Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all Canadians

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by canadianzed, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Rocket Ride

Rocket Ride

Winnipeg Manitoba The coldest "country" south of the north pole & north of the south pole! -40's are the norm here. According to the federal government & the weather channel there are no provinces between Alberta & Ontario!

Rocket Ride

2. koolkemp

koolkemp

Nuthin wrong with some cycle fenders...woth the piece of mind to avoid the hassles from the Mounties eh! I would love to see it some time and talk shop..dont know any gearheads around here yet been gettin my fill from the HAMB !

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

I remeber chattin with the owner at the Atlantic Nats in 2004 I think it was,I was down on vacation and went to the show by myself...really nice guy shot the shit for a while,dammed if I could remember his name though!

Steve

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

Well if I was workin on choppers at least I would have some propper trainin' lol! The copier racket isnt what it used to be...with all the computer bs involved add in dumb ass users who are too lazy to read the manuals to learn how to use the equipment in the first place...so ya gotta have the pr skills to mellow out the pissed off ones ...the mechanical ability to fix the box...electronics...and now adays the computer ability on top of everything else! Its become several jobs in one lol! Still only get one paycheck though! Ya I caught one of our illustrious(sp)? swivel servants in Ottawa yrs ago takin the boots to a machine at Department Of Communications...shoulda seen her jump when I snuck up behind her and screamed at her haha! Just one of the many times I got to see the people makin stupid money for doin nuthin and being paid with our tax dollars.....lol dont get me started !!

Steve

5. screwball

screwball

#1 you a memory HA.
    #2 you p.r. HA.
    #3 get you started been there done that. HA HA HA.
    For all you easterners from a guy that knows this fool for years he is a gear heads gear head and I wish he stayed put. But now it looks like I need to visit the east seeing this bastard draged me to Alberta already.

6. flatbroke33

flatbroke33
    from moncton nb

the 51 merc is mine. been as far west as james dean run 04 an south carolina in oct 07. the a p/up is pauls an bilt with his dad.started with just a cowl an made the cab doors an box by hand.:cool:

7. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Yah, nowadays IT people need many skills.
    Especially self-control so you don't whup the snot out of idiots!
    Maybe I need to start teaching my IT students anger management.

So screwball... you have stories?

8. fitzee

fitzee

Hay Larry.Glad to meet ya.I have been coming across your projects a few times. A friends was at your place a few summers back and took picture of your 49? chopped ford.I have a thing for flat colors and people around here know it.and ever time they see a flat black rig they take pics for me.I came across your truck at the Deburt some years back and loved how well used it looked,tells me you have lots of fun in it.I notice that about Pauls pickup that the body was home built.It was hard to tell,he did a real nice job on what he had to work with.You guys going to the nationals this year? Have plans to go up with a few local hot rodders. If so keep a eye out for a flat black T bucket or a Flat black Studebaker wagon from Newfoundland. I haven`t figure out which one to take yet.

9. GearHeadDiver

GearHeadDiver

Back from the dead with a new handle.....

Ex Signman....

Just outside Ottawa, in da' stix....

current - '23 T
    project- '37 Ford truck
    For Sale - '33 Dodge 5 Window body

Attached Files:

10. screwball

screwball

Koolkemp dont need no frickin anger frickin management. Well maybe a little but thats why he left Ottawa.

11. screwball

screwball

Hey gear head I have a old 55 291 firedome hemi for sale for 500.00 to go with that 33 dodge coupe of yours. Im also in the stix of Ottawa but on the other side of the city. Hows Bob doing with the new shop I hear he turned Fred Ways 39 FORD all door into a coupe.

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

If I remember tomorrow I will post some of the pics that I have of the conversion that Pokey sent to me last month looks much better as a coupe:D.......now dont you be tellin stories Screwball...that can work both ways LOL!!

13. flatbroke33

flatbroke33
    from moncton nb

hay fitzee glad you are coming to the nats . heres a pic of my 50 ford that i sold last summer i miss the old girl :(. see ya at the nats.

Attached Files:

14. CdnRatFink

CdnRatFink

Eh! everyone! Burlington Ontario for this Fink!
    Ron.

15. I am in DEADMONTON, ALBESTA......

Ian

Attached Files:

16. dragsterboy

dragsterboy

Abbotsford B.C. checkin' in.

Attached Files:

17. cool ride man!!

gotta soft spot in my heart for flatties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian

18. screwball

screwball

Koolkemp You now me I aint ashamed of anything Ive done while sober. And if I was drunk its all the alcohols fault.

19. dragsterboy

dragsterboy

Thanks.It's a 4-1/8" stroker motor with an Isky 88 cam,Zephyr springs,stainless Chevy valve and a Spalding duel coil distributor.It sounds AWESOME! I can't wait to beat the hell out of it.These are the only pictures I have right now.I'll post some more later.
    Shane

Attached Files:

20. mrloboy

mrloboy

from Baldur, Manitoba (SW). Not in the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from here!

I have had many Canadian built cars, including a '69 Acadian, '61 Parisienne convertible, a '57 Meteor Ranchero, many Meteors, Monarchs, Parisiennes, Beaumonts, Mercury trucks, Fargo trucks, etc. I still have a '58 Pontiac Wagon with a Factory 348 Chevy-4V, 3 spd manual with factory dual exhaust. Maybe someday I will get around to restoring it! Rick

www.loboys.com

21. Nortin

Nortin
    from Canada

Ummmm Chevelle doesn't = Beaumont , Chevelle is a Chev and a Beaumont is a Pontiac . Nova is a Chev product and an Acadian is a Pontiac product. Yeh the bodies were same but they were made in different divisions of GM

22. GearHeadDiver

GearHeadDiver

Screwball,

Bob's new shop is great....gonna be real fancy upstairs.
    Nice and warm(radiant floor), clean and bright....lots of room.
    Still, not the "old school" charm of the original shop :D

He's doin well....hard to keep up with his projects tho.
    Startin a new c/c.....Harbour Ratz...:D

WAS lookin for a hemi....WAS gonna build the 33 but it sat around too long and I lost interest.:rolleyes:
    Time to move on.....

How 'bout YOU buy the 33?....yeah, thats it..
    I need the $$$

Cheers
    GHD

23. screwball

screwball

I allready have 34 Chev 5 coupe window going up for sale now as well as 3.5 46/7 ford p/u cabs and two 52-3 dodge/fargo 1/2 pick ups. That leaves me with my 53 Plymouth Kustom and my 39/40 fargo p/us plus a few other VINTAGE camping trailers to do. Im so happy I dont live in Ottawa any more but buying a farm with more land than I need may have been a blessing in descise. As for car clubs we have the Coachmen Car Club that was originally started in Ottawa in 1957 and reborn about 10 years ago when I met one of the original founders and he gave me his club plaque. Your welcome to check us out as we seem to be into the same shit. I met you at ADAMOS show last year but need to get a car on the road so people can assoate me with some thing.

24. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Hey Rick! Good to see you on the HAMB! Don't know if you remember me dropping by the shop way back in 2003 or not. I had the primered & chopped '48 Chevy pickup from Calgary. I have a new project now and I'm living a helluva lot closer now. I'll have to drop by the shop one of these days.

25. screwball

screwball

P.S. GHD I sold BOB the old glass ford sign that was on the old shop to bad it got destroyed in the fire it dated back to 1913 and came from a dealership in Smith Falls.

26. koolkemp

koolkemp

Nice shoebox....man I woulda had a hard time lettin that one go!!

Steve

27. canadianzed

canadianzed

Glad to see your on the ball, so now what is a Canso?

28. Me and my dragster; winter of 1971 during a move. Tow car was my 1968 mustang coupe.

Ran 10.4 @ 147 mph best.

53 Merc truck block; stroked/bored to 301 cu. in.

isky 404 track cam w/solids; offenhauser heads & 2x4 manifold...
    vertex magneto; ported/polished; larger GM valves fitted as well from inline 6....motor was tricked right out....

weakest point where the con rods.....

dont know if strong aftermarket rods available these days......
    if youre running stockers advise NOT to polish them....they need every speck of meat they have!

had a similar engine in a 31 a coupe in 69....quick as the devil....

and yeah, they have a sweeeeeeeeeet sound all of their own!

you're gonna have a lot of fun with that car....looking forward to any pix!

ps: what tranny and diff are you running????

cheers, Ian

Attached Files:

29. I'm old enough to have a fuzzy brain, but wasn't the CANSO a model version of the pontiac acadian????

30. 66-67 pontiac version of the nova I believe.