Register now to get rid of these ads!

Awesome new Kustom Kulture Art book out!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dutch Courage, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Now here's one for the coffee-table I can whole-heartedly recommend:
    Awesome new Kustom Kulture Art book published by Korero Books from the UK:

"Kustom Graphics: Hot Rods, Burlesque and Rock 'n' Roll"

[​IMG]

It features artworks of 40 artists from all over the world including some fellow HAMB'ers...

Full list of artists:

Johnny Ace and Kali Verra; Jorge "Dr." Alderete; Paul Barrow; John Bell; Tom "Big Toe" Laura; Michel Casarramona; Keith "Keiffer" Ciaramello; Johnny Crap; "Dirty Donny" Gillies; Etienne "Empire32"; Marcus "Dang! Industries" Evans; Daisuke "Fudemae" Maeda; Minoru "Mr. G." Goto; Grimb; Peter "PG" Gustafsson; Hiro "Wildman" Ishii; Jim "Too Bad Jim" Johnstone; Ken The Flattop; "KRNPX" Kurono; Felix La Flamme; Michael Leonhard; Makoto Kobayashi; Alex "So-Cal" Maldonado; Tyson Mcadoo; Jan Meininghaus; Mitch O'Connell; Sergio "Palami" Palamidessi; Ger "Dutch Courage" Peters; The Pizz; Vince Ray; Rockin' Jellybean; Rob Schwager; Chaz Royal; Sol Rac; Theo Terror; Märt "Ultra Bazar" Infanger; David Vicente; Mark Wasyl; Keith Weesner; Derek Yaniger.

Cover-art by Peter "PG" Gustafsson; Introduction by Julian Balme; Compilation by Yak El-Droubie; Text by Ian C. Parliament.

2. smokindave

smokindave

I looked at some of the pics on the link and it looks like one worth buying. Thanks for the heads up

3. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Glad to see it's out now...here's a quote I found amusing:

"Many Kustom Kulture artists are now crossing over scenes, creating graphics for hot rods one day, burlesque events the next, and dreaming up flyers for a new crop of indie rock bands—all part of an explosive international graphics movement."

That's been my formula for over 30 years.....glad to see the kids are catching on, ha ha!
    Pizz is my hero...

Ace

4. Yer "over 30 years....." translates to a full three spreads in the book for you guys; Thankx for the inspiration Ace!

5. TheGrumpy1

TheGrumpy1

thanks for bringing this book to my attention Ger does anybody know how I can get a copy for myself I really like your work Ger and want to see more of it the same goes for Johnny Ace's work I'm always on the lookout for books with some killer artwork in them....

6. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Heya Grumpy/1...

The publisher just wrote and informed us that US copies were enroute to the distributor, so they should be available soon....

Ace & Kali

7. Thankx Grumpy1; You could (pre-) order from Amazon; Clicking the image will take you there... I received my complimentary copy from the publisher yesterday. The book has 250 pages; almost too much to digest... :D

8. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Sweet! I'll have to add this to my amazon wishlist.

9. TheGrumpy1

TheGrumpy1

Kool thanks for answering so quick Ger and Johnny Ace I guess I should of tried clicking the image when I first saw it, oh well I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed but I know good artwork when I see it, I'm gonna have to preorder this book got a feeling I'm gonna get a lot of new tattoo ideas out of this, Ger I've been on both of your websites and love your work since I've been on the H.A.M.B. and came across the Friday art shows I can't wait for the end of the week to see what's gonna be posted on it there is some real talent on here man I wish I could draw a straight line.....oh and Johnny Ace that article on you and Kali in CKD was great got me two issues of it one to tear the poster out and the other one is going with all my mags that have articles about Big Daddy Roth in 'em keep up the great work....

10. weez

weez

Auto Books ordered TWO. They lasted about 20 minutes. I'm curious to see how it turned out, heard it's neat.

11. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

sweet i got to have one!!!

12. Nomadness

Nomadness

Looks like it has one of my ACE originals in it. This one was also the centerfold in Car Kulture Deluxe #26.

[​IMG]

13. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

How many US dollars?? I can't wait!
    Sounds like a winner!

14. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Thanks Nick, that one gets lots of mileage....if Roth taught us anything,it was how to recycle stuff....

Weesner, your stuff in the book is pure eye-candy,as always...by the way, I found a very hot foto of you in a very early '90's issue of Cinefantastique....what's it worth to you to keep it off the board? I got the scanner fired up,man...

Ace

15. indaworx40

indaworx40
    from New York

Amazon has it in stock - $26.37 USD

16. Is there something Weesner is covering up, Ace? ;)

Keith; had to take another look at the photograph in the book before I realized that the guy leaning on your roadster in the picture was you; Didn't recognize you in the beard...

17. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Here's MY Johnny Ace "original"..........

[​IMG]

Poster from the original...........

[​IMG]

I just add this so that all of you know. I contacted Johnny & Kali with an idea for "Skate Fink" I wanted to get it inked and I thought, "Who better than Johnny to do the flash art?" As well as the black, line drawing for the flash, they did an AWESOME piece of color art which they later used to make the poster.
    There's no way I could ever express my gratitude for this art!

18. Nomadness

Nomadness

Skate Fink that tattoo is killer :cool:

19. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Thanks guys....for what it's worth , Pat has a whole page in our "Workshop" book...poster,tattoo,and Halloween 'Fink & Board' foto..
    Nick, 'LatersVille' is in this (Kustom) book and "No-Madness" in in 'Workshop'...

Ger....something tells me that the monster in your 'SurfaBoy' painting is a self-portrait, and when you stick out your tongue in fotos, it tells the world," I'm a Johnny Ace fan !"
    Just sayin', Bro....

Ace

20. weez

weez

Sounds like I'm in trouble! Cinefantastique? Wow-

21. Ace, you see right thru me....

22. Janne

Janne

I just saw this book first time couple days ago at Harrods London, great looking book! Too bad I couldn't carry it to aeroplane. I'm definitely going to buy this one.