Register now to get rid of these ads!

can anyone tell me who makes the best floor jack?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldno3fan, Feb 21, 2008.

1. oldno3fan

oldno3fan

im thinking about buying the torin aluminum race jack for 299.99 but theres not many reviews on it looks just like the bluepoint one snap on sales .. i heard the craftsman ones were crap the newer ones that is lmk thanks

2. llonning

llonning

I have a Walker myself, best investment in a jack I ever made. Not cheap,but is worth every penny!!!!

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  3. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

4. zzford

zzford

Most of them are all built overseas. I believe Hein-Werner is the only small floor jack still built in the USA. Also the H/W jacks are repairable. My job bought one about a year ago at about $325.

5. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Bought a Walker 30 years ago...still going strong...Beat that with your offshore junk

6. zzford

zzford

Walkers are now built overseas.

7. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I had a Lincoln for years.But is was a regular shop jack.

8. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

9. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I also own an aluminmum race jack.It will lift a car with 2 pumps.But it will not work in a confined area.Like if you want to lift a 2500 series truck by the rear end.You are SOL.The handle needs to cycle all the way up or it will not pump.Good for side of car lifting or lifting from the front where the handle will cycle all the way up.this is the kicker.Its a 500.00 jack and it sits in the corner of the garage,because most of the time its useless.

Alonzo "Lon" Wilson and 98Racer like this.
  10. Might find this of some help: http://www.vorshlag.com/tech_jacks6.asp

And, if money is no object: http://www.brunnhoelzl.com/WARRIORJACKS.htm

The rights to Walker jacks, or the name, are now owned by Lincoln & have been for many years...so far as I know they are not sold under that name any more. Lincoln is now absorbed by Hein-Werner (which is owned by yet another company), & I believe the brands of Lincoln, Marquette, & Blackhawk are all going to be called Hein-Werner. Clear as mud...?

11. 2nd that

12. i have a old lincoln that was from a buddys tire shop when he decided to replace the fleet,one heavy ass muther fucker! i went out and bought a harbor freight aluminum one and have been abusing it for going on three years now. sure is nice to be able to grab the floor jack,load it in my van and not have your back go out or wait until somebody drops by to help load the thing!

13. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

I have been abusing my Craftsman jack for over 30 yrs now. If you can't afford to get a new Walker or H-W, then hit the estate sales for a used one. I have even garbage picked one from a service station dumpster that we rebuilt 15 yrs ago on the cheap.
    I bought a new Chink-junk low profile jack that is a POS next to the 30 yr old ones!

14. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

15. I bought a Hein Werner in 1977 when I opened my shop. Paid an ass-load for it but it has never let me down. I installed a 2 post lift 2 years ago. Now the H-W jack makes a good place to hang your coat!!!!!

16. lewislynn

lewislynn

17. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

I just bought a jack from Napa. It's one of there professional series. I like it,we have 2 of them at the company I work for and a friend that owns a repair shop has one too. PAUL

18. jonny o

jonny o

Got a "blackjack" low profile steel in the walmart clearance isle for $30 bucks because the top half of the handle was missing.

It's held up a lot better than I thought a wal mart jack would. Did some research and they are made in Canada I believe.

19. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

There's the reason right there. Good old Canadian quality..............:p

20. i have a set i bought at sears many years ago , they work fine for me but i am not a pro and they are not used everyday or as often as most..

21. i have a 2 -1/2 craftsman floor jack and a "vintage" lincoln both work great

22. I got a "Goodwrench" one at Wal-mart, a small one - cheap, $25, but I mostly got it to throw in my truck in case I needed it. Have beat the crap out of it and it still seems to work - and I figure it's cheap enough if it breaks I can throw it away.

Of course the problem now is I have to do a trans R&R in a 3/4 ton truck... guess I need to buy or borrow a bigger jack.

23. cruzr

cruzr

have an older Sears craftsman.....takes all the abuse i can dish out and works great

24. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

i bought a 'snap-on' 2 1/2 ton jack probably 15 years ago, it's lifted anything i've rolled it under. and at the risk of sounding like a redneck, a few years ago it helped move a single-wide mobile home off a foundation [we used two of them at each end]. as far as 'todays' quality, not sure.

25. buick320a

buick320a
    from indiana

I bought one at the Street Rod Nats from the NAPA booth for $150 , and goes low to the ground, (about 3 inches)

26. oldno3fan

oldno3fan

27. rodknocker

rodknocker

I bought a Michelin Jack for $70 about 5 years ago at sams club,works great.

28. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

I don't know who makes the best floor, and quit calling me Jack!

bobss396 likes this.
  29. Used to have a Walker until my @#^&* buddy needed it more than I did, SOB moved and took it with him. I now have a Sears that is 15 yrs. old and still w
    orks great.

OLD HEMI

30. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Go to a Jack repair shop ... most decent sized towns have one and buy a rebuilt OLD Walker. It will not be cheap $$$ but it will last you the rest of your life. If it fails ... they are rebuildable for not a lot of money.

My Walker is old ... but very dependable.