Register now to get rid of these ads!

My deuce got smashed today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DRD57, Mar 24, 2008.

1. patman

patman

Any word from the insurance co yet?

2. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

[​IMG]

What's wrong with dem headlights?!?!?!

Good luck Don! Hope the duece is back better than ever.

Is she ready to be mated back up to the original frame yet?

3. DRD57

DRD57

Not yet. Still waiting for the police report.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Don, Hagerty or Grundy?

5. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

your ok. You can fix the car. Glad you were safe. Did your airbags deploy?????

6. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

DRD57, question on the A: How did you get the rearend to set like that? I like the stance, mine is sitting a bit too high and I'd like to bring it down. Sorry about the 32 but, you still have a 32 just a new project. Keep your head up....life is still good man.

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

So Don, you gonna paint her now? Jet Black, I can see her in that color.

8. DRD57

DRD57

I don't know that you want to do it exactly the same way mine is done, I personally don't like the coil overs. I'd prefer a transverse spring any day.

The one key to getting an A to sit like this is the rear frame has to be "Z"ed the height of the frame.

9. DRD57

DRD57

That's a possibility.

10. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

no black, maybe that early ford greyish green color so it looks vintage and not black like so many others. thou that would give us a east and west coast full fender black 32. Randy and Don's, both been thru wrecks.. twins from same father but different mothers..

11. Mopar34

Mopar34

Glad you can get one. I know insurance companies always want them, but where I live the Cops won't usually even stop for an accident, unless there has been bodily injury.:mad: Can't get a report out of them when they do stop either. They give you their card and tell you to tell anyone who has questions to call them at their station. What a waste of taxpayer dollars.:mad:

12. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I'd paint it, but make it so that it was a near to how it had been last time that green was applied. Same EXACT color- nothing crazy with the body work, just nice enough. Red primer so it can chip off again like it did before. and then continue to drive the snot out of it as you always have. Keeps the identity intact- as it should be.

13. DRD57

DRD57

I have been considering that exact plan.

14. DRD57

DRD57

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My insurance adjuster will be here to take a look at it Monday.

15. NoSurf

NoSurf

Stop it! You're killing me....

(Nice flip-flops tho.)

16. Wow! I'll bet that van looked like a semi-truck when it came over on you. That thing looks huge next to the Deuce! I'll bet numb nuts did a quick check of the mirror (maybe?) and looked right over the top of you. He didn't even see you way down there on the ground. Good thing you weren't on the motorcycle. I don't ride my Indian that much anymore, because I've lost some friends the last few years and my neighbor and good friend lost his leg on his Road King through no fault of his own out at Sturgis just last August. He's gone through hell with many surgeries and just got his new leg last week. I'll take sheetmetal damage any day over that.

That street looked like one of the safest, least congested streets in LA. It should have never happened, but you never know what the other guy is going to do.

17. Those are some of the saddest pictures I have seen in a while.

18. What a dickhole...

19. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Gawd that sucks.

20. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Mine got off ... LIGHT ... compared to Don's :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are 32 Ford right front fenders out there ... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

And YES ... I have PMed Don and offered my help. A couple days ago

21. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Man, those last pics make for a sickening site. Hang in there dude.

22. Good to hear you're ok.

I enjoyed the build-up on your website. And I suspect that I'll be reassured that the world can be made a better place once more when you post your rebuild pics.

--Matt

23. nexxussian

nexxussian

Damn! Hate to see the pics, but good for you for getting them, should help with the insurance.

24. Don,,do you remember this?,,,,HRP

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by HOTRODPRIMER [​IMG]
    Don,,,you gotta be kiddin',,,you have got to have the COOLEST model A and one hell of a nice Deuce,,,,If you didn't plan them that way I can't even guess what you had in mind! HRP
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>I was actually planning to leave the KH spokes on the A and do sort of a resto rod theme with it eventually. That got nixed when Carps photoshopped a profile picture of it. When I saw that I changed course to make the car look how it does now. I doubt I'll ever change it.

When I bought the roadster, I originally planned to eventually do a nice shiny painted highboy (I still want one of those by the way). I like patina but, I thought this car had too much of it. Being up to my ass in the Cadillac project, I didn't have the time money or space to do the roadster justice but, it was killing me that I couldn't drive it. So, I decided to just throw it together using whatever I had lying around so I could drive it. I was actually surprised when it turned out as coolas it did.

25. 54EARL

54EARL
    from Idaho
    1. A-D Truckers

So I looked at this the other day and then checked it out again after the T and A post all I can say is son of a bitch.

26. 63Compact

63Compact

Sorry to see this happen to such a nice guy and car I hope all works out OK. Glad no one was hurt.

27. Damn that sucks big time....at least you can fix it....its just time doing what ya love to do...still sux though...good luck...hope insurance comes through big time for ya....
    DougE

28. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I was out of town last week, and just saw this thread for the first time this morning.

My first thought, like Denise, was "If it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have no luck atall!" -- and for sure, you've had more than your share.

On the other hand:
    - You've driven a zillion miles in that thing and enjoyed it immensely.
    - The car is bent but you aren't. Physically, anyway.
    - It's repairable.
    - He had insurance.
    - You have a witness and, I hope, a favorable police report.

Not of that mitigates the fact that you got fucked, and you don't deserve it. But it's not nearly as bad as it could have been.

I don't have any wise stuff to tell you about beating up the other guy, or doctors, or insurance. I do know that you have handled more than your share of adversity, and will do it again.

Is there any upside to the required repair? Any opportunity for upgrades that can make the chore a little more interesting?

It's time for your luck to turn. I sure hope it does.

29. DRD57

DRD57

"Born under a bad sign...I been down since I began to crawl..."

It's not all that bad. "We can rebuild him...We have the technology"

OK, enough corny quotes.

The appraiser that Hagerty sent was here today. Very knowledgable guy who owns a 32 Ford himself. We had a good chat and I think he'll give me a good report. We'll see what the head office says when he gives them his update.

I still haven't settled on a recovery plan. I've got a few different ideas banging around in my head.

30. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

your car looks fairly small compared to that lil' ol' van.. dont it... i hope everything is in your favor (insurance wise)