Register now to get rid of these ads!

Boyd passed away this morning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by R&C Lee, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redrico1

redrico1

Hes In A Better Place With Roy.

2. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

you know, i really don't think any more comments about whether or not you like his style are needed. most all of us share similar sentiments to that regard and in respect for the man, we need to keep them unsaid. i know i've said my share of unkind words directed towards him but none of that matters now. he was a man who worked hard for everything he had, who helped bring this hobby international attention and support and who really did care about his work and about helping others.

3. rodknocker

rodknocker

Man thats too bad,makes you think twice how precious life is and how fast it can be taken away.God Bless Boyd and his family.

4. groove

groove
    from kelowna BC

A huge loss for the auto world. Godspeed, Boyd.

5. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

God be with the family during this time of need ..RIP ..Boyd !

6. crackernutz

crackernutz
    from tx

anymore word on this , ican't find anything online about it?

7. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

How very sad. I'm sorry to hear this news.

Another reminder that every day counts.

8. He certainly was an icon for the rodding family as a whole. Rest in Peace.

9. blubomber

blubomber

Pardon my ignorance, but Boyd who?

10. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

I really wish we could have crossed paths. Even with the Hype I respected what he had done for us all.
    Cody

11. What a waste. So sad

12. nexxussian

nexxussian

Coddington

13. Jonny69

Jonny69
    from England

RIP to a legendary pioneering rodder. He was a hero when I was a kid.

This is what we'll remember him for, the Boydster:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Images politely borrowed from http://www.chipfoose.com :)

14. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Sad to know he's not around anymore. I remember being wowed by the Smoothster, I'll miss him Rest in peace Boyd.
    [​IMG]

15. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

In my library of back issues, I have the Street Rodder features on Boyd's center door T, and later T sedan, which were Amazing machines for the mid seventies. I grew up reading Hot Rod features on Boyd's billet cars for Jamie Musselman by Baskerville, this is a loss that is bittersweet for many people. Prayers for the family.

16. solo_909

solo_909

= ( Its crazy how fast people can slip away. His family will be in my preyers

17. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

RIP Boyd.Gods Speed!

18. Nick79

Nick79
    from Austin, TX

Sad to hear. He was a pioneer in the hot rod biz.

Wonder why there is no news of this anywhere?

19. wolfgang

wolfgang
    BANNED
    from Norman, OK

Found this on myspace

<TABLE class=blurbs borderColor=#ffcc99 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=435 bgColor=#ffcc99 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text style="WORD-WRAP: break-word" vAlign=center align=left width=300 bgColor=#ffcc99 height=17 wrap="">Boyd Coddington's Blurbs</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width=435 align=center bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="WORD-WRAP: break-word" vAlign=top align=left width=435 bgColor=#ffffff>About me:
    Most of you may know me from the T.V. show "American Hotrod" on TLC! I grew up in a small town in Idaho. My passion for hotrods began at an early age I had an older brother to whom I always looked up too, he and his friends were all into cars, in Rupert at the age of 14 you could drive if you lived and worked on a farm, so preparing for my adventure into the driving world and not enjoying hunting I found a neighbor that would take my shotgun in on a trade for a pickup truck. When my Dad came in from milking the cows he didn't think the trade was very good, he made me return the truck for the shot gun, finally my Mother convinced my Dad to make the trade good. From that time until today I love hot rods. I feel very fortunate to be able to make a living for my family doing what I love to do. I still read everything I can get my hands on about cars, hotrods, street rods, rat rods, lowriders, and race cars. I never dreamed that one day I would be so lucky to have a small article in Hot Rod magazine, let alone be on a TV show. I could never do it alone, there are many craftsman that have worked with me and some continue to work with me after 24 years, to all of them and some really great customers I owe everything to you! </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

20. Every condolence to his family. Nice to see the overwhelmingly positive comments about his body of work on this Forum at this time. When all is said and done he was a husband, a father and a hot rodder.

21. 1929rats

1929rats

This is really a suprise .....the end of an era (of sorts) ---- R.I.P.
    A major contributor to the hot rod world for sure

22. Dyce51

Dyce51
    from Ohio

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May he rest in peace and his family find the strength to move ahead...My condolences to his family and friend.....He made a hell of an impact on the Hot Rodding community his inovation, his ideas, his designs.....he will be missed.....

23. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Like his style or not... I respect any man with more talent than I will ever have.

RIP

[​IMG]

24. RacerRick

RacerRick

I saw him at the Toronto Autorama. We thought it was a look-a-like because he was so thin and haggard looking. I didn't like his style, but he did get our hobby into the limelight and helped create new interest in these cars.

RIP.

25. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Very very sad news.

RIP Boyd.

26. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Because this is the HAMB- where real rodders get the news FIRST. Glad to see people can put aside personal tastes and appreciate that this was a man who lived and breathed cars. Boyd forever changed the face of hot rodding- a very sad day.

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Whenever a car guy passes I remember a car related event. For me, whenever Boyd Coddington was mentioned I think of that red T Tudor photographed at the gates to Disneyworld, the car that started it all for him. Rest in peace Boyd.

28. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

It's always sad to see someone of his status pass away. I noticed that Boyd always wore a ball cap and that it looked as if his hair was thinning quite a bit. Makes me wonder if Boyd was fighting cancer. Although a lot of us poked fun at him and the show, you still have to appreciate what they did for hot rodding. RIP.

29. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Sad.. RIP and our prayers with you and your family...

30. Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

-Shiny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.