Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Stock-S/S-F/X 1959-1966

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Race Artist, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Nope,not at all.Just wondering how and when you got the shots with the scrapbook and writing.How did you do that?
    Good they are out there.Got a whole lot more but lack time,know how to post.

2. I've posted this one here before, but it's still a very cool photo. Four-wide! Unknown credit...

Attached Files:

3. At least! :) Couldn't find my "before" scans.

Attached Files:

4. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

This is all I have to contribute. My uncle took this picture at Mason Dixon Dragway Maryland, looks like Dick Brannan's Galaxie, maybe someone here knows the car in the opposite lane.

[​IMG]

5. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Troublemaker427 this is a good photo you posted also from Mason Dixon Dragway.

6. bkhpah

bkhpah
    from Latrobe PA

I believe thats the Jenkin's /Strickler Z11..BKH

7. Yes, that photo is of the Strickler owned/driven, Jenkins tuned '63 Z-11 at Mason Dixon. That same shot in black and white is in the '63 Eastern Drag News Annual. That is a great color shot!! Thanks for posting it.

8. Keep them coming!!

9. fordflashback

fordflashback

Great thread, but where's all the Fords!?

Dick Brannan's Goldfinger, possibly at Milan. Daryl Huffman photo.

[​IMG]

10. noboD

noboD

This thread's about FAST race cars, son!

11. fordflashback

fordflashback

Hmmmm, I didn't realize that. Thanks for cluein' me in, dad!

12. Judd

Judd

Yep. Thats why he was expecting Fords!

Attached Files:

13. More really fast cars...

From Sept. 1965 issue of Modern Rod...no photo credit given.

Attached Files:

14. Mike

Mike

Thanks for the compliment. I've owned and been driving that car for 23 years. At the moment she is just a tarted up stocker with a tired but good running 327 and powerglide. I plan to rebuild the engine and trans soon, when this happens she'll get the proper bite to go with her bark.

15. Me too. I'm figuring out how to do a '63 dart right now. Got the front axle (A- Van) and gonna get the rest as I go.

On the first page, there's a car called the "Suspect". Isn't that the car the "recreated" Color Me Gone " is based on? Does anyone have any other pix of it?

Great thread.

Jay

16. Judd

Judd

off the net.

Attached Files:

17. Race Artist

Race Artist

Here's some fast Fords from 1963 and they just happen to be defeating a couple of Z-11 Chevies.
    The Alderman Ford was one of the '62 lightweight cars. Dave Lyall's Bob Ford '63 lightweight was on a hot streat at Detroit Dragway ... I believe he won a number of weeks in a row against all the hot '63 Brands at Detroit with this race report.
    Both are race reports from Nat. Dragster issues.

Joel

Attached Files:

18. Race Artist

Race Artist

Some pictures from Bill Blair's shop on one of my visits a few years ago.
    Two Swiss Cheese Pontiacs ... Arnie Beswick's '63 car and the ex-Harold Ramsey-Larry Johnson altered wheelbase cheeser. Bill sold the Ramsey car not long after this visit. Bill also had an ex-Mickey Thompson B/FX '63 Pontiac at the time. I don't think it was a cheeser though. Note the Pandemonium 'Cuda that Bill also had at the time (with an injected motor)

Joel

Attached Files:

19. Race Artist

Race Artist

Two more that Bill had in his shop at the time ...

The 1962 Packer Pontiac lightweight run originally by Howard Meselles. Bill was in the process of restoring the car. On my next visit it was done, all lettered up and looking great.

The other car is a Ford ... Bill is a Pontiac man (his father, an early NASCAR Grand National won the 1953 Daytona GN race on the beach in an Olds)
    Bill was working on the injected wedge motor to complete his restoration of the E.N. Thomas/Howard Neal Stripteaser '65 Falcon out of Georgia.

Joel

Attached Files:

20. Race Artist

Race Artist

The Tasca Ford '64 T-Bolt at Cecil Co., MD mid-May 1964 for the NHRA Regional/record meet. They won S/S that day and I believe set a new S/S ET record.

Joel

Attached Files:

21. Race Artist

Race Artist

Phil Bonner vs Dick Landy at Englishtown, NJ on an extremely hot and humid day summer of '66. Bonner's car literally ripped up the hot asphalt in chunks that day.

Joel

Attached Files:

22. Race Artist

Race Artist

Venturing one year beyond the subject line criteria for two from Miami Dragway in 1967. One photo actually.

Bev Smith's Rambler from West Palm Beach, FL in the pits and doesn't it look hot out there ... and in the background an altered wheelbase '65 Dodge. The name on the Dodge is Tuff -something, I don't know, wasn't there to take the picture and my pal who did doesn't recall. Anyone know anything about these cars?

Joel

Attached Files:

23. Race Artist

Race Artist

Two Chevy pictures from the May 1964 NHRA Regional meet ...

Two 409's in A/S ... Harvey Tilton vs Al Lewis. Tilton in the white bubbletop was an early sixties hot dog in the NJ area ... from the southern part of the state. The Al Lewis car was a regular at Cecil Co, MD, Aquasco, etc. over the years and part of the Al lewis team of cars.

Second shot is two Z-11's going off ... Malcolm Durham from the Baltimore-Wash.DC area in his white Z-11 vs Billy Lagana's NY state Z-11. Both were running A/MP that day in a class that included Eddie Schartman in Dyno Don's '62 bubbletop. If memory serves Durham won the class.

Joel

Attached Files:

24. Race Artist

Race Artist

Thanks Dean.

25. Race Artist

Race Artist

Wow ... terrific Dean! Never thought I'd see a better shot of that car. Looks like the pits at Phenix City, AL.

Joel

26. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Anyone have any pictures of a 1962 chevy known as the Northwind?

27. Himee

Himee
    from Wisconsin

Here are a couple of pic's of Landy and Charlie Allen

Attached Files:

28. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

#823 was Dick Brannans.

29. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Joel, Thanks for the flashback. I remember sitting in the Larry Johnson car as a kid when Allan Ranz had the car. We had it stored in a old barn at the time. I was pretty young but I thought it was cool to pretend to drive in a car with a roll bar and only one seat in it. I remember Allan always telling me not to touch the front fenders. He showed me by pushing his finger on them and they would flex. I still remember the Funny Tiger lettering on it.

30. slammed1

slammed1

Awesome thread with great pics.

I am curious if anyone has pics of early 70's racing at FairBurn Raceway in Georgia.......I realize its off topic from the original thread but some of the bog named guys raced there also into the 70's. My Dad raced there with a 67 Chevelle.