Register now to get rid of these ads!

My A project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodtodd, Jan 3, 2008.

1. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

the CMX guys are GOOD.
    they bagged my 50 chevy truck.
    [​IMG]

and they are building my frame for my 29 Dodge Coupe.

Matt is on the HAMB, check out their stuff:
    cmxindustries.com
    myspace.com/cmxhouston

2. hotrodtodd

hotrodtodd
    Member Emeritus
    from Houston

Got back tires installed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

Got any good pics from the front? I didn't get any of the motor mounts before it left. Thanks.

4. hotrodtodd

hotrodtodd
    Member Emeritus
    from Houston

A couple of updated shots. I hope to hear it run today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. hotrodtodd

hotrodtodd
    Member Emeritus
    from Houston

6. Brad S.

Brad S.

Congrats man!

7. kustombypook

kustombypook

That is fuckin' cool. But I am sorry, I don't think the top half of the engine goes with the rest of the car. Just my opinion.

8. cmichael

cmichael

That thing is a beast! I just got done watching the video. What kind of taillights are those they look sick!

9. Looks great. And, hey, it's the year of the rat!

10. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

This is my first time seeing this post. looks like you you have been very busy. Good job on the frame and the chop looks good too. I like the headers and the lights on the back was a good choice. that thing is going to scrape the ground hard core are you driving this on the street or track? any way it looks cool Its going to be a piss to drive. It would look cool if you took the bug catcher off and weld up a cool looking injector with stacks standing strait up in the air like eight of them real tall. not that I am cutting up on the bug catcher but just a sudjestion coming from an out side piont of veiw. It would match the headers

11. Senica

Senica

That is SICK!!

LOVE the view from the drivers seat!

Enjoy the ride!

12. speed-kings

speed-kings

13. hotrodtodd

hotrodtodd
    Member Emeritus
    from Houston

Thanks alot, the tail lights are 39 chevy. As of right now I'm running a bug catcher. Sorry. I have been a drag racing fan from the early 70's. One day I may change my mind but I like the bug catcher. An injector system would be nice, but I like my bug catcher. I'm not into the hardcore 40's 50's only rides. I like to mix alot of things up.

14. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Has anyone not noticed what is going to happen when he blows a tire at speed?

15. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

I did ,but considering there seems to be a "Emperors New Clothes "syndrome regarding the underslung Chassis fad in the last couple of days I thought Discretion was the better part of Valour.
    ....and it's going to be ugly when that car bottoms out at speed .

16. hotrodtodd

hotrodtodd
    Member Emeritus
    from Houston

Thanks for worrying about me. I will think about that as I ride my Harley at 100mph also. Good thing I was adding driver and passenger "Air Bags" in the car.

17. 1940AD

1940AD
    from New Jersey

very nice build, don't mind the haters, they're just jealous. This whole safety shit is getting out of control.

My .02 on this...lets face it, these cars are hobby cars - not daily drivers, not driven in shitty weather conditions or blizzards. Countless hours are invested and owners are cautious when driving - avoiding known nasty roads, being concious of potholes etc.

Do you not let your wife drive her SUV because 1 tire might blow out while shes on an exit ramp at 45mph in the rain?

18. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Sorry buddy, why have a car if your not going to drive in shitty weather snowand rain what ever. Potholes are the norm in chicagoland:D . Safety like a scrub-line should be a factor when building the car, it sucks when you can't steer or stop the car when your sitting on the chassie or body.
    It does look like a very nice car and a simple fix to make it safer.
    It's extra eyes that are pointing out something you may have missed ,kinda like safety inspections at rodruns. Just trying to help not bash YA.....

19. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

I do not understand! Is the "model A" a muscle car?

20. Moonglow

Moonglow

It's neither..... It's a hot rod, and a damn cool one. :cool:

21. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

I think you could call "it" a Neo-Hot Rod, It's definitely not traditional.
    To me (remember this is my opinion) It looks like a mini truck and a muscle car hit head on at 100 mph then you covered up it with some vintage tin. The fabrication is killer! Ha Ha Ha...

At the very least please change out those ugly a$$ valve covers...

22. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Front disc brakes, bug catcher, tunnel ram, poor engineering----looks like a cross breed between a street rod and a rat rod. You built it, live with it!!!

23. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

When you have hair on your dick you can call me a hater ,in the meantime I suggest you think long and hard about what the letters FNG mean on your profile. Then google up the term "scrub line" and consider the damage bad engineering design does to this hobby.
    When any car bottoms out any speed it becomes seriously fucking dangerous. i dont give a fuck about this guy or his stupid dumb fuck attitude but if he kills someone else then hes gonna try and blame someone else ,just as we saw in another post here on the HAMB last Friday.
    Tghen you may consider the other dumb shit in future who thinks this is good engineering design and decides to build on himself and goes and kills himself or some innocent person.
    Everyone else has been in this longer than you ,we speak from experience and have learnt from it. It's about time you did. FNG

24. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Everyone needs to read this, no better words could be said!!!

25. Brad S.

Brad S.

26. hotrodtodd

hotrodtodd
    Member Emeritus
    from Houston

Sounds like someone needs a VOLVO. Safty first. Disc. brakes makes a car stop. Sorry, they were invented in the 40's. My bug catcher and tunnel ram are there to piss you off. It looks like it worked. Not really, I built this car the way I wanted to. I am not trying to win shows. I do think that there are MANY low slung frame draggin "traditional hotrods" out there. I built it, I will deal with it.

27. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

I googled scrub line and came up with...
    [​IMG]

as far as front disc brakes, (they stop better than drums) bug catcher, tunnel ram, and poor enginnering, (it was mentioned " you built it, you live with it")
    he ain't gonna be uber-traditional and run oem, "vintage" dryrotted tires on front drum antiquated braking systems, ...not that there is anything wrong with that,...but it's SAFER to run disc's, since a couple of people here are self proclaimed safety marshalls.

IF,....IF,...he has a front tire blowout,...YES there will be some damage, and possible collateral damage to others,...but the same thing can be said for one of those yuppy SAAB, Volvo, or other "non poorly engeneered vehicles.
    But if we all sat around wondering what if this and that, then no one would be building their idea of a cool car.
    If some of you "haters" are concerned with what may happen if....then YOU guys are probably on the wrong board.
    Try the BMW forum, or maybe the runflat tire forum.

I am going to go work on my bike,...wow, I just thought,what if it falls off the lift, or what if I bust a knuckle??????

28. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

29. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

I haven't been on the Hamb for a month or two, and this is the sort of thing I read when I open the first thread????

Unless this is actually a friendly jibe, by a buddy, I think somebody has missed the whole point of the Hamb by about a hundred miles!!!

And all the abuse and gob shyte about safety from some posters, I'll let you into a secret: There is no SAFE car, only 'safer', so if you really want as totally safe as you are preaching about then you'd do better buying an '08 model SUV, as at least you know you are about as safe as you can possibly get.

If you're driving anything less, then you're just being downright hypocritical!

30. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

I can here it now, "there just jealous of you bro"
    nope, not jealous or a hatter. I just don't like this car.

You posted this thread to brag and get feedback, well here ya go.
    You need to deal with the scrub line, or you could just change the name of your build to "I'm with stupid".

If your happy with you car, cool. One of the great things about customizing cars is there are really no rules, but when it come to engineering a car there are many.

It's still better than a mini van!...