Register now to get rid of these ads!

7 inch or more chop/model a coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coopsdaddy, Mar 20, 2008.

1. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

i know its been done but i need some inspuration,lets see some heavy chops on 30-31 coupes

2. JimSibley

JimSibley

Not a coupe, but heres 7 inches in a 29 tudor.

Attached Files:

3. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

Jim,.. have you got any other pictures of that A bone ?

5. Loudpedal's famous old coupe had a 8" chop. Do a search for it under "Green Grenade". I'm doing a 6" chop on my '31. I did the research too and 6" seemed to be the best looking, realistic heavy chop. The 8" on the Green Grenade looked killer but there was lot of other unique work done to the body to make it all come together including "de-sectioning" the doors.
    -Dean

6. Muttley

Muttley

A friend of mine is putting the finishing touches on his Coupe with a six inch chop, the windshield is so small I dont see how you could realistically operate it with a chop any larger.

7. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

7" is a hell of a lot of hight gone... then again, I'm 6'4" so I would never even consider it.

3"-4" = perfect

8. [​IMG]
    My old model a from a few years back chopped 7" and channeled 4".

9. AD

AD

so coool

10. GatorO'dell

GatorO'dell

Better buy a chain link steering wheel!

11. JimSibley

JimSibley

I have a ton of pics from when I built it. heres a few. if you want more I can email em.

Attached Files:

12. very cool jim..

13. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

fuell10922 i love it,thats what i want,i have thought about some body mods like green grenade but would like some more details on the de section,i know he used sedan doors,any body know or have pics of where he cut the body around quarter panel

14. Well a photo-chop done for me.

Attached Files:

15. Dago Red

Dago Red
    from Delaware

When they're chopped that far, the only way to avoid having a stupid-looking car is to fix the shape of the quarter windows.

And even then, it's only marginally drivable.

16. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Thats sexy Jim.............

17. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Are you guys serious ??

This car is grossly out of proportion !!

Rad shell way to high, wheel base way to long, tail lights are terrible.

I cant say anything about the build itself or ther man that built it cus i have never seen it in person...

But MAN !! 'OL STOOL RODZ had a HUGE influance on this car.

People really need to be careful when chopping a car this much, I dunno if i would do mine as far as i did if i was to do it again.. I went 6" & 6" Channel & its a tight squeez to get my Fat Ass in there.

Real attention needs to be addressed on chop, wheelbase, & alignment of ALL your body parts such as the rad shell.

Spend the extra Couple Hundred on a dropped axle & run the spring on TOP where it belongs so your wheel base isnt stretched way out there.

I am sure there will be plenty of TRUE rodders that will jump my ass, but this stretched out stomped on out of proportion look is Terrible to say the least.

But then, What the fuck do i know.... Im sure 99% of the guys here dont like my Shit Box either....

18. lackluster

lackluster

Yep, I'm serious, I like it!!!

19. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder , but i like Jins car , right down to the bullet holes in the door , heck i might go shoot up my impala.

20. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

21. Thats why I love my Whippet. It was factory 9" front window so I could only chop 3" which left me 6" out the front window. I channelled it 4" and still have about 4+" above me. My 300 lb 6'4 friend sat in it and he had a clear 2" above his head and thats with 2" of material above the frame and a 1968 Firebird bucket seat in it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. JimSibley

JimSibley

Damn dude,
    Didnt your mom ever tell you to keep your mouth shut if you didnt have anything nice to say? I have built hundreds of cars. This one was done a little out of the ordinary. I thought that was hotrodding?
    Heres a few more of my cars. Please feel free to be a prick and bitch about them as well. By the way i did everything on these cars from start to finish. The last pic is what I started with on the gold car.
    Im sorry about the rant, but all of this burning on other peoples cars is just uncool.

Attached Files:

23. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

daaaammn Jim, that grey 30-31coupe is wicked!

24. Lucky77

Lucky77

Um, yeah DE SOTO you're right. Those heavily chopped, slammed down, long wheel base sedans are fucking disgusting. Here's my rancid piece of shit. It's chopped 6" the wheel base is 115" and the whole car is about 46" tall.

Attached Files:

25. cruzr

cruzr

Hot Rodding is all about individualism.........

that being said, i also subscribe to not saying anything about someone eles work if it isnt pleasant. if we all built "cookie cutter" cars it wouldnt be Hot Rodding.

I personally like very traditional Hot Rods and i dont get out of the "old rules" package, but i enjoy the creativity and workmanship of cars that dont fit into that mold.

26. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

I'm guessing by the lack of pictures,there ain't many coupes chopped that much?
    I had a 30 sedan that was chopped a bunch.(got it that way)
    Went and had a visit with the new owner...sat in it with the seat,
    it's going be tuff to drive.
    Very hard to see out of.

Attached Files:

27. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

thats what i figured,but i LOVE the green grenade and thats the look i want only with 1 inch less chop,i would like to know exactly what he did in the quarter panel area...if its not this it has to be a hammered lakes chopped 32 3 window,and i dont have one of those

28. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Quinton...you just sat in a 5" chopped coupe...do you REALLY want to go 7"?... remember, you're taller'n me...;)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  29. 5" is a HUGE chop on a coupe. Sedans can handle 6" Think about driveability. The first few times ANYONE rides in a chopped car they have a tendency to "hunker down" when looking out anyway.