Register now to get rid of these ads!

Big Olds Does the Detroit Autorama 2008

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Mar 16, 2008.

1. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Awsome coverage as usual....looks like ya'll had a total blast. Thanks for giving me something to do this morning, now back to work.....

2. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Another incredible photo-essay!!! :cool:

It was a HUGE weekend, lotsa fun, people, cars and stories...and you captured it all perfectly!!

:)

3. Congratulations for the Big win by the Big Olds! What a saga!
    Looks like a good time was had by all. Wish I was there.

4. I think there is a 'Service Station" around First and Fort streets.
    You could almost push it from there.

5. ryno

ryno

thanks and congrats!

6. bigken

bigken

Killer coverage of the show, and the 'Squirell Party', too damn funny there........
    Congrats on your awards, you earned 'em.
    cya in a couple...........

7. Great post Denise! Looking forward to seeing you and Megan in Wayland in May for another chapter of Girls Gone Wild! Love ya', doll!

8. Brandi

Brandi

AWESOME!!!! Big Olds looks gorgeous - a very deserving award winner!!

9. Hey Denise,

Thanks for ragging on me! :D

I wish I could have made it. :( After a 12 hour drive through that freaking snow storm and no sleep, hopefully you will forgive me. I promise when I am at the Showdown I will be more upright.

— 73LightWeight

10. sinticket

sinticket

Hello Denise, Thanks for the coverage! You are one of the most awsome chicks I have ever met. Last weekend was one of the greatest weekends EVER!!!! The show was great, the GM tour was great, and the party at your house was kick ass!!! It was very nice of you to show pics of the 31, mention the awards, and even mention Sean on the post...Thanks alot, that was very kind of you! We had a wonderful time and cant wait to meet up again sooner than later. YOU REALLY NEED TO COME TO NC!!!! You know you and Megan have a place to crash and we have plenty black rubber gloves...lol!!! Take care sweetheart! You are the greatest!

11. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I cant quit laughing about that damned squirrel doing the Jello shot. That pics a keeper. Somebody needs to use that as an avatar.

12. kisam

kisam

Great post Denise! Thanks for all you do. See you soon.
    Kathy

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

That photo is compliments of ThirtyFivePickup. If you remember way back in 2005 when I did the R&C Aspahlt Egorama he was the one that photoshopped that bear I saw with my hubcap in it's mouth.

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying the Autorama coverage and I'm thrilled so many HAMB friends were able to attend. Hopefully next year we'll have even more there.

14. A Boner

A Boner

Another over the top thread.......the big Olds looks fantastic.......thanks for the pic of the "old" Bob Knaack knee high "T" :)
    Thanks again, Dennis

[​IMG]

15. johnnylonghair

johnnylonghair

Always a great time with my future X-wife, and mud wrestling tag team.( Denise and Megan) See ya in May. Let the games begin!!!

16. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Great cars and photo's Denise, but the squirrel story is fucking hilarious. I'll be thinking about that all week. Gary

17. pitman

pitman

Too good Mr. Frank! So many great photos from the show...and the hosting party! Nice to see the license plates up in the kitchen...Great job Denise!

18. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Great Pictures and a great post, your car is so sweet.

19. Superb coverage,of another HRLC Adventure!!! Someday,i hope to thank you in person,because the "THANK YOU" online,just doesn't measure up to the incredible efforts and dedication,you generously display for this community of hot rodding. ;)

20. Lucky77

Lucky77

Man, going through this post just makes me smile. This was one of the best weekends I can ever remember having. Thanks Denise for recording for history the whole event, and congrats on Big Olds, he looked fantastic. By the way, I DO NOT remember that killer 400lb. squirrel stopping to do a Jell-O shot.

21. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

What a great time !!! I'm so stoked to go back again! I just dont know if It'll happen.
    Meeting Chopolds and the rest of the Kopper Kart crew was a highlight for me. That crew kicks ass! Unless you look through their build book you have no idea of the creativity and hours that went into that sucker. I've never met so many Hambers- Trying to remember everyone is impossible The fact that everyone has a screen name and a real name makes it even harder... and then there's that alzheimers thing I got goin'.
    The Strange Days crew had the time of our lives. We have you to thank Denise. Oh yeah, Bring a firesuit to the salt in 09- I think I got an idea on how to partially pay you back.
    Thanks everyone for making us feel like we belonged. SUPER!

22. Blue

Blue

Abso-bloody-lutely awesome!! Congrats on the win Denise. You deserve so much more.

23. Matthimself

Matthimself

Great writeup, Denise. Thanks again for your unbelievable hospitality. It was great to meet you and all the other HAMBers. Autorama was my first HAMB event was such a blast I can't wait to go to many more.

24. abonecoupe31

abonecoupe31
    from Michigan

Looks like you had a ball Denise! I used to have a few good squirrel recepies....

You suiting up for the drive in Big Olds reminds me of my many trips in the winter made in my '28 A Woodie...just dress for the occaision!

I always wanted to make the trip to Cobo for the Autorama, maybe next year! This winter I was sidelined by some heart surgery, but I'm making a good recovery and starting to do a new chassis for my chopped 31 A coupe.
    With any luck I'd like to have it rolling this summer.

25. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Wow. I was there and I don't remember all that stuff. It was great meeting so many if the guys and gals. Like Chaz said, there is no way I will remember everybody's screen name much less their real names. What a great weekend, one I'll never forget. Thanks everone for you great "northern" hospitality. I had a super time. Denise, thank you for everything. The HAMB greets, the party, this thread and especially your friendship. See ya this summer.

J.

26. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

another awesome thread denise!!!! :)

27. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

Finally! Another one of Denise's novels is released! I agree with Lucky77, "puts a smile on my face" all over again. Thanks again for everything.

Can't wait to see you all at the Rumble...I know Denise and RBRoadster will be there and hopefully many more of our HAMB friends.

Megan...VonDust feels left out...show us the other side of your purse. :D

28. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Denise it sure is nice to see a name with all the faces. Great job.

29. fef100

fef100

Denise, I was feeling let down because I missed the show. I was snowed in, and had just finished 2 1/2 hours of quality time with the snowblower when the plow went by, just as I ran out of gas. Shovelled for another 1/2 hour, got some gas & spent another hour finishing up. That put me to noon, meaning it would have been about 3:30 by time I got to COBO, so I decided to pass.
    Now I know I missed a ton of fun, but my pain was eased when I saw your post. Great job as usual. One of these days I hope I will actually get to meet you.
    Congratulations on the Best in Class with Big Olds. A very deserving award.

30. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Great coverage of one of the best wknds to date. I've never met so many HAMBers in one trip. I can't even remember them all. 57Joe said it best, not one minute of the wknd was a let down, just different degrees of awesomeness. Denise thank you so much for having us at your house, that was great. I'll see you at the Roundup and next year at Autorama again!