Register now to get rid of these ads!

SBF Triples adaptor PIX!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by X38, May 1, 2007.

1. junior 1957

junior 1957

i just gotta say that your "adapter" is not really the same as an upper manifold offered by the folks in kangaroo land. for one thing theirs has a built in taper to allow for the installed angle of the engine.

2. kustombypook

kustombypook

I believe Dirty Thirty hit the nail on the head.

3. CNC-dude. From the photos, looks like your adapter is for mounting more adapters. Doesn't look anything like their casting. What's your patent number? I'd like to look up your drawings.

4. beatnik

beatnik

I can't see why anyone would want to run a cast efi intake intake, a CNC adapter and then two more cast 2x2 adapters just to run a 4x2 and then you still have to fill in the injector bosses.

It looks completely rediculous in open engine compartment, the things has to be as tall as a tunnel ram, it's just Gay.

I say if you want a 3x2 on a SBF, stop being a cheap ass and just go by the Blue Thunder intake unless your building a Rat Rod.

Attached Files:

5. hoarder1212

hoarder1212

What an awsome Idea!

6. tjm73

tjm73

The CNC one is about as cool as....well....nothing. I'm sure the quality is good, but it just looks blah to me. I don't like the lines or the "feel" of it. I like the one from Australia WAY better.

7. all you have to do is get the guy in austrailia to set up a distributor in canada and they can rebox them and customs wont know and you get a nice aussie part and your ford will thank you for it BILLET SUCKS

8. panic

panic

Please give us some language from the patent claims?
    Or the number?
    Or the holder's name?

9. looks like a completly diffrent design based on a similar starting point to me.

10. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

:mad::mad::mad:

Edit: Temper, Temper, it's just the internet. I still think that sucks

11. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

like his was an original idea. what an ass.from ga also.

12. silent rick

silent rick

what exactly did you patent? that you made another top to an existing manifold? i remember at least two dozen different tops for these 5.0 lower intakes from my mustang days. everything from castings, sheetmetal and poly plastics. how did you get a patent on such a generic undertaking? what is your patent number or are you just trying to scare away the competition?

13. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

So how much for a billet one? Oh wait a minute, I hate billet. Nevermind.

-KK

14. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Charlie at "vintage speed" has his TRI POWER IN A HOUR that put 3 carbs on a single 4 intake, he too has a patent on that is he in trouble too???

15. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Not if he has his own patent, which he obviuosly does!

16. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

The Market for my products in not HAMB, thats why I don't do "stealth marketing" as many other people do the try and slide their stuff in under the radar! Plus, many people just haven't seemed to grasp the concept, that the patent process was introduced into this country in the late 1700's as a way for industry to have their inventions and ideas protected, so they would have sole use of that idea or concept for a set time in the industry. I was merely execising my rights to use of "my" product that our great U.S. of A. has bestowed unto me. Our "aussie"friend made it very clear to me, he had every intention of continuing his "infringement" of this product, even after I offered several "outs" for him. So that $2K, this time could be 3 or 4 next time,and over the course of a year be $10 or $20k, that might be pocket change to you, but its my livelyhood....People always seem to get mad when they get caught doing things they shouldn't, instead of seeing what they have done as being wrong! So you probably think people that make "counterfeit" CD's and rip-off brand name products and sell them at flea markets and on ebay are "innocent" victims, and the companies that prosecute and go after them are being unfair in protecting their namesake I suppose! Trust me, if the shoe was on the other foot and it was your product that was being taken by someone else, each and everyone of you would have done the same or more, so don't try to turn this into a witch hunt. There have been many HAMB members on here recently who have asked advice about this very same topic....DMarv comes to mind,as does another member who had his C.A.R.S. logo trademark stolen by another club, this is no different, even if it is a fellow HAMB'er that is in the wrong!

17. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

You invented adapting carbs to other intakes?
    You...are an asshole.
    wtf?
    How about keep coming up with new, innovative ideas, of your own, instead of coming on here, a market your "not a part of" and asking for ours, so you can just program your fucking machine to crank 'em out, patent 'em ( or at least clain to ), and lock anybody else out of following suit on their own, like you did in your other thread, you phishing bastard...
    rest on your laurels much?

So...what IS that patent number?
    We'd all love to know...

18. tjm73

tjm73

What is your patent number? I would like to look it up.

I'd like to know how you patented an idea that has been so universally and generically a part of the automotive hobby for decades. What makes your idea so unique that it qualifies for a patent?

No offense, but your idea does not appear new enough or innovative enough or particularly unique enough to warrant a patent.

19. Primo

Primo

This has been asked several times and still no answer. We all think you're full of shit CNC-Dude.

Primo

20. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

How is protecting an idea or invention being an asshole! Alexander Graham Bell didn't invent the telephone, but he was the first to patent the idea....so I guess he was an asshole too! Plus, that adapter is a new, innovative idea and product.....over 5 years old. It wasn't concieved after the aussie copy, but before.

21. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Let's see it, looks to me like you've been called out. The lack of a legitimate answer(which was asked to this question tells me that you're full of it.

And what is this crap, you compliment the guy in December, but when you realized people would buy it and not your billet, you pull this crap.

22. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Do a search....

23. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

:cough: :cough: BULLSHIT :cough:

24. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Their's IS different, that makes it NOT a copy...
    And as far as Mr. Bell goes...yeah, probably.

You probably oughtta stick to making stuff for street rods, because I think your market potential looks pretty bleak in this realm as of now.

25. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

I also contacted him discreetly to inform him of the infringement, instead of airing it in public.

26. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

My bad, I meant to say mine was before his!

27. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

CNC you are making accusations against a well respected member of this board that you need to follow up on, so lawyer up and act or shut the fuck up! The fact that it appears you have done niether speaks volumes.

28. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Actually it is in a pending status, but is still protected just the same as the real deal!

29. Primo

Primo

I'm sure DC Comics and their parent company Warner Communications Inc. liked having their copyrighted superman logo ripped off as you go whining about people ripping you off. Or did you ask them for it's usage first?

Attached Files:

30. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Absolutely not, I had several conversations with X38 about the similarities of his intake to mine, and as far as I knew had been resolved. It was just two guys talking, thats all. Everyone else keeps trying to throw fuel on the fire.