Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thank You Hotrodladycrusr

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOT ROD DAVE, Mar 8, 2008.

1. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

I think a big thank you is in order to Denise

Thank you for inviting my wife and I to your house after the Autorama on Sat night, we had a blast!!!! We look forward to many more encounters with you and all the fellow HAMB members.

Congratz on your award for your car
    Thanks again for welcoming us with open arms

2. Big Tony

Big Tony

Denise is a special lady...do tell about her award??????

3. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

4. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I missed it. What award did she get? Best promoter of the little guy? Nicest chick in Detroit? Most crowded booth? Tell us!!!

5. Gerg

Gerg

someone has to know !

6. Flatman

Flatman

It was an informal award given to her by a car club (I guess it's formal to them, which is cool) They are here on the HAMB.
    Sorry, didn't see the award so I don't know which club.

Flatman

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I Have no information about any award, But she deserves one in my book.
    Ms. Denise invited my family out to see her and Big Olds at the autorama and let my 9 year old daughter sit in Big Olds for my wife and I to take pictures of her in Denise's Car. As a supporter and promoter of this hobby shes the Lady with her finger on the pulse.
    We also got to meet Ms. Megan (Chevy Girl Rox) and had pictures taken with Denise My Daughter and Megan with Big Olds In the back ground. Huge impression on my Daughter to see and know that women are also a Huge part of Hotrodding and cars. She said now she doesnt feel like the odd girl in school that loves her Fast and cool cars. She said she can always take those pictures to show her friends that Girls can do this Car stuff too. Only one bad thing came out of this...for me.. now my daughter is pushing me to get to work on the 28 tudor..In her own words.."so I can help!"..it felt good, i cant wait too.
    Thanks Denise & Megan

8. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

I know what it is :cool:

9. Flatman

Flatman

I took a bunch of pictures for Denise of your daughter in Big Olds, she`s a cutie:D!

Flatman

10. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

From a club, they give it out to the one car they like the best, I think it is a very cool award and a neat idea for car clubs.

Attached Files:

11. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

I have not had the opportunity to meed many of the HAMB bunch yet, but thru her Pictures and Prose, I have been on many journeys. Big Olds is lookin' pretty snazzy there and Denise certainly deserves any awards out there...From what I can see here, mostly for just being herself.........but having Big Olds always helps.........

Mark

12. Hey Denise, soory I missed you this year. Did you get the T-Shirt from Bill??That was suppost to get to you in Ca.I got one for Megan as welll....Time-Bomb John

13. Denise's award came in the form of a club pick award from the Indy-HiWinders out of Indianapolis.

They are known for giving out their club pick awards at both indoor and outdoor shows they attend all over the country.

We got one last summer.

Nice touch.

14. Big Tony

Big Tony

The thing i like about the club trophies...atleast around here is that they are home made and have some thought, time and skill into them. Anyone can go buy a 10 dollar plastic thing and give it away but the home made job has charactor and much more meaning. Thats the reason that we make all of our trophies. Even for the Texas Thaw, we all spent many hours cleaning, polishing, painting and welding. Then ol Aaron who did our pinstripping and that took a long as while...but all was worth it.

CONGRATS DENISE>>>>MUCHO DESERVEO

15. Brandi

Brandi

This gave me chills!! What a great time.

16. It's probably unlikely I'll ever get to meet Denise, but the hundreds of pics she posts have given me a great scenic tour of the US, apart from the cars. For that she has my unreserved thanks. For me, Denise IS the Hamb!

17. krooser

krooser

Moepower and I missed the show this year...bummer. But Denise is the best...at least Moe didn't have to sleep on her basement floor again this year...

18. Matthimself

Matthimself

Jello shot to Denise, anyone? It was great to meet all you folks and that party was a blast and a half.

I'll have you all know that me, Mike, and the sh!tshaker made it home in record time, too.

19. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Saw the plaque and the interior. BO looking good!! Now about that gasket sealent on the thermostat housing...

Obviously NOT a hermetically sealed show car! LOVE IT!

Did you have to pay extra for the radio station to set up a PURPLE tent behind him?! Nice touch.

20. fast Ed

fast Ed

Some of those Jello shots had a bit of a kick to them, didn't they? :D

I have to say thanks as well to Denise for being such a gracious host. This was the first time down to Autorama for myself and my buddy Stu (Virgil Hilts), and we had an awesome time. Great to meet and hang out with a bunch of the HAMB folks.

cheers
    Ed N.

21. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

I loved those jello shots. Thanks Denise for putting up with us okies,had a great time.

22. Now I'm even more bummed I didn't make it.

I'll see ya in Austin Denise.

23. Vicki and I will add our thanks as well for the hospitality. We had a great time. We were running out of steam by then so we didn't stay long, but as usual there were some tall tales being told and laughter all around!

I stayed away from the jello shooters even though miss Megan made many offers, I knew better than to start on them. Upon seeing her when she arrived at that Autorama on Sunday AM I knew I made the right decision.

We enjoyed meeting everyone there also!

24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Thanks alot Flatman, I didnt even introduce myself or my family to you..so much going on it was such a buzz around Denise's Olds that my brain and my maners must have went out to lunch:eek:..

25. Harms Way

Harms Way

I was there (11p.m.-8a.m. every day), but I am sorry to say I missed all of you, I stopped by the Big Olds on Saturday after the brunch (around 2p.m.) and was informed that Denise wasn't there yet,.... IMHO she's a great lady and a shinning example of all the fun things about Hot Rodding,..... Oh yeah, and the Olds looked outstanding !,......

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Hope this picture loads ok..
    It speaks for its self.

Attached Files:

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

i got more but dont know how to do that special crap you computer gurus know:mad:

Attached Files:

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Thanks Denise and Megan and Flatman!

Attached Files:

29. sololobo

sololobo

The H.A.M.B. Lady Ambassadors rule again!! These wonderful gals really are the essence of cool!! They have put forward the true pulse of the Jalopy Journal/H.A.M.B. all over the country. I feel so blessed to have met them and experienced their charm first hand!!-Sololobo

30. Yeah, I totally agree. Thanks to Denise and everyone there for putting on your party, and setting up the meet and greets. I know that is a lot of work. And a big thanks to everyone for making my friend Joe welcome.

Best — MRAK