Register now to get rid of these ads!

Front engine dragster guys-look in here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by independentcustoms, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Can someone tell me if they have ever seen a setup like this on a front motored car? Looks to me like it is probably off of a rear engine car, because it appears to be center stear. I found this on ebay, and it states that the suspension works good.I don't see a torsion bar, leaf spring, etc. Looks like it's welded solid. Anyone seen a setup like this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Looks rear engine to me. Poorly done but what we built in the 70's and 80's before we had a-arm front ends.

3. monsterflake

monsterflake

are you gonna run that? it looks pretty beat for $200...

4. Wouldn't even consider it. I cruise through ebay once or twice a week and look for interesting parts for one of my many projects, or future projects and a front engine car is in the plans for the future. I pick up good priced shit here and there and set it on the back burner for when the time comes for me to put it to use. I've never seen a front engine car that was center steer and was cusious if anyone else had. That pile of parts that's on ebay looks almost totally unusable. One wheel looks possibly usable, the other one is toast, the steering box might be ok, but is useless in a front engine car, and the axle is shit. I don't see any suspension on it either.

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

scary shit there!
    maybe it was a mis-print in the ad..maybe they ment the steering worked..not the suspension...'Cause I dont see no suspension...i see a death trap!

6. rooman

rooman

What about the clevis/rod/female heim steering linkage? That thing is way beyond scary. Looks like a Stiletto rack and maybe P & S spindles but as much as the rest of it is very used up I would worry about them as well.

Roo

7. hemifarris

hemifarris

Any pics of some your many projects?

8. jbradleyd

jbradleyd

That's the kind of shit that should be scraped before somebody uses it and kill's themself or others. Its Junk

9. skidlid

skidlid
    from motor city

Yup have to agree...one rim, one spindle , the rest please scar it ..otherwise someone could lose an eye or something!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember when you drive your front engine dragster, and if the blower pops, just tilt your head towards the cage and hope it bounces off instead of hitting you.....That could leave a mark!!!!!!!!!!!!