Register now to get rid of these ads!

the best excuse youve heard for not for sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by restin&rustin, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. restin&rustin

restin&rustin
    from illinois

i know someone tell me why dont i ever post anything useful bla bla bla.i know weve all heard those excuses that make us leave shaking our heads.:cool::eek::eek::eek::cool:

2. Larry T

Larry T

Quite a few years ago, I heard that a local guy had a junkyard 58 Chevy for sale. I had a tri power 348 setting in the corner and figured the two might fit together pretty well. I ran into him one day and asked him "How much?" His answer--"Yea, I was gonna sell it until I heard you were interested in it, so I decided I'd better keep it."
    Larry T

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

"Do you see a sign on it"

4. restin&rustin

restin&rustin
    from illinois

nice i saw my brother tell a guy youre old and youll die soon so ill just buy it on the estate sale.

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I do not know about the BEST but ...

1) I am going to fix it up one day ( from a 80 plus year old guy ) with a 1932 Ford 3W coupe.

2) My daughter's step son wants to make a RAT - ROD out of it ( 34 Ford 4 door and NICE ... :( )

3) I would sell it ... but I cannot find the title ( after telling him 4 or 5 times ... I DO NOT need the title )

4) I promised the guy I got it from I would NEVER sell it :confused: ( the last time it was tagged was 1962 )

5) Ain't going to sell it ... cause I LOVE for your d@#^ hotrodders to want it and can not have it ... 1940 Ford coupe

6. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

"My son said he's gonna fix it some day."

"My wife sold it to her friends husband." -Like a guy would EVER
    let that happen!!!!!!

Brian

7. Rolf

Rolf

...it's going to be my retirement...

8. restin&rustin

restin&rustin
    from illinois

the best ive personaly heard was " its not for sale cause the wife hates that thing and im hoping i can get HER to leave"

9. "get out of my fucking yard!" Sometimes reinforced by the forearm click of a 12 guage. Times like those, excuses aren't needed.

10. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

here's a downer...

"that was my son's....he died....."

11. i stopped at a place to check on a 49 merc 2 door sitting in the woods close to the house. it is one of those places you really don't want to knock on the door. it's like he knew what i was going to ask before he opened the door. i asked if he knew anything about the merc in the woods and he said " if the fuckin' thing was for sale, it would be in the fuckin' front yard with a fuckin' for sale sign on it!" it's still sitting there. i found out later that i know the guy he bought from in 1979. he gave $1500 for it. shinny black, drove it for a couple of weeks and parked it where it is.

12. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

"I'm going to sell the whole car--I don't want to sell any parts off it."
    "It" was a '65 Wildcat with a 401 and finned front drums. "It" was in a junk yard...smack in the middle of the yard, in a row, amongst all the other cars that were actually being parted out. You know...like a junk yard does.
    "It" was crushed three weeks later. I wanted to buy the rocker arms and shafts, timing chain cover, intake and drums. It went with all it's goodies, including the full interior, and perfect front bumper and grille.

-Brad

13. gonmad

gonmad

Not a "good one", but one that I heard and had to apoligize and walk away.
    "It was my son's and I won't sell it because he never came back from the war"

14. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Heard this more than a few times lately, "Nope, not that car...do you know what them are bringin' at that barrett jackson auction?" I always pretend I've never heard of that auction, and keep asking what it would take to buy it. Persistence, might pay off....might get you shot!!

15. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

there is a thread on here about a chopped 49 or 50 Plymouth coupe the owner said he wouldnt sell it "because his dog likes to live in it". i mean what the heck are you gonna say to that?!?

16. The guy told me yea i bought it new. Then told a long winded story about it and that he couldnt drive it because he was to old to afford insurance and that it could be driven any where he even started it up. then it wasnt for sale because he enjoyed telling guys like me that it wasnt for sale. I think he was just lonesome and wanted company. It was a 65 chev pk . We bought it at his estate sale after he died for $700.oo . We still have it my wife drove it to work for three years.:cool:OldWolf

17. Bigblock351w

Bigblock351w
    BANNED

i think we''v all hear the " im gonna restore it one day" thing before.

but this one annoys me the most... " your to young to know what it is and
    how to treat it" (late 30's (can tell exact due to missing grill front bumper and a bush in front if it), hudson pickup truck... my dream car) ... i almost killed him.. .. almost.

18. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

tHE BEST ONE I WAS TOLD "YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY'' .............
    WHAT ARE PEOPLE THINKING OF !

19. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I have heard that one also ... So I asked him how much was enough ?? The price he quoted was about 1/4 of what I would have offered ... so I said FINE ... and counted out the $$$ ...:)

He went and got the title and I loaded it up ... :D :D

20. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

So..... how old is your dog?

21. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

There was a 55 chevy Bel Air in a back yard not far from where I live, my dad told me that car had been there since 1956. The guy that bought it new got killed in Nam. Two years ago his mother passed away, when the car was moved, it literally fell apart into pieces when they tried to move it. I had stopped there in the 80's and asked that woman if she would sell it, she threatened me with a shotgun and called me a no-count sumbitch, and to get out of her yard!

22. Harms Way

Harms Way

When I had the "decoy" in the back yard, and guys would come to the door, I gave them every lame excuse in the book of why it wasn't for sale ;), all the ones I had herd through the years,... and worse, I told a guy, "I'd like to sell it to ya' but where would all the cats sleep?":rolleyes:,..... I had a lot of fun with that thing ! :D

[​IMG]

23. Harms Way

Harms Way

Wow, If he was fighting in Viet Nam in 56 :confused: he had to be really hard core !,.... or French,.....:D

24. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Ha ha, that's cruel.:D I thought about doing that with the old A roadster body and frame I sold last month, just to see how many people would stop. I bet you had a ton of people stopping for a deuce, All the more fun to play dumb too!

25. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Hey man I don't know, I think dad said he went in the army in 56! I don't know what year he got killed! I guess his mom used it for a memorial.

26. Harms Way

Harms Way

I would tell them "It was there when I moved in,.... I just haven't got around to scraping this last one yet :eek:, I scrapped the other ones first cause they were heavier, but they made me take all that aluminum stuff off the engines first and throw it in a separate bin:eek::eek:;),..... after all scrap steel was around $38.00 a ton at the time".:cool:

It was actually a rough glass body on a tweaked frame with all left over junk parts on it,..... I guess it was kinda mean.:D

27. dart165

dart165

about 5 years ago i was driving across the country with my old man, and we came across a supper cool old cat on a back road in Utah with about 40 mid 50's -mid 60's iron in his back yard. He had some pretty cool stuff, but mostly ford and gm. We are both mopar fans and he told us of a guy he knew up the road with a 4 speed big block gtx conv. that been sitting for years. Now, neither of us are super big into the later b-body cars, but opportunities are opportunities, so we took a ride up the road. Sure enough there it was covered in dust and pigeon shit, wasting away in a quansit hut. We knocked on the door of the closest double wide, but got no answer, when outta nowhere this red haired little scruff ball appears and starts yelling at us about how we shouldn't be snooping around stuff thats not ours. Mind you the kid was probably 10 years old, but he kept repeating the same thing over and over. There might as well have been dueling banjos playing in the distance somewhere, as deep as we were in the cut. Long story short we both decided that the attitude of the stubborn little bastard would prob be close to his fathers reaction to our presence and we got the hell outta there. The car's probably still rotting away in that same spot today..

28. JimSibley

JimSibley

I walked up to a place that had at least 80 trucks from the mid 30s to late 50s. the guy answers the door with a big loud , F#$K y#o and then before I can even ask him anything he yells, Im gonna build every damn one of them!!!!and slams the door in my face.

29. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

that wouldn't be around mona utard would it?

30. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Look dude, sorry if I got my years crossed, I did too many drugs in the eighties, plus I'm getting this info second hand from my dad. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.