Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. I don't know if this is a Thunderbolt, but I saw this car at a Goodguys show last year. Looked pretty nice.

Attached Files:

2. Race Artist

Race Artist

Attached Files:

3. Thanks Joel!! I've never seen that one before. Glad to see that you found the HAMB!! This group can only benifit from your knowledge and awesome artwork!!!:D

Here is one of Kenny Vogt in T-bolt # 2.

Attached Files:

4. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

5. Anybody have any new T-bolt photos?? With all of the drag car threads going, somebody should have something new!!!

6. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

7. Race Artist

Race Artist

Jody,

The first of two for the thread ... This from Nancy Wilson who hosts the East Coast Drag Times event in Henderson, NC each year.
    http://www.eastcoastdragtimeshalloffame.com/
    Kenny Warren's VA Twister T-Bolt at Aquaso, MD.

Photographer unknown.

Joel

Attached Files:

8. Race Artist

Race Artist

Jody,

Another from Nancy Wilson who hosts the East Coast Drag Times event in Henderson, NC each year.
    http://www.eastcoastdragtimeshalloffame.com/
    Jake King's Atwater Ford ... looks like Suffolk, VA airport strip.

Photographer unknown.

Joel

Attached Files:

9. Race Artist

Race Artist

Nancy Wilson's event flyer ...

Joel

Attached Files:

10. Cshabang

Cshabang

you guys are making me want to put my Comet back on the road.....

11. Race Artist

Race Artist

[​IMG] Earl Wade
    <hr style="color: rgb(153, 153, 153);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Earl Wade in the ex-Ronda T-Bolt from Drag Sport Illustrated 7/12/65. The long bars are easily seen here ... Ronda changed to them in preference over the short lift bars the T-bolts were equipped with. Note that he switched back to the 'glass bumper and ran extensions on the inner headlight rims/tubes to get out into the air.
    Was Fontana an NHRA strip?
    Joel
    <!-- / message --> <!-- attachments --> <fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Attached Thumbnails</legend> [​IMG]
    </fieldset>

12. Race Artist

Race Artist

From a Drag News cover page 7/10/64 ... a 6/4/64 race ... Bill Tanner in his '62 Dodge vs The Strip Teaser T-Bolt. I didn't note the track, just that the T-Bolt finished 3rd place for the night. The way many of the non-NHRA tracks in the South and East ran S/S (still SS/S here) in those days was quite different from class racing and eliminator runoffs. Alot of tracks ran all the S/S-F/X cars for first place money, then all the losers ran for second place, then those second round losers ran for third, etc. on down the line. Alot of the tracks, but not all ... running heads-up of course. I wonder if Tanner's car still had a 413 under the hood?! ;-)

Note too that these cars are not running narrow wheels with low pressure rear tires yet in July of '64.

Joel
    <!-- / message --> <!-- attachments --> <fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Attached Thumbnails</legend> [​IMG]
    </fieldset>

13. AFX427

AFX427

Hi here is some pictures of my 64 Ford Fairlane AFX clone

Attached Files:

14. I saw your car at Carlisle a few years ago. It is one wild Fairlane!! Have you ever dynoed the engine with that induction setup? Thanks for the pics!!

15. AFX427

AFX427

Hi Carlisle is a great show i had it dynoed before we put it in it made 850 hp @ 6800 rpms with out the nitrous .

16. Whatnownc

Whatnownc

Hello to all members.
    This is my first post. I can’t be leave how much info you guys have in this message board. I am looking for any info on a ford thunderbolt that ran all over the south east. This was a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">North Carolina</st1:place></st1:State> car. The driver was Dockie Tripplett I thank the car was red. A photo of this car as it was in 1964 would be great. Thanks.

17. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

18. matt Delio

matt Delio

hey troublemaker, what did everybody leave this site? I'm trying to learn how to scan pics. onto this thing (help from my sis.) I remember two hippies had the shazam t- bolt in'65 or '66 at atco smoked the motor on the starting line seems as though the shifter hung up and that FE saw some revs. it never saw before. I helped push it back in the staging area for a little thrill.

19. Matt,
    I'd like to see any photos you have. I know Fred Henderson pretty well. He was the owner/driver of the Shazam 'bolt. He just built a replica of the car.

20. Whatnownc

Whatnownc

Hello Members
    This is one of the best Thunderbolt sites on the web. There is more info here then any other place I have found. But it seems that there are not a lot of members using it now.
    I have been trying to out about one Thunderbolt that came to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">North Carolina</st1:State></st1:place> that was driven by Dockie Tripplett and the mechanicwas David Watson. Have found out that there were five other Thunderbolts delivered to dealerships in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">North Carolina</st1:State></st1:place>. One was the Atwater Motor Co. &#8211; <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Burlington</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">NC</st1:State></st1:place> there is some info about this car on the internet but the other four seem to be among the missing. I hope to learn more after I meet with David Watson. This is kind of and update on my part to let members know that any info is better then no info about these Ford Thunderbolts.
    Thanks Grady

21. matt Delio

matt Delio

troublemaker how did the party go for mr. bonner, hope you had a good time and took a lot of pics. how's hubert doing? he signed a photo of him blasting off the line with "the littlest georgia shaker" when he was up here for a show last year.nice guy.my car is supposed to be done for the 4th of july but i doubt it.later matt.

22. The party was awesome!! There were 300 people there with some heavy hitters included like Tommie Grove, Linda Vaughn, Dick Brannan, and Charlie Gray. I took a few photos and I'll try to get them posted. The cake was huge and shapped like the '65 Falcon "Daddy Warbucks".
    Hubbert Platt wasn't there. He was home recovering from his heart by pass surgery done a few weeks ago.

23. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Jody, Please post any and ALL the pics as well as a little commetary on the party.....

24. I'll do my best to get them posted tonight. Just a reminder to everyone, Phil will be at Fords at Carlisle this weekend. Stop by and wish him Happy Birthday if you get a chance!!!

25. storm king

storm king

Gosh, don't any of you northeastern guys have pictures of Dobbs Ferry Ford's T-bolt, or Larsen Ford's car driven by Billy Kolb?
    Dobbs Ferry car was F-A-S-T.

26. femadman

femadman

[​IMG]
    Hemphill-McCombs Ford

27. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

I have no idea where this picture came from (someone e-mailed it to me), but it is one of the best looking 64's I have ever seen...I love everything about it...wish I had more pics of it...

Attached Files:

28. Theautorestorer

Theautorestorer
    from Tacoma, Wa

I assembled a real Thunderbolt a few years ago. The car is #58 and we built it as close to original a we could. It is painted exactly as it was when it was raced in Ohio in 64. I posted many other photos in my album. Feel free to take a look and ask questions.

Attached Files:

29. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Whatever happened to the Birthday pics ?