Register now to get rid of these ads!

T 5 trans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by looz nutz, Feb 28, 2008.

1. looz nutz

looz nutz

Can you use the gears from a world class t5 in a non world class t5? I have been reading the t5 tech but it did not answear my question. Any help greatly apreciated. Ed.

2. What I can remember is that the shafts and bearings are different in diameter. That said I don't think the gears would swap because of the shaft size and the shaft won't swap because it won't fit the gear case.

3. banjorear

banjorear

I believe this is accurate.

4. nexxussian

nexxussian

My understanding is this can be done, but you have to replace everything but the case, and maybe have to machine the case, not sure. So unless you have a WC T-5 with a split case and a pristine bare case from a NWC box, what would be the point?

5. Ornery37

Ornery37
    from Texas

the gears will not swap, but I was able to pull the tail shaft housing and top plate off of a non-world class s-10 (1989) and place it on a wc (1992) camaro trans

6. Check the May 08 STREET RODDER. It tell you just how to swap the tail shafts. Bob