Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever "earned" a nickname?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RileyRacing, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well,

I ended up moving back to Detroit, as we decided NOT to take a $100K or so hit on selling our house.

So I went back to work where I was (Thanks, Mike!;)) and my first day everyone was calling me "Pushrod". It took some thinking, but I remembered that when I was there last summer, I did a valve adjustment on a Kawasaki Vtwin, and had the pushrod off center in the lifter, and it bent. Couldn't figure out why there was no fire in that cylinder until I took it back apart... well, the guys there didn't forget!

So, I am henceforth at work known as "Pushrod.":D

Could be worse I guess.

Anyone else got a good story?

Jay

2. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Dreadman, I had dreads when I was younger

3. So my father said to me, "Listen, Stupid"
    He always called me listen.

4. most folks just call me hey asshole! even my wife .. but most of my family call me shine cause i look like my grandpops the moonshiner..

5. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

Conrod... God knows why?

6. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Last name is Ocock.
    Nickname is "Miles."

-Brad

7. hoof

hoof

They called me scratch in college. Spent a few too many hours hunched over a pool table apparently.

I figured it was serious when I was playing pool with a guy I never met and he asked me if I was scratch?

CHAZ

8. "Cracker"

I couldn't stand the B-1 version of C-Rations and would trade the meat choices for the crackers. That name stuck with me through 35 years with the military.

9. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

My ex-wife called me Pencil Dick I don't know why

10. singledownloop

singledownloop

Homey and i'm a short,thin white guy.You figure it out :)

11. Well,, back in the early 70's our rag tag car club went to the North Atlanta Street Rods show/rod run at Stone Mountian Park and it was the first trip I made in my 30 model A pickup,,,

[​IMG]

I had just finished putting the truck back together the day before we left home.

We were happy to make the show and during that hot muggy saturday one member of our club,after consuming large amounts of frosty beer decided to make a sign to let eveyone know I had just gotten my truck on the road,,,

So he took the bottom cardboard from a 24 can case of bud and in his best CRAYOLA script scrawled out all the features he could dream up and denoted that the paint ( red primer) was applyed by the best painter in Anderson, South Carolina,,,HOTRODPRIMER,,

I am far from being the best painter,,in fact I am somewhat of a hack,,,that being said I have owned a lotta cars that never got painted,,,just primer,,,

To this day I am still a member of the same club,,,and all the old members remember the story,,,and NOBODY will admit doing the deed,,,the name stuck,,,That's my HAMB name,,,HRP,,for short

12. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

Highschool nickname because of my last name was "Woody"

My dad always called me "Mr. HorsePower", he said I could always pull that extra little bit out of my motors on raceday, thats because he taught me well.

A shop I worked at when I was in my 20's called me "Cooter", I was always fuggin with something.

13. My screen name on the left........nothing special really. I was first called that by a pal named Dave Buck in 7th grade or so..........first name Trent, Tman it became.

14. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

mine was gifted to me.. hahha, , by the local hot rod gods HAHAHA

15. Cool story, I allways wondered, as everything of yours I've seen has shiny paint on it. Except the new truck I guess.

16. Well,, not everything,,,my new truck is kinda semi gloss black!:D HRP

[​IMG]

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

"Roadsnake",..was given to me in my Years of heavy MC riding..some that know me by that, still call me by it.

18. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Well my buddies call me "Rocket Man" there is a story behind that's not really apropriate for the HAMB, but my dad thinks it because of my large collection of Olds V8's...So now even my grandpa calls me Rocket Man. And all of my black friends call me "Albino" because of my strange taste in rap music and my affection for any and all things DONK...I know it's a problem but I'm pretty sure no one else in Omaha is going to have a 4x4 '73 Impala Tow Rig...

19. JamesG

JamesG

When I was an apprintice one of my journymen called me "Casper" because I was always disipearing on him.

20. Goof. I'm the one in the family with the quick snappy replies all the time.

Last weekend I come in the house and I'm wearing my overalls, my sister is there and says " You look like a bloody redneck wearing those.". To which I reply "You're the one who brought cornbread over" (because she did). Her reply: "Shut-up, you goof", because the rest of the family is all laughing at her.

21. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I was called "Silver Dollar" in highschool because my friends knew I saved every dollar I made. But they were driving their hot rod and I was still pedalling my bicycle! Not cool.
    Didn't buy a car till afterI graduated.

22. Over an decade ago I had an '63 Impala and my MoPar friends started to call me "Pablo" because its somewhat low looks. I'm all blond and was even thin back then, so that nickname really didn't sit that well to my habitus. I'm glad they have forgotten that by now.

23. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

I was Grizzly Adams in college because of my big bushy beard. People I'd never seen before new who I was. I was made famous by my beard. When I trimmed it a few months before graduation, my closest friends didn't even recognize me. :D

24. I was chopping a '48 chevy coupe for a friend around the time I turned 40. Had a big 40th blowout garage party. The coupe owner did a Burma Shave sign for me that said:
    Tall tops
    Flat glass
    Charlie chops
    A touch of class

It stuck.

Charlie

25. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Wouldn't say that I necessarily earned my nickname, but about 6 or 7 years ago a guy, in this car hobby of ours, started calling me Malcolm.
    He thought I looked like Malcolm from the "Malcolm in the Middle" TV show. Other guys agreed, so that's what they started calling me.
    I was fairly new to the Omaha area, so as I met new people around here I was introduced as Malcolm. For quite a while some guys thought that was actually my name and, to this day, there are quite a few people that think Malcolm is my name.

Could be worse, I guess. It really doesn't bother me at all.

I added my Myspace page in my Signature line - you'll kinda see why he started calling me Malcolm.

BTW, my name is Nick :)

26. rab71

rab71

When I was in the Air Force, I would always be carrying a Hot Rod magazine with me where ever I went. Because being in the military there can be MUCH hurry up and wait time.

Hence the nick name "Hot Rod"... :rolleyes:

Although most people that meet me from the boards call me RAB...
    Pretty obvious there, ya' think?

27. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

Yep,..... look to your left. Man that's a shitty nickname!

28. Here at work I go by many names, lol. I remind some people of a Sean that used to work here, so that's just one of the many names I'll answer too.

Like the saying goes, you can call me whatever you want.....just don't call me late to dinner.

29. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

A few of the older guys on my department call me "cat" It started out as kitten.....luckly it got shortened

Seems one of the calls I went on hadda rabid cat that was terrorizing the neighborhood...cute fluffy thing that was crazy as hell....the whole foaming mouth thing didnt do it for me....when it went to snack on my leg I had enough...

we didnt have tazers back then...

Only time I ever had to use my sidearm.....

30. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I earned mine in the Army. Once you are accepted and respected as a medic here you get the nick name Doc, (Whatever your last name is) I was pretty damn proud the first time I was called that.
    Then there was a less often used nick name, the 'Shit Magnet'. It seemed that shit would always happen when I was around. First day on a parachute DZ, a guy had a malfunction, First duty on an operational Military airfield a fighter crashed, First duty at a base Airshow a display plane crashed. Im not even going into deployments but Ive been shot at more than most medics ever will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.