Register now to get rid of these ads!

Siphoning Gas......Any Good Stories?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rpol7966, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

The story goes that someone was stealing my granddads boat fuel and so he took his five gallon jugs filled them up and added sugar, the next week the jugs were empty and the neighbors car was done. but i hear sugar doenst mess nuthin up

2. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

I drove across Houston early the morning Katrina was supposed to hit town, Mad Max style, in my daily with the needle pegged on "E" so I could siphon the gas out of my project truck which was in a storage unit by the Astro Dome at the time. Blew through every stop sign and light doing high speeds in town on the way there. Town was prety much vacant, and potentially lawless, at the time. The 25 gallons in my truck more than filled my Accura and I had a couple of cans to fill and put in the trunk.

Next time a hurricane is comming, I'm staying plated. I've got a dozen boxes of buck shot. I'll be fine.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I have a shop in an industrial complex. it is like a shopping center for gas thieves and other low lifes. they just don't give a fuck. one night about 11:00 I hear someone outside so I go out there and here's some illegal either getting back in or just getting out of his car. told him to get the fuck out and don't come back. I even told him we have cameras all over the place and several people are here late at night.

I didn't know what he was up to, only that he needed to leave. so what does this fucker do? he comes back an hour later and my neighbor caught him on camera stealing gas out of a truck across the way. he had already got my other neighbors van. this shit has been going on for quite some time.

cops don't care, but if you smack 'em with a big stick then you are in trouble.

4. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I came home from work one day...it was a nice day so I went to wash my car. When I grabbed the garden hose, there was a piece missing....WTF....
    Some TWEAKERS had cut it and used it to siphon the gas from all my cars.....
    Yeah...tweakers SUCK!

5. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

tech week starts next week,,,,,,

cant come too soon,,,,,

gas siphoning,,any good stories,,,ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS??????

what makes people post BS like this???,,really man,,,WTF?

maybe i'll start a post called "anyone have any cool adventures while inflating their tires?"

6. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know about gas, but anytime someone says the word siphon, it takes me back 25 years when I was a rig-welder. I got a call from a farmer in Idaho whose 8" irrigation pipe had frozen and broke and he needed it repaired. He volunteered his 17 year old son to help me. I told the kid I needed to cut a window in the pipe and siphon the water out before I could weld it up. The kid says, "What's siphon?" I said, "First you blow and then you suck." We were way, way out in the middle of a field and all I had was some 1/4" oxygen hose. The fat kid starts sucking and sucking and sucking, till I noticed something hanging out of his mouth. . . He'd sucked the tail off a decomposed RAT and was looking down at it's inside-out ass. . . He puked and went running through the field and I never saw him again. When I gave the farmer the bill, he said, "My lawyer doesn't charge that much!" I said, "Neither did I when I was a lawyer". . . ~ My siphon story.

7. damnfingers

damnfingers

Nope, can't say that I have...don't even remember hearing any. Have you??:D

8. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

While inflating a tire my shirt was caught up between the rim and the bead. Had to siphon some gas out of the tank to burn the shirt out of the rim. Tire caught fire and the garage burnt down. Hows that for bullshit???

9. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

LMAO.Now thats original.

10. In 1968, people in my unit in Germany were stealing mogas from the jerry cans on jeeps. My first sergeant filled a jerry can with a mixture of AVGAS/JP4/MOGAS/and Trichlorethelyn. He put the can on a very accessable jeep one night. The next day, one of my co-workers rolled onto the site in his old Mercedes with the engine knocking and putting out smoke like he was a mosquito sprayer. End of gas thievery.

11. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

So far your number
    1:D:D:D:D

12. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Hmmm....

This is kinda like correcting someone's incorrect statement reguarding two men having sex.

You may get the information right, but... :)

13. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I like these guys that set around and fuck off on company time on the computer etc. or dont mention that one time when they were a teen when??? or just fuck people in genral....then talk about killing thieves if they catch them. I hate self riteous fuckers as bad as thieves

14. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

The motorhome or camper story, whichever it was, was on Paul Harvey years ago, doubt if ol' Paul would run a BS story.

15. Yeah. It would be hard to conceal an advertisement in a shit sucking story.

It is BS, though. A black water tank on a motorhome has one in....the shitter, and one out...the dump. If you open the dump, you certainly don't have to suck on a hose to get something out.

16. Jeepateer

Jeepateer
    from NM

I dont personally see anywhere where it says stealing gas. Have people stole gas from me yep it suck people steal. Why get all pissed off hold grudges. If u leave somethin out and it aint locked its probably gonna get stolen, if you catch.someone stealin that should be the fun part this is where you get the chance to encourage them to never do it again.reminds me of a story in salem mass. Hmmmm and my funny story would be a time when I was making hydrogen, I used a lighter to check my math......... after the the hole in the ceiling and a numb hand I figured it worked hahaha

17. 1 post and you literally bring shit back from the dead

18. OK, maybe this one will qualify for a good story about siphoning. When we were teens, my buddy's dad next door bought a new VW when they were advertising "2 cents a mile" ads. He was religious about checking his mileage. For maybe two months Bobby and I added a gallon of gas to the tank every second or third night. Of course the old man got tremendous mileage. We then started siphoning gas, about a gallon every other night or so for a week or two. Then reversed it. We did that all one summer until Bobby got caught one night. Fortunately his dad had a sense of humor.

19. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

OK, insert TECH here....

Those clear hoses with the jiggle end work great. Stick brass valve end into tank, other end into empty container, and jiggle quickly. Gas goes into hose thru one-way valve and gets the siphon going.

If your good, you can use any hose without the valve, hold your thumb over the end and alternately hold and release your thumb while jiggling hose in and out of gas. Siphon will start.

Or, use a air blowgun held at 90degrees from hose opening, and let the Bournoulli Effect take place.

No electricity, no sucking, no bullshit.

20. Maleficus

Maleficus

I've had to siphon gas twice so far, once to fill a jerry can (from my car) and once to get really old two stroke out of a lawnmower tank, didn't get any in my mouth, but I could sort of taste it in the air coming through the hose, really nasty. If you have your thumb in your mouth ready to go over the hose, you won't get any in your mouth

On a side note this came to mind, there are a few f-bombs in it, not work safe

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RXtePW4v8zs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

21. sololobo

sololobo

I have had "the gas taste", when doing an emergency swap. No stealin! Although that is going on all over town with our economic situation. Buckin Fummer! ~sololobo~

22. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Never siphon gas from a vehicle unless you are a wank, the fuel sending units and floats and breathers get all banged around and then you have problems getting the car to show proper fuel, allow air into the system and sometimes the pump gets screwed up. If you want to siphon something even worse tasting than gasoline, try a mouthful of diesel. Yum!

23. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Gomer Pyle and a buddy did that to Seargent Carter when he bought a new Plymouth. then he parked it under a crane and it got crushed.

24. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

man.. just got a call from a customer and all their work trucks got the gas siphoned out of 'em and the batteries stolen last night..... timely thread...

25. Greg'Hel

Greg'Hel
    from Iowa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsM69ut5tD0

26. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Don't forget the stink-pipe on the roof. If one was industrious it could be used as siphon access.

27. Fiatdude

Fiatdude
    from SoCal

The one siphon story that comes to my mind -- it was during the first fuel crunch in the 70's -- guy needs gas to get to work, none in car but the boat is full, -- this is where it gets exciting -- decides the siphon is too slow, so gets the shop vac out, -- he died -- boat, garage, and everything within 100 foot is burned down from explosion/fire ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.