Register now to get rid of these ads!

Road Agents Rumble 2008 - Official News

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustoms Illustrated, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

After much thought and consideration, The Road Agents have decided to end the annual Hot Rod Rumble on a permanent basis. We know this news will be a disappointment to many. We will miss it just as much as you, however as some of you may or may not know, many of us in the club have other projects and/or businesses that are taking priority. The show was a huge responsibility and a lot of hard work to put on every year, but as much as we enjoyed doing it, our personal lives were suffering. This combined with the fact that the Elks Lodge has gone bankrupt and we will no longer be able to use the grounds for the show, has brought us to the decision to call it quits. (Finding a new location is not the big issue here.) I am sure you will all understand

We would like to whole-heartedly thank everyone who has supported us for the past nine years (8 shows) and made the show not only memorable, but also made the rest of the country stand up and take a second look at the East Coast and the cool rods and customs we drive. We couldn’t have done it without you

Lastly, I would like to emphasize that the end of the Rumble does not mean the end of the Road Agents Car Club! We look forward to finally getting out there and hitting up and supporting other shows this summer. We also have a few things up our sleeves for the future that we will post on our web site, so keep an eye out for them

2. tjm73

tjm73

Is this the show in NYC? If so, that sucks. But if it has to end, it has to end.

3. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

East Hartford Ct.

That stinks, I didnt go last year. Guess I missed the last one fer sure! :(

4. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

very sad to see it go. but you have good reasons, and i appreciate the info.

thanks.

5. oldspeed

oldspeed
    from Upstate NY

Sorry to hear the news, you guys really had one of the best, good luck with your club and new endevors.

6. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

Man thats terrible i've been to the last two and my car was going to be done for this year. I look forward to that show like christmas.

7. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Thats sucks! I have been out to that show many times, Luke and all the Road agents are great guys! I am glad I was able to say I have been there!

8. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

that's sad news, really hate to see that. but we all know it's a ton of work by only a few people ( few considering the size and scope of the show )... you always did a great job. we'll keep checking the website. Mike

9. Well said indeed.........I wish you and the rest of the Road Agents the best of luck for the future. It was a great run while it lasted.......cheers.

10. myke

myke
    from SoCal

I am in the same boat. My bubble is burst.

I was going to have my car done for this year too. You don't know how many times while working on my car I would think about being able to drive it there.

I did get to bring my triumph there last year at least, but not the same as having a car.

Good luck to you guys!

11. Very sad news, but understandable, given the issues. We will miss it. It was alot of fun, and you all are great hosts and guys.

—MRAK

12. Man that is too bad, I always look forward to this show as being the best and coolest of the year. Good luck to you guys and thanks for the fun times,
    -Dean

13. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's too bad Luke, that was one of my favorites. I guess that means that the NE guys into kustoms will have to support the other shows like the Rumbler's in Brooklyn and Lead East in NJ.

14. Cshabang

Cshabang

While I understand the reasoning, I have to admit that this sucks..It was probably the one show a year I never missed..even drove from western PA just to be there. Be sure to Keep us posted Luke, tell the crew hello for me. See you guys at some shows this year I hope

Chris

15. teddyp

teddyp

sad to see it go i enjoy the show and you guy,s did a great job but i can understand best of luck to all of you guys and see you at shows

16. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Very upsetting to hear. I made it to the past 4 (5 years) and loved every single one. Last year did seem to lack a little though as after many years of beating on hotel parking lots, a crackdown was deemed necessary. Understandable yet disappointing.

17. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

well thats kinda disapointing,but i know how busy you guys have been with all your personal endevers . i have had the pleasure of attending all of the shows , i remember luke giving me a flyer for the first one and wondering if they would get any cars , they packed the place , im gonna miss gettin up at 3 am to head over to the the elks to get in line , though in the last couple of years i helped park cars , and got let in early ( thanks luke !) met a lot of great people at this show from all over ,saw some great cars - had a great time every time !
    anyway thanks to luke and the other guys ,gals in the roadagents !

good luck ! --joe

18. Spike!

Spike!

Luke and all the Road Agents have done a great job over the years. This show will be missed like no other here on this coast. I'm going to miss those early morning Bonzai runs from PA to CT, trying to beat my times from years past. I guess a tad over three hours will have to stand as my record. Thanks for the memories Road Agents!

Spike

19. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

The end of an era.

20. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Too bad, had a good time there.

21. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That sucks! This has been my favorite show for years. I'm really going to miss that one. I know how hard you guys/gals worked to put this on and it really showed by how good the show was. Thanks to the Road Agents, Luke, Matt & Lisa. Robert & Ann, Johnny, Lenny, Jeff, Pete and friends for all the good times we had. Thank You! --- Scott

22. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Luke and the rest of the Road Agents,I

23. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Luke and the rest of the Road Agents,I never had my Chevy at your show but When I was able to come up,I made the trip from Union to E.Hartford.Leaving at 6am and spending all day just BS'ing and looking at cars.Never wanted to leave!!!!!!!!!.But I know it takes alot of work to put on a show.Don't worry though,if not this Summer,then next Summer for sure,the Road Trotters are going to a show here in NJ.Lots of Luck and all the best,Joe Manna President-Road Trotters CC,Est.1956 Union NJ

24. NoSurf

NoSurf

Damn- that totally sucks.

I hope someone else can step up and make a show happen of equal caliber.

I wish the best of luck to the Road Agents in their future endeavors.

25. I will really miss it! I want to thank you for all the years you guys put on the show.Good times!Maybe more of us will go to the Rumblers show now.

26. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

crap, and i finally have somethin to bring too

27. I think that should be the case, instead of this leaving a void in the traditional scene in the northeast we should rock out even harder. There's still the Rumbler's show in Terryville, the Hot Rod Riot, Fall Out and a new 100% Kulture show in Mass. Anyone have ideas for a new bash to take a little sting out of this loss? I've been thinking about stirring up a show for a while now anyway, let's come up with something!
    -Dean

28. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

What else can be said about the Rumble that you guys haevn't already said, this was the best summer happening on the east coast, period.
    A very big thanks goes out to the entire Road Agents Club and anyone else that helped make them happen, you all kicked ass for a lot of years, thanks.

I'm just glad I was able to get my Chebby finished enough to debut it at the final show.

It looks like the Holiday Inn is going to have to hire someone to coat their parking lot from now on!! haha

29. F&J

F&J

Just my opinion...take it for what it's worth:confused:

Milltown. Their first show was incredible, and it was a first year event. It was reported on Hamb that it will be 2 days this year. The only problem I see is that they just might run out of room in their big field:eek:
    It's a summer event rather than fall, so I think the timing is right for long distance guys.

But if you do a show in Ct, that would be great too.:D

30. glassguy

glassguy

yup theres not to much i can add . my year revolved around this show!! went to every one. they are probly the best memories that ill be talking about forever. more importantly i made excellant friends because of this show,and that will not change. thanks for all the years of hardwork so we could all have fun, and NOT work! dave