Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pay it foward = free parts for HAMB members

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axeman39, Mar 18, 2008.

1. thesupersized

thesupersized

damn this is awesome!! wish i came here a little earlier!! i need a 49 chevy overrider... well if it falls through put me in line haha....theres gotta be a way to show everyone easily what is up for grabs.

2. myke

myke
    from SoCal

I guess it's not going to happen. I didn't hear on my item so I am going got hold onto it.

Mike

3. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Myke, if you are waiting for me, I'm shipping today. I'll tell you the cost afterwards and if it is too much, let me know. Just got busy and haven't had time to get to the PO. They area all boxed and wrapped.

4. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Oh cool thanks for the update! I didn't hear anything so I didn't know what to think.

I guess Mudslinger is going to have to start digging. Could you forward me your shipping address?

5. Big Z

Big Z

The first pay it forward transaction is a success. My fuel pump arrived today from axeman39. Keep it going guys.

6. Abomination

Abomination

Hell, I'l take about any '59 or '60 Cadillac parts y'all got... or any '64 Cadillac drivetrain parts. And is you have any Stromberg WWs that need a good home, I'll give 'em a good one (in any shape - give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses. etc). :)

~Jason

7. rixrex

rixrex

What part is up right now?..I'll take it and pass along a 62 Studebaker Lark..OK, I've got alot of smaller stuff I would just like to give away the car to make some room..Yes, there should be a free section in the classifieds...

8. myke

myke
    from SoCal

It's going to be 10 bucks for shipping. What are you putting up for a item?

9. Abomination

Abomination

FYI, corncobcoupe and Curious Rash say to go ahead and place FREE ads in the For Sale section, but instead of a price, put "FREE".

That's what I was told. Maybe if enough folks responded to this they'd change their mind.

Word on the street is that Ryan probably won't do any more changes until the next version of the software this board runs on comes out. But hell, all those in favor, post a reply here:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251944

Maybe if enough people are interested, they may deem it worthy of the effort involved to keep it on the up-and-up. But hell, at least make yourselves heard.

~Jason

10. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Jeff,
    I can use the bumper. I'll post something to pass forward later tonight.

Glenn

11. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

i will buy that plate guard from who ever gets is i been looking for one forever

12. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

If I get the bumper, I will offer a pair (2) of Ford Modle 94 Carb rebuild kits.

Glenn

13. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

If you get the bumper, I'll take the carb kits
    :D

14. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

IM bumping this up. I will get something on here shortly. I have sent the postage money on the Chevy plate guard. I been looking for one for a long time also Chief.

15. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Big Z, I sold my car so I don't need the valve cover. If you have another interested needy one, let them have it! If not, I'll hang it on my wall for the next project but it would probably be best on your wall!

Thanks though and Viva La Hamb!

16. Got the front and rearend out of a 41 Chevy if anyone wants it let me know otherwise it goes to the scrapper. located in so cal.

17. sent twice disreguard.

18. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Okay I have 2 tie rod ends for a 39-54 Chevies. Thats what the box says anyway.
    Genuine parts numbers are
    3692951-L
    3737595-L
    I bought these off ebay a couple of years ago. I think they are a set but not sure?
    Both are in the original GM Genuine Parts box's.
    Post here that you'll take them and PM me your address for postage, then come up with something to give away.
    Sorry I dont have a pic. I made a trip for batteries and got home and the damn thing wont even open my lens on the camera.

19. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

More stuff.
    54 Merc re-pop taillights NEW.
    Post here that you'll take them and PM me your address for postage, then come up with something to give away.

[​IMG]

20. What about a barter system.........would it be a easyer setup ?

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

still up for grabs..danimal sold his 54 so he dont need um. the hubcaps..bumper might be gone it is a rear bumper.

22. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

might be a good idea to come up with an area for this in the classifieds... something like a "Swap it forward" forum?

23. Lucky_mtl

Lucky_mtl
    from Montreal

wow...this pay it forward thing is great but there is way too many of us wanting to trade stuff.. i have lotsa stuff to trade too.. but why wait till someone posts something i want to offer it ? we totally need some kind of internet swapmeet setup... or the pay it forward could be a choice of parts too...... say one of these (ten) items... so the chain is not broken because of an item nobody wants???? oh oh think tank is overheating

24. Lucky_mtl

Lucky_mtl
    from Montreal

also ...how do you know if someone is taking advantage of this ...take the free stuff and list it on ebay for example?? or take the higher value part and offer a piece of crap...
    like..i dunno i ll take the racing cam and offer my old stock cam hahah

25. I think we could jst set up something on freecycle.org. It could be for HAMB members only :)

26. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

slow down... i posted in the comments/suggestions section and brought it to Ryans attention... if its got merit, Ryan will be all over it, trust me.

27. Regardless, I love the idea. I know I'm not the only cheap-ass, errr... budget-minded fellow, on here ;)

28. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

its got some good metal on it still, that could be used for patch panels. id keep it myself but i just dont have the room to keep stuff like this, and i hate to throw old tin in the trash, no matter how smashed up it is. you can have it free, just come pick it up. and i can hold on to it for a week or two, but i gotta give or throw it away soon. the support that runs from top to bottom on the rear is straight and rust free, only has a bolt broken off in it. i can cut that off and ship it if anyone wants it.( dont worry, i wont expect any free parts for posting this,i was gonna throw it away anyway...)
    [​IMG]
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

29. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Looks like I'm taking the 41 Chevy front end.

I have a few things I am gonna throw into the mix here,
    first is a pair of finned aluminum SBC valve covers. I can take pics tomorrow and post them. They are old and came off a boat. Some pitting down nere the head but nothing a little fixing wont take care of.
    Paint them and pollish the edges of the fins (thats what I was gonna do, then I got a big block:eek:)
    They're cool.

I'll think of some more tomorrow when I get to the shop.

30. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Here are 2 cool valve covers for a SBC.

I bet they dont last long, who wants them?:D

Just pay shipping.

Attached Files: