Register now to get rid of these ads!

1948 NOS Tucker Speedo Cluster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostn51, Feb 26, 2008.

1. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

2. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

uggggg..I had one of these in my hands this past weekend at swap meet...the guy wanted $80 for it and I thought it was to much...didn't know what it came out of

3. Wowcars

Wowcars

Theres always a NOS Tucker stuff for sale. Since there were so many parts left over when they closed the factory. They do surface more often then you might think. Cool piece, for sure.

4. old beet

old beet

I bought a NOS Tucker radio some years ago. Was in the original box, paid $15. Thought it was the buy of the century, til I found out they made about 10,000 of them! OLDBEET

5. alsancle

alsancle

Yeah, like it was said before. There's actually more NOS parts floating around then cars! The Gilmore Museum (CCCA) in Michigan has a Tucker barn and it's got boxes and boxes of NOS tucker parts in it.

6. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

Surprised to see that they apparently had a volt meter and not an ammeter.:):D

7. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

there was a tucker found here in memphis a long time ago damn near in the mississppi river, nobody knows what happened to it.

8. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

i wish i knew how many times i have said that in my lifetime!!! hind sight is 20/20!

9. I remember seeing one of these several times some years ago at swap meets in this area. I recall the box having the Tucker logo and part number and saying something like "Genuine Tucker Accessory". Thought it would be cool to have too, but it seems like they wanted at least a couple hundred bucks for it.

They probably aren't "hen's teeth" rare but I remember reading somewhere that Tucker sent some of these kinds of parts (radios, steering wheels, instrument clusters???) out to "customers" who had placed cash deposits on a car and were getting antsy about all the delays in delivery. It may have placated a few of them for a while but I'd guess a lot of these parts got trashed after a while as to not remind people of their lost deposits.

10. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

i just left the listing and the thing sold for $1600.......Holy Cow!!!!

11. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

I picked up a NOS heater for a Tucker a few years ago off ebay. It's going in my 42 merc custom one of these day's, when I ever get it finished. I saw that speedo setup & thought it would be neat to have,but not $1600 neat.

12. my uncle put a $500 deposit on a Tucker in 1948, got a set of Tucker Luggage from Tucker, It's mine next I get to L.A. to pick it up.

13. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT