Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pay it foward = free parts for HAMB members

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axeman39, Mar 18, 2008.

1. axeman39

axeman39
    from Saco Maine

Ok, Guys & Gals listen up!
    I have done this on another forum, and it works.
    I am going to start this up by offering up a Free for the taking 392 Hemi stock fuel pump to the first HAMB member that wants it, All that is required to complete the deal is that the person taking this part has to offer up another HAMB friendly part for free, so this will continue endlessly. The person taking the part offered will be responsable for picking the item up in person or paying for shipping only. Shipping to the lower 48 states will be $8.95 for this item as this will fit in a flat rate priority box that they give away at any post office. Now who wouldent like to get a free part? who wouldn't like to do something nice for another HAMBER? And make a little more room in your garage at the same time. Everyone has something that they know deep down inside that they will never use, so offer it up!and lets get this thing rolling, no item to big or too small! First one to pm me gets this pump![​IMG]

LOU WELLS likes this.
  2. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Great idea. I dont need this particular item, but have a few things to add if someone might have something of use to me. Lets get this going- excellent post!

LOU WELLS likes this.
  3. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

this is a great idea, and if i had a need for a 392 fuel pump i would take you up and keep it going..

4. Flatman

Flatman

I don't need the pump, but I've got to say this is a cool idea!
    Kudos to you!

Flatman

5. zzford

zzford

I am holding out for a steel 32 roadster.

6. axeman39

axeman39
    from Saco Maine

Forgot to add.... Mods if you think this is against the rules please delete it, but if you think it is deserving of a sticky please do!

7. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

I've given stuff away to people who said they needed it and then sold it.
    I think this is a great idea but only if you REALLY NEED the part. If you sell it the karma is gonna suck!!:D -stick

8. axeman39

axeman39
    from Saco Maine

I think most people here are honest enough to do this properly. Seems to me anyone that pulls a really bad move on here gets run off pretty quick:D

9. Brandi

Brandi

I agree. This is a great idea!

10. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Awesome idea! This will hopefully get a sticky but how can we keep a tally on what the current item is? Maybe Ryan can hook us up and change the title? Or we can just keep checking the thread. Got my attention, I'm in!

11. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

:eek: :D

12. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

We should probably keep non "Ill take it" posts out so people dont have to fish through pages to see whats available.

13. elwood blues

elwood blues

This is the kinda stuff thats what real hot rodding should be all about! I'm going to look threw my stock of old parts and do the same thing!

motorhead748 and LOU WELLS like this.
  14. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Cool Idea!
    I will be out in the shop this weekend.
    sure i got somethin some one could use.

LOU WELLS and meengrinch like this.
  15. I've given TONS of GREAT old ford parts and printed info to hambers over the years, this is not a new idea just something that goes on behind the scenes. I think it may even be better to give something to someone LOCAL whom is building a car and needs a part out of your stash. I have this FREE, vintage Shell billboard to the first guy whom shows up with 12 cans of beer to drink while we load it up.

Attached Files:

16. Noland

Noland

17. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Count me in too. I'll look around and see what I've got.

18. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

A. Its a fuel pump.

B. If you take the current item, then you list your item up. Otherwise it will get really confusing with items flying everywhere.

Or am I missing something?

19. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I wasn't trying to be a dick, but a million people could list a million different things for free and the whole point of the event will be lost. Easy.

20. DeVille472

DeVille472
    from GA

yea... but what if no one needs the damn fuel pump? ;)

21. With this pump you can take the stock lower part off and bolt on a high voume unit. I ran one like it for five years, worked great. C'mon hemi guys.

22. axeman39

axeman39
    from Saco Maine

Since I started this, I should make an attempt to clarify things. I think its ok for others to offer up parts, Yeah there may be several parts up at the same time and you may have to surf the HAMB a little to sort thru but the parts are being offered FREE! When you see something you could use just pm the owner and ask if its still available. Heck on the other board there are even people offering some small services for free such as artists renderings and small item painting or powder coating etc, not everyone has a sandblaster but those that do could offer up a free 1/2 hour or something. This should be fun and benefit everyone involved.

23. Shoprag

Shoprag

Maybe we could get a section for this in the classifieds and I think the part you want shouldn't be delivered until the part you are giving is posted. Love this idea. I have some stuff I can add.

24. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

I wish I needed it!

25. axeman39

axeman39
    from Saco Maine

bump, for the morning shift.

26. I'll take it. Not sure what I'll dig out. Tune in tonight to find out what you can get for the shipping. Be ready to ante up!

27. I'll post up a Wiend tunnel ram 2x4 for 460 Ford , You pay shipping.:D

28. Kinda like Freecycle, but on item at a time... HAMBcycle.

29. axeman39

axeman39
    from Saco Maine

Hemi fuel pump is gone! Kerry is the new owner.

30. Big Z

Big Z

Shit. I guess the 354 is getting a later chrysler pump and a spacer. Oh well!!!