Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 1956 1957 chevy 2dr front bench seat question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kurts49plym, Mar 15, 2008.

1. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

I'm picking up a 55 chevy hardtop that is missing the front bench seat. Do all 3 years (5, 6, 7) 2 dr seats look and mount up the same? I would redo the seat in a custom pleat design.

Thanks in Advance-Kurt in Durand, IL

2. The seat shells are different for the 57.

3. R Pope

R Pope

Yes, any one of them will fit. A coupe with a post will fit your HT too. If you're recovering them anyway, try some buckets from a wrecker, Celebrity or some such, and get six-way power.

4. c57heaven

c57heaven

Those seat bring 500 +-. The resto guys want them.
    Use something else. 63/64 Impala seats look real nice in a tri five. Though those can command a decent buck too.

5. Tony

Tony

Exactly. The 55-56 seat's are more rounded at the top where your shoulder's are, to where the 57's are more tapered to a point up there..But all with bolt in.
    57's are the most expensive from what i've seen being a one year only seat..
    I'll agree with the Impala bucket's as well.. Because of the thickness of them they are a natural in 55-57 chevy's..they look and fit the car nicely in my opinion.
    Tony

6. Nomadness

Nomadness

55-56 the same except upholstery, cost usually up to $500.00. 57 cost usually up to $700.00.

7. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Even the Poncho seat will fit

8. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

Yes, that 63-64 impala buckets may look nice. :rolleyes: Maybe throw in the console too which was a popular thing to do back then. I was unaware the PONCHO would be a bolt in. Kurt

9. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

The Poncho seat will work, but the Side Trim is almost non existant. The lower is an egg shell thin plastic and impossible to find in any kind of shape. The upper wraps around the sides to the back much farther than the chevy. Stick to the Chevy seat if you can. Also, the floor Pan is different and the Pontiac seat Tracks much lower in the front. My wagon had Honda Buckets in it when I got it. Finding a bench was tough.

Ed Evans
    Hebron Indiana
    56 Pontiac 860 2 door wagon.

Wanted: 56 Pontiac Bench Seat Side Trim & Rear end Center Section!

10. 2-TONED

2-TONED

i was at a swap meet this past summer 07 & there were at least 6 - 2 door front seats for sale for 55-56-57. i could have bought a nice black roll & pleated 55 seat for 350 missing 1 of the 4 seat shells. (dont know why i didnt buy it)

swap meets are a good place to buy them. the sellers are sick of toting them around cause they are a pain in the ass to carry around.
    make sure all 4 metal seat shells are on them also flip them over & look ar the springs (rusted or broken) --- i see seats priced at all different prices. 350-400 is what they seem to sell for.

4 door seat tracks are the same & you can cut 4 door shells down to fit a 2 door.

an original front seat in a tri 5 is a MUST HAVE!

11. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I have a 55 chevy two door post FRONT SPLIT BENCH SEAT and all the hardware ,if someone needs it,

12. jekl

jekl
    from colorado

wetatt4u

Do you have pictures of the front bench seat? And how much do you want for it including shipping?

Thanks
    Justin