Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas thaw Video and pics (Not dial up friendly)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PeteFromTexas, Feb 24, 2008.

1. saltracer

saltracer

Watch your mouth, It's a small block ford! We had a flathead in it but wore it out. My son and I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone.

2. saltracer

saltracer

3. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

He gave ya a 3 car head start in an 1/8 mile race and still beat you! How much easier could it be?

4. TexasRatRods.Com

TexasRatRods.Com

the red vette was a bad boy

Attached Files:

5. Anderson

Anderson

Thanks for the coverage!!! Looks like it was a good time. That orange T altered is tits.

6. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

dam sorry about that !
    I never meant to insult you with that Chevy word

7. STICKMAN

STICKMAN

Great pics........ those trophies rule

8. Big Tony

Big Tony

Was almost as bad ass as those pin up girls you had with you all day. Thanks a bunch for being a vendor and helping out.

9. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

what the fuck are you talking about ?
    all the races were heads up ,
    till the last bracket`s. that you did not show up for ? any of it .
    so shut the fuck up
    you are a dick head ! for not suporting the race you helped fuck up.
    from the start.

10. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I'm talking about the video I saw. He waited until you had a head start before he left. I thought that was the only way you raced without whining about it?

Ken knows why I wasn't there. I let him know a couple of weeks ago. I'm sorry to hear that you think the race was fucked up. You seem to be the only one that didn't think it was a great event. But then, you usually are the complainer.

I also told Ken that he might get added to the spam list from the Anti Heads Up Drag Racing Sewing Circle now that the Torques have taken the time and effort to set up a race event. Not to mention the finacial risk from them and the track. I know you will probably let them know how heads up killed drag racing blah blah blah...

Be real careful about saying fuck you and calling my a dick head. I might take offense and that wouldn't work out very good for you.

11. saltracer

saltracer

Actually our car sometimes had a bad stumble off the start line. the electric fan was not working and the car would get hot, then we'd hot wire the fan and the car would get ice cold. When it wasn't the stumble it would spin the tires. I didn't video the one good run against Ed in the t-bucket when it ran right and we both ran around 8.5 at 80 mph.

12. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Oh, I know you just had a bad start. I was just pointing out how quickly and easily you drove around his "hot rod" that couldn't outrun my wifes '04 Malibu.:)

13. Hotrod F-1

Hotrod F-1
    from OK

Great pictures and video by everyone. I wish I could have made it, but I'm thinking next year I'll have to be there. :cool:

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Photos and video are wonderful! Thanks so much for posting. Looks like a GREAT time was had by all.....including my litte princess Danyelle. WOW, look how long her hair is getting:eek:

15. Fasterthanu

Fasterthanu

It was a WICKED fun day!!

16. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

How did that all white 56 chevy hardtop run? I've seen pics of it before but never any info about it.

17. senior fried

senior fried

Buckeye 01 , that real nice 56 belongs to Lugnut II [Ron], I did not see his times when he ran, but if you pm him he would surely talk to you, he's always a contender and a great guy !

18. Looks like it was a great turn out/fun event.....wish I could'a been there...other commentments won over.
    Thanks for the folks putting it on...
    and thanks for posting shots.
    Skot

19. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Excellent pics and videos, Im jealous!

20. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Denise, I was going to go over and demand to SEE those cookies..but in my haste to inibe...........i forgot...

Maybe next time..

Is Big Olds ready?

M.

21. TexasDart

TexasDart

!@#$...I missed this to go to south Texas....bummer....see you all next time.

22. greybeard360

greybeard360

A friend of mine used to own the Scorpion V car of Bobby Langley. It looked much like it did back in the day except with a 6 cylinder Chevy motor in it.... a guy came to my shop a couple of years ago, heard that I might know where it was, I guess they found it! Car looks just like I remember it too!! The last time I saw it, it still had the original paint on it. I found out that Don Garlits built the chassis on that car just to keep Bobby from building another C channel aluminum frame chassis. This car is supposed to be the car he hit 200 mph in before anyone else had.

I wish I had gone up to the track now. The big red Ford from Texas Thunder was sailing from what Mark told me. One of my customers cars was in a photo shoot for Popular Hot Rodding the same day..... missed that too!!!

If I didn't have to work so much I wouldn't miss out on all of the fun! I guarantee I won't miss this one next year!!!

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yep, he's done. Just alittle undercarriage detailing this weekend and he'll be ready for the Detroit Autorama next weekend. See ya in April!

24. The Shocker

The Shocker

I cant wait for next year.I enjoyed watching but i would have much rather aired the Ranchero out on sat.Thanks for putting this event on Torques...

25. ratt7

ratt7

Thanks for the pics, lots of great cars !!

26. seatex

seatex

Damn, looks like I missed a great show! I'll have to watch for it a bit closer next year.:(

27. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Man, Now I really am pissed I missed it! Lots a cool cars! If you do it again next year I will try not to get the flew!:(

28. saltracer

saltracer

Another video

[​IMG]

if this works............

29. saltracer

saltracer

30. senior fried

senior fried

Its hard to believe that a week has gone by since the 1st. Texas Thaw. Good memories already !