone can make something to sell. You've just lost all your HAMB customers CNC-dude.

BTW both designs have some issues see diagram below.
    [​IMG]
    actually I like the Aussie item and was interested untill I saw this whole story, but I'm running a 351W as opposed to a 302.

3. Phil1934

Phil1934

I had posted this idea on the HAMB years ago as I had seen a postage stamp sized ad in a cheap mag for a cast adapter, probably HRMx. That mag went out of business about 10 years ago.

4. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Jesus Christ, did I ever ignite a shit storm! So has anyone run one of these and if so whats the report . By the way I invented the wheel and all of you must stop using it as I have a patent applied for and I wont let anyone else in the world sleep till you all pay me royalties for my genius!

5. Speaking of shit storms. I understand water spins the opposite direction in Australia- like toilets and sinks. Since we're talking about shit storms and manifolds (air flow).

Do tornadoes spin the opposite direction too down there? Living in Texas, the weathermen love to talk about tornadoes. Just wondering which way your hook echos point.

6. panic

panic

On behalf of CNC-Dude: "He prob sent in his app for a patent after he saw that there was another product on the US market."
    I don't think that happened. Why? Because he would have to lie in his application, which is not only a criminal act, but renders the patent VOID.

However: his statement "violation of a currently and already existing protected patent in the US and its protected territories! Their product and identity have been add to the U.S. Customs watch list for imported goods." is puzzling.
    Since there is no patent, one of 2 things is true:
    1. he lied, and made no such statement to Customs etc., or
    2. he did, and committed a felony by falsely making a sworn statement (that the patent was granted)

More: "it is in a pending status, but is still protected just the same as the real deal!"
    No, it prevents someone else with an inferior claim from passing you by and getting a patent. It doesn't prevent him from inventing, producing and marketing the product.

More: What is "a pending status"? Either you do, or do not have a receipt with an index number for your submission, and copies of your application with detailed drawings, list of claims, and references to prior art.

Making a false claim to a patent, even that the patent is pending, is a Federal crimes. Threatening someone with these statements in order to obtain a commercial advantage is yet another crime: extortion, a felony.

When was the application submitted?
    Let me guess: "my lawyer is handling it, and that's what he told me?"

Sitting in your lawyer's desk is not "patent pending".
    Patent pending means that the claim has been perfected and submitted, the fees paid, a receipt received, and is currrently under review by the Patent Office.

7. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

The port mismatch on the 351 lower isn't that bad & can be easily matched with an afternoon & a die grinder.

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Man that is a whole lot of horse shit right there... We need the name the patent was filed under... and when... or what you even called it... can't seem to find anything in the system that comes close to what you're saying...

Of course then you're gonna get hit with prior art.. and there is.. this has been done lots of times before... I've seen four two's in a row on a homemade adapter years ago....

Marty from Northwest speed tried to pull this same shit a few years back...

Not gonna pass muster.... fess up with the info or shut the fuck up...

9. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

am i gunna need a lawyer?:D

Attached Files:

10. 6inarow

6inarow

International patent laws suck. Especially for "patent Pending" items. Its not uncommon for companies doing international business to be hauled into court for patent issues and then having to disclose what their "patent pending" item is. The bad thing is that after you are forced to disclose it you have no protection for what is rightfully yours. Talk about being forced to shoot yourself in the ass.... I dont blame CNC Dude for not disclosing something like that on a board like this.

this is not to say I defend CNC Dude. I would not take X38's side either. I don't have a dog in this fight, and I'll bet not many others that have posted here do either. Let them settle it themselves - its their business. If you want the intake, buy it - who gives a shit? If they break the laws, let them suffer the consequences. they both sound like big boys

11. silent rick

silent rick

so who wants to forward this information to the proper authorities and see if it warrants any action against cnc-dude.

12. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

That would be as much of a bitch-act as what Cnc dude claimed he did - not cool!

13. panic

panic

The only person who, IMHO, has that right is the person he injured - if any injury was done.
    I don't like it, but this is hardly a matter of public safety - like calling in a fire.
    Perhaps he just believed what his patent lawyer told him.

14. Zerk

Zerk

I'm not so sure. A patent number or accurate descriptive document appropriately dated and notarized might convince me that CNC dude had the right to deny anyone the ability to produce and sell those adapters.
    Otherwise he committed what I consider to be an unethical act, and punishing such an act would be ETHICAL.

15. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

It is with great humbleness that I am announcing my most sincere and earnest apology for making a statement that was based on myself not having all my facts straight or accurate. The statement regarding "Mr. Aussies"(Im not trying to be sarcastic, I would address him as Sir such and such out of respect if I knew his name) embargo of his products was made with no basis to it, and with a complete misinterpretation and miscommunication on my part soley from my "newspaper"counsel. Which proceeded to have me open mouth and insert not one but both feet! By me not understanding completely what was told to me! It is now my complete understanding"finally", that at no point was "Mr. Aussie" ever in a situation that would have caused him or his products to have problems entering this country or any other, for that matter. And is my duty to first off, extend my most sincere apology and ask for his most gracious parden. Second, I would also like to extend my most sincere apology to all the members of this forum, for again making statements that I thought to be true and acccurate at the time, but were found to not be so. And causing such a degrading drama not only to myself, but this fine forum as well. I also ask for your most gracious parden. I guess it goes without saying, that a departure from this forum is the next step for myself, I suspect the concensus is unanimous for that..... If anyone ever wants to know what "eating crow" tastes like, I'll let you know.

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Dude that's a mighty big thing to do...

17. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

No sir, its the only right thing to do! I have no excuse, my sincerest apologies to all....

18. Eatin' crow ain't all that bad,,,but it is an aquired taste,

This is the second time that I am aware of unfounded threats made against Hambers under the guise of patent,,,this incident and the other one aimed at me over a friggin' photo claiming I had stole it from his website! :mad:

At some point sanity has to step in,,,,the clown on my back got Ryan involved,,,guess what,,Ryan had my back,,,

Moral to this kind of story,,,,you fill in the blank. HRP

19. metalshapes

metalshapes

I forgive you for misspelling the word Pardon....

20. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Excuses, excuses.

You can apologize all you want but you said you conversed with them prior to outing them here, which they deny.

Considering the rest of the crap you spewed was, well, crap, I'm more inclined to take the word of our Australian brother.

You went a long, long way to look really, really stupid and I commend you on that.

21. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I don't think you need to depart the forum, but I'd hope you'd be a bit more circumspect in your dealings with folks.

Personally, I'd blame it all on an alcohol-induced hallucination...:D

22. You take a pretty rude approach CNC Dude, but to bring this bizarre episode to a conclusion, apology accepted.

Now, what I would like to do publicly is thank all those HAMB family members who took it upon themselves to do patent and other seaches relating to this matter.

Also thanks to those for your pm's of support.

I'd also like to tip my hat to everyone who works away in their backyard garages and goes the extra mile to make cool parts for their hot rods. And for sharing ideas!

23. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

So how does this thing work is it good or is it bad ?

24. nexxussian

nexxussian

Does anyone have any feedback yet on how the mixture distribution is when you're runing progressive linkage (while your running at part throttle)?

25. rab71

rab71

I think a new post needs to be made rgarding the adapter in question as to how to purchase one and how well it works not to mention the technicals such as linkages.

26. HasonJinkle

HasonJinkle

I have one- unfortunately, other prioritahs have prevented me from slapping it on and running it as of yet.
    One thing you should be aware of- you will have to drill & tap your carb mounts. This was not intended as a bolt-on piece, you will have to do some work in order to get it up and running. As soon as I do mine I'll post up the results- but I'm guessing it'll be a ways out before I do.
    As for how to purchase one- it's very easy. Email [email protected] and ask them for a price quote. When I ordered mine, it was US$280. Lance and Angie are very gracious folks to deal with, and they take paypal.

If I can figure it out, anyone can.