Register now to get rid of these ads!

The road to Billetproof!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dv8, Mar 21, 2008.

1. dv8

dv8

Me and MBL met a few buddies from Venice/Parrish/Bradenton area at my shop and headed out about noon on friday....Some really cool cars...a couple of steel 32's a badass '37 convertible and a sweet taildragging lincoln! All flathead cars except my hemi, and a 351 in the lincoln...with straight pipes, it sounded wicked!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aboneboy met up and rode about halfway with us in his roadster, but had something he had to do, and wasn't able to make the whole trip with us...Here he is with MBL on the road.

[​IMG]

At lunch...we had a couple of other hotrods, and a restored model T show up while we were eating.

[​IMG]

At the host hotel, the place was jumping with some really cool cars...Most notably, Ahotrod's bitchin flaked sedan!!! REAL COOL HOTROD!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Choptop

Choptop

great pics, some amazing cars showing up. Good turn out at the pre-party last night.

Cant wait to see them all on the field this morning.

3. good stuff -i like the picture of the 2 roadsters, side by side

4. wowo! more more!! great pics all ..

5. dv8

dv8

It was an awesome show...Rained at the end, but I understand that it's a tradition!

The internet connection is a little slow here, but when I get home, if nobody posts any pics, I'll try to get some up!

6. dv8

dv8

There are a couple of other posts with good shots of the show...these are the last that I have of the trip up, and some of the parking lot, and trophies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

dv8, the ride looks like the funnest part..

Hopefully next go round I'll be able to make it in my own rod...:rolleyes:

8. MBL

MBL

This was a great show! I do have to say, we had a blast driving up there in our hot rod caravan. Really, even though it was a one-day show, we made it a Fri Sat and Sunday deal. The parking lot get togethers on friday and sat night were great.

Here we are on the drive home...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

taken from the roadster this morning. That's dv8's hemi coupe followed by Burt's tail draggin Lincoln.

Big thanks to all that participated!
    Tim
    MBL

9. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Those are some great pictures guys. Thanks for posting them and, please, more if you have them. Wish we had more time to visit but, I know we'll all get together soon. Thanks for coming! Mike

10. dv8

dv8

I know you guys were busy, but you all always made an effort to stop and howdy when we would bump into any of you...although some had that dazed, deer in the headlights look! :)

11. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

who needs headlights to look like that ...we got the t shirt that say STAFF... lol :D dave

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It was great seeing you guys, John your A is fantastic man.

13. Gator

Gator

We racked up just over 1500 miles on our road to Billetproof , we just rolled in a while ago.

We had a BIG time and made a lot of new friends - I even got to meet Nads.

14. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

jon,
    thank you and all the other guys for the trophy. i'm really proud of it. your car is really looking great.
    dan

15. MBL

MBL

Dan...That's a great 1957 DeSoto Mill ya got. We know you're driving the crap outta that sedan. Congrats on a well deserved prize...Hope you like Tikis. :)
    Tim
    MBL

16. dv8

dv8

Thanks guys! It was great seeing you all, and meeting new people!

I have no business owning that model A :)

17. MBL

MBL

The Sleep Inn parking lot was a happening place from Friday afternoon till Sat night.

Here's the lot when we rolled in on Friday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wish I had taken more shots of the night before the show. That place was jumping!

Here's some shots the night after the show:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rain put only a slight damper on things.
    Tim
    MBL

18. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

I can't wait until next year! it was the best show I have ever participated in! :D

19. bzt

bzt
    from venice fl

hey guys i got some more photos that i took to add to the collection. i never have much to say but the ride up with you guys was unbelievable. tim your roadster is so much fun but it puts my ass to sleep. i took a bunch of pictures so this may take a while. i also have some on my phone i need to send to someone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. bzt

bzt
    from venice fl

i forgot i have a lot more of the actual show i'll post later. awesome show. talk to you guys later.

21. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

cool ass pictures dude thanks for posting them

22. dv8

dv8

Thanks for posting more pics John...Glenn's sedan has some amazing details. I especially like the spring, and motor mounts!

23. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Cool pics dude! Thanks for sharing! That was the best show i've been to yet!

24. AHotRod

AHotRod

Geeee, THANKS for the kudo's guys! I wish there was more time to chat, we have a lot to talk about. I was so happy to get my Sedan done the night before we had to leave to get there on Friday morning........ what a rush.
    We will have an appreciation gathering one of these days soon, and you all will be invited. :)
    Glenn

25. THEKID49

THEKID49

Nice pics. It was good to meet you guys Sunday morning while checking out the Hudson. Hope you had a good ride home.

26. Gator

Gator

EVERYWHERE you look there's more to see. Even the mirror mounts have holes in them!

27. MBL

MBL

Dude. that Hudson is great. Nice to see you kept the original mill and it is serving you well. You guys need to bring that thing up for the NSRA show in Oct. We made it home without a hitch...nice drive down 301.
    Tim
    MBL

28. dv8

dv8

It was great meeting all you guys as well! What an awesome weekend! AND....The flu held off until monday night!

29. Jon, Tim good to see y'll on the friday nt, sorry we could not hang out on the sat, (work )
    Jon hope you feel better soon dude, Tim i love your 'T' i'm glad it ran ok there and back. Great pix on the drive up to.

30. dv8

dv8

A couple of more from Burt & Sue in the Lincoln...

Attached Files: